Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl

+3
kwakkat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
SteveCat
7 posters

Go down

Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl Empty Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 02 2009, 20:10

Getting close to Lidl's annual bike gear offering. See they are getting started and have some 'Motorcycle cleaner' and 'Chain Cleaner' for 99p per 300ml can and other items that may be of interest.
Link to the Lidl website.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl Empty Re: Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05 2009, 20:49

Nuffink in sleaford yet Crying or Very sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl Empty Re: Bike and Car cleaning stuff at Lidl

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Thu Mar 05 2009, 21:17

This offer doesn't start until Monday 9th March........
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05 2009, 21:30

Prob be why there wasn't any in there then Laughing i never looked at the link - couldn't be arsed - i just drove the 14 miles instead (well, i didn't someone else did lol)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Mon Mar 09 2009, 21:31

...more bike stuff from next Monday (16th) jackets, helmets, boots etc - which means Aldi will be coming soon too.
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 09 2009, 21:47

The socks are worth it, the radio is OK if you're not too serious about inter-bike comms ( haven't done anything useful with mine yet).
I managed to break the trousers I got last year, and slid all over the place in 'em.
The intercom isn't worth the money even at £7.82, unless you plan to use it up 30mph. I have the first aid kit, basic, but not bad.
The Balaclava is OK, would only use it in cold weather though.

Not sure about the other stuff, any experiences?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09 2009, 22:04

LOL me and neil were just discussing the socks ponder
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 09 2009, 22:18

Anyone know why they have Motorcycle Socks and an L (on one) and R (on the other) along with the size embroidered on them? I haven't tried putting them on the wrong foot - would have thought they were both the same.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Mon Mar 09 2009, 22:46

...to state the obvious the L is for Left & R for Right (PMSL) - the socks have to go on the correct feet. The 2 socks are different they come with insole (instep?) padding.... plus if you buy your lass a pair it saves puttin your name in them.......... assuming she has lady size feet.
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Mar 10 2009, 20:30

is that why the girls use to shop at C&A for there knickers
lol! pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11 2009, 10:50

why did they put names in?????
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Wed Mar 11 2009, 18:05

Suzzie!! - I think Peter means Front & Back - You really are NOT well!! naughty
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Mar 12 2009, 12:40

Tank Bag looks fair value for money since better known manufacturers (oxford et al) charge over double for one with the same specs. The thermal top and trousers look ok too, after all, its for keeping toasty warm and not a fashion parade.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveWillo Thu Mar 12 2009, 19:00

0ldcat wrote:Tank Bag looks fair value for money since better known manufacturers (oxford et al) charge over double for one with the same specs. The thermal top and trousers look ok too, after all, its for keeping toasty warm and not a fashion parade.

I'll be at LIDL Sutton at 8am on Monday if you're going. I'm in the market for a new helmet and whatever else I can sneak past the missus!
DaveWillo
DaveWillo
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 45
Hobbies : I work for the queen - ahem
Humour : pretty sick!
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Mar 12 2009, 19:57

I bought one of the tank bags last year...well worth the money.. deal
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12 2009, 20:08

Yorkshire_Thundercat wrote:Suzzie!! - I think Peter means Front & Back - You really are NOT well!! naughty

what - did they do that? i've never had any with that in tho i never lived near enough to C&A to get any - or are you all just teasing me on my sick bed Laughing

going back to the bike stuff - are their lids actually any good? (Not that i need one) must confess i'm too big a fan of Arai to buy anything else
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Mar 14 2009, 14:09

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:going back to the bike stuff - are their lids actually any good? (Not that i need one) must confess i'm too big a fan of Arai to buy anything else
S'pose the lids have to be up to the required safety standards. It's just I'm not so sure I'd want to buy any kind of safety gear from a non-bike outlet.
At least if you get safety equipment (whatever make) from a biker shop you have backup and the know how of fitting etc as well as exchanging goods if needs be.
Socks, thermal undies, wet proof over suit etc - yup I'll have a look. . . . Lids - Hmm, even a cut price well known brand would make me a bit nervy.

NB:
Missus was in Lidl @ Sutton today (Sat). They were getting all the biking kit out ready for the rush on Monday morning. Said the flip up front lids looked ok.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16 2009, 09:49

In Lidl at Sleaford yesterday - no sign of any of it yet but apparently they were a week after everyone else before.

Going back to the C&A knickers .... I cannot believe i was so slow on the update - pmsl it was finally explained to me yesterday DOH. In my defence i have been ill in bed all week - am now up and about and speaking with a voice i'd probably make a killing with on one of those dodgy 'meet girls in your area' lines you see advertised after midnight! Ah well, the shopping calls ... obviously i'll just have to check out Lidl's in case!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Mar 17 2009, 14:41

Ezzy's Mum! wrote: 'meet girls in your area' lines you see advertised after midnight!

Where they advertised? Maybe I ought to stay home a bit more!

There I am all ready for the Lidl bike sale and when it happens, I'm not in the country :( Mad
Was going to see what was left on Saturday, but looks like I have another country to visit before I can go home, guess it'll all be gone, even in Sleaford, by the time I get back.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17 2009, 18:41

Gutted - NO SOCKS at Sleaford!!!!! I got one of the tops ok it says Mens on it but who cares if i'm warm!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Mar 18 2009, 19:09

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:Gutted - NO SOCKS at Sleaford!!!!! I got one of the tops ok it says Mens on it but who cares if i'm warm!!!
They had no socks at Sutton either.
Dave asked when we were there, and the answer was that they were not up to Lidls' high standards Shocked ponder Smile

Yeah, the thermals looked good, and your exactly right. Who cares as long as they keep you toasty.

I got one of the kidney belts, can't grumble at that price.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Wed Mar 18 2009, 20:47

No tank bags in Knaresborough either.... Grrrr
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19 2009, 14:07

MevsyD wrote:No tank bags in Knaresborough either.... Grrrr

Got loads at Sleaford but one thing that did confuse me (i wasn't looking one either way as i have my baby red oxford) didn't matter how i counted there were only 4 magnets not 20 in them! Plus they didn't have magnets in the base just 2 either side on each of the 2 side flaps but if you definately want one getting matey i don't mind picking one up for you. The top is smashing - wore it yesterday lovely and warm.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down