Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

+3
0ldcat
mrfrance
HEHORE
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton) Empty local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

Post  HEHORE Sun Feb 26 2012, 15:15

I really want to go on a ride out next Sunday if the weather is as nice as today , I don't know any good places to ride but I'm hoping you do , none of my mates have bikes so I don't go out much , hoping to go to loomies area or new forest , and meet a few of you ( Mr France and dean j ) so what do you think ? Want to plan something on either 3rd sorry sunday is the 4th (as pointed out by dean ) or 11th march ? And know some good routes ?

Last edited by HEHORE on Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:17; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : because i cant work out dates)
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton) Empty Re: local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

Post  mrfrance Sun Feb 26 2012, 19:28

I can probably make Sunday 3rd. I know a few good roads around the Loomies area!
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton) Empty Re: local ride out ( portsmouth/southampton)

Post  HEHORE Sun Feb 26 2012, 19:38

Good good , we will have to defenatly meet
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Feb 26 2012, 20:56

HEHORE wrote:I really want to go on a ride out next Sunday if the weather is as nice as today , I don't know any good places to ride but I'm hoping you do. . . .
I might be being a bit of an old cynic here, but, if you're not to good with the general area, here's an idea . . . . and I'm not extracting the urine here or being deliberately condescending . . . but . . .

Go to your local garage, buy a local map, study it, mark up a few roads/routes . . . jump on yer bike and go reccy them.

Some will be sh1te . . . some you'll get lost, but then you'll strike gold and find a real perler. Stop at cafes that have bikes on the hard standing . . . get a coffee and ask the other bikers their routes (take notes).

In essence, get out there . . . go find . . . . you never know . . . if you find a 150 mile 1/2 decent loop . . . it could become the southern ride out . . . . . . . . . . . . No not Beaulieu Rolling Eyes

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Sun Feb 26 2012, 21:12

Im game for this ( sunday will be 4th btw) depending on getting bike sorted and having the free time.

I know a good route that covers 90 or so miles from portsmouth out through havant,chichester, midhurst, petworth, petersfield, Loomies, wickham, ending up at Portsdown hill for a mighty micks burger!

Loads of good roads around here, just learning the good routes thats the hard bit!

Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:02

Sounds good to me Dean-J, maybe I can chuck a good road I know en-route naughty
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:10

ill ride anywhere fella! thats the only one i remember though Laughing
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:18

so now all three of us are up for this , where do we meet ? as me and dean are right near each other , wheres best to meet you mr france ? (im not 100% sure but i want to call you paul , am i right ? )
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:27

id vote for portsdown hill. easy access to plenty of nice roads?
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:34

0ldcat wrote:
HEHORE wrote:I really want to go on a ride out next Sunday if the weather is as nice as today , I don't know any good places to ride but I'm hoping you do. . . .
I might be being a bit of an old cynic here, but, if you're not to good with the general area, here's an idea . . . . and I'm not extracting the urine here or being deliberately condescending . . . but . . .

Go to your local garage, buy a local map, study it, mark up a few roads/routes . . . jump on yer bike and go reccy them.

Some will be sh1te . . . some you'll get lost, but then you'll strike gold and find a real perler. Stop at cafes that have bikes on the hard standing . . . get a coffee and ask the other bikers their routes (take notes).

In essence, get out there . . . go find . . . . you never know . . . if you find a 150 mile 1/2 decent loop . . . it could become the southern ride out . . . . . . . . . . . . No not Beaulieu Rolling Eyes

i went out for a ride yesterday, found a good road , tried to get to loomies , but took a wrong turn, once i got home i checked where i went , turned out loomies was at the end of the road i started on wall , and i had asked directions! well i went from fareham on the A32 , quite nice road, my mistake came when i turned right onto the b2150 , then onto hambledon road , taking me through worlds end , then a left at the end onto shoot hill left onto b2177 then home after micks van
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:43

mrfrance, This is a route i have taken a couple of times from near yours, and it'll take you to micks van, link if you know a better way , let me know , as i ride upthere othen to see family.
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:19

Thanks for the link Steve, looksd like a nice simple route, I know a nicer one but is much more elaborated (50 miles more) deal I think I will stick to yours otherwise I'll be rather fashionably late Smile

Portsdown Hill it is then! ...and yes it is Paul Smile ...what sorta time? I would recommend quite early
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:34

not much point leaving before 10am really, give roads a chance to dry out/warm up!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:44

Due to work times ,10 would be best for me , so meet at micks van 10am for Cuppa tea then go on our way ?
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:49

Sounds like a plan! Steve you have my number so if there are any problems on the day let me know... not that I'll be able to answer whilst riding Very Happy

Dean I can PM you my number also you need it. Ta!
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:57

HEHORE wrote: and i had asked directions!

Oh no we can't have that, you'll let the side down Laughing

What route you going to take?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:39

mrfrance wrote:Sounds like a plan! Steve you have my number so if there are any problems on the day let me know... not that I'll be able to answer whilst riding Very Happy

Dean I can PM you my number also you need it. Ta!

yeah fire it over Paul, always good to have another owners number just in case! Laughing

Hoping to get my carbs sorted tomorrow or that only leaves me an hour of daylight friday to do it due to other commitments, but i should be able to get her right Smile

Going to have a couple lads with me as well as i had already said id ride with them sunday. My mate chris on his 11 plate GSXR600 and my neighbour Harry who rides a ZXR400. Also another chap i know called chris on his CBR600RR, he's the one i normally let choose the routes as he knows his way around here rather well after some 30odd years of riding!

600RR is by far and away the fastest guy i know if he wants to go for it, me and chris are on a par ( although i prob need more time on the new bike to get properly used to her before im on him again!) Harry is brand new to ride outs, has just been commuting on his bike for last year, he's overly cautious, but not dreadfully slow when he see's fit Smile

They are a good bunch of lads and a nice mixed bunch to ride with, so hope you guys dont mind!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:45

i have no problem with it , if nothing else i can keep harry company Very Happy
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:15

so from what i can work out , this is the basic route , not exact just rough! link
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:32

NO way im riding down the A27! lol gimme min and ill put it up
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:34

Dean-J wrote:NO way im riding down the A27! lol gimme min and ill put it up
said it was rough
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:44

Sort of this ( not exact as im sick of pulling and twisting the route as google thinks it knows better than me!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some real nice bits of road round there Smile
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:17

theres one bit i would change link only because i prefer that bit of road , not too keen on the front of portsdown hill
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:30

Can do fella, although that bit of road you've linked is a bit too tight with very few safe clear overtake spots, which means if you get stuck behind a car your pretty much stuck there most of the way! Id probably chop fareham from the route altogether and come back along the 272 from wickham to the hill, nice quick bit of road with plenty overtake opportunities! Smile
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:32

that would be the better route , (no fareham) so plans a good'en , unless paul has a bit he would like to add ???
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next