Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to Assen 2012

4 posters

Go down

Going to Assen 2012 Empty Going to Assen 2012

Post  Snowcat Sat Feb 25 2012, 09:06

Just wondered if anyone was attending any MotoGp etc this year. There's about 10 of us embarking on a trip to Assen in June for the GP. It's obviously my first time, (and my mate dropsy!!) but the rest have been doing it for the last 3 - 4 years.

Really looking forward to it as friends tell me it's pretty straight forward riding and the nightlife is amazing. They are looking forward to re-visiting a bar where the owner eats plastic and they always stock up with all the "English Favourites". Apparently they are treated like royalty over there so can't wait.

And who knows may see one or two of you there Smile

Last edited by 0ldcat on Sun Feb 26 2012, 08:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to Events , Ride 0uts & Meets ~ from tour/trip REPORTS.)
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Going to Assen 2012 Empty Re: Going to Assen 2012

Post  Rosco Sat Feb 25 2012, 19:19

Cool. Enjoy!

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sat Feb 25 2012, 23:25

I in a group of 9 to assen in May for a round of the 848 challenge. One of the lads works with somebody racing in the challenge and we are going along to support them. We have rented a a nearby farmhouse for the weekend.

Your mates get on tips on good routes, places to go, bars etc??
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Feb 26 2012, 09:53

There is one bar they gravitate to which is really friendly, I'll try and get the name and place. As for route I think it's just 1 long road without much deviation, they don't tend to do any touring whilst over there. Our with him today so I'll see what info I can get to pass on
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Feb 26 2012, 21:21

Snowcat wrote:There is one bar they gravitate to which is really friendly, I'll try and get the name and place. As for route I think it's just 1 long road without much deviation, they don't tend to do any touring whilst over there. Our with him today so I'll see what info I can get to pass on

Cool cheers great
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  matzi Sun Mar 04 2012, 17:03

Tom and me will be in Assen und at the German GP Sachsenring as the last 4 Years. Both always great but quite different. We´ll have a look if we can find you Very Happy Where are you go to stay?

Greetz from Germany Tom and Matzi
matzi
matzi
2Bronze
2Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Mar 19 2012, 13:27

This is the hotel we'll be staying in. Apparently the lads stat there every year and tge room rates are really reasonable. It the Hampshire Hotel De Eese - See link below

http://m.venere.com/mt/www.venere.com/hampshire-classic-hotels/steenwijk/hotel-de-eese/

Ferry is booked, hotel is booked and Moto GP ticket booked, getting a little giddy now I can tell you Smile

Just gotta get passport renewed and jobs a good un !!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down