Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This may shock you... I'm an idiot....

+4
Wooster
Radar
weasley
stretchie_
8 posters

Go down

This may shock you... I'm an idiot.... Empty This may shock you... I'm an idiot....

Post  stretchie_ Sun Feb 05 2012, 15:37

Well, I've been sorting the garage out now we're all moved in.

Got it mostly sorted, and by that I mean my shelves are up, tool box and work table in place and everything else piled up in the corner.

Soooo, I thought I'd have a look at the cat, I put it on the abba stand, took a load of pics with the proper camera for my build album to show what I've done. (it's nasty and full of rust)

So when it came to taking the seat off to take the tank off I realised that I have no idea where my keys are. There's a million boxes in the house they might be in.....

Doh... wall

Might have to bend the seat up to release the catch and worry about the keys in a couple of months

But at least the first step has been taken. Here's the bike poised and awaiting my velvet touch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

This may shock you... I'm an idiot.... Empty Re: This may shock you... I'm an idiot....

Post  weasley Sun Feb 05 2012, 15:50

I'll PM you an idea.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

This may shock you... I'm an idiot.... Empty Re: This may shock you... I'm an idiot....

Post  Radar Sun Feb 05 2012, 16:12

You should be able to order new keys from Yamaha via the VIN number. It would be cheaper to find your original set though!

Years ago a mate of mine spent weeks looking for the keys to his FJ1100. I was stood next to his bike in his garage as he moaned about it...

I said

"Are these them?" pointing at a bunch of keys dangling out of the seat lock...

He was a bit red faced... Embarassed
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Sun Feb 05 2012, 16:48

weasley wrote:I'll PM you an idea.

Thank you, I'll reply Wink

Radar wrote:Years ago a mate of mine spent weeks looking for the keys to his FJ1100. I was stood next to his bike in his garage as he moaned about it...

I said

Done that before. I do have them, both sets, just not sure where they are right now. But I'll be glad to find them, there are with some other keys like the keys to another bike chain that we've n ot had to use since selling the other halves bike, but now I'd like to use the spare chain to chain the bike trailer up to a tree.

I probably won't actually start stripping the bike until the blast cabinet is finished but I need to have a sit and think about how to finish that. Things like putting a window in it and a form of extraction (still need to buy a shop vac for this very purpose)
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Feb 05 2012, 16:55

Radar wrote:You should be able to order new keys from Yamaha via the VIN number. It would be cheaper to find your original set though!

Years ago a mate of mine spent weeks looking for the keys to his FJ1100. I was stood next to his bike in his garage as he moaned about it...

I said

I've done that.. Embarassed Laughing
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Feb 05 2012, 17:04

Wooster wrote:
Radar wrote:You should be able to order new keys from Yamaha via the VIN number. It would be cheaper to find your original set though!

I said

Fairly regularly seen it on rideouts and still guilty myself on occasion.
Didn't know you had a velvet touch Dan. Good luck in the hunt.
Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Sun Feb 05 2012, 17:41

Rosco wrote:Didn't know you had a velvet touch Dan.

You knows it baby

Twisted Evil
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Feb 05 2012, 17:42

Wooster wrote:

I said

Me too!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Feb 06 2012, 11:03

i seam to remember on a welshpool week end some 1 lost there keys on a ride out stop near a lake had the lot of us looking for his keys until he tried on his glove only to find them stuffed in there lol & that was not me for a change
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Feb 06 2012, 12:32

I've hunted for my keys the day after a ride (funny I didn't miss them till then), when I took the bike cover off there they were in the ignition. They have their own little peg in the kitchen now so that they are easily missed.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down