Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi to everyone & help

+9
SteveCat
frazmcfraggle
Rosco
ellie
weasley
0ldcat
Big sy
yamahamad
Snowcat
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi to everyone & help - Page 2 Empty Hi to everyone & help

Post  Snowcat Wed Sep 28 2011, 11:22

First topic message reminder :

New to the forum and just wanted to say hi to everyone. Quite new to biking also, (CBT August), currently have 125cc while doing DAS.

After much deliberation and opinion from just about everyone I've decided that after passing DAS (1st time fingers crossed) going to take the plunge and buy a CAT. Friends/instructors/dealers all agree this is probably one of the best 1st "big" bikes. Whilst it will be subject to riding a few I think it is the way to go.

My question now is how much should I be paying for one. I've seen them from bargain to rip off and everywhere in between and I'm tring to get a feel for what I should be paying. Shop near me has a mint one for £1995, (98 model) 25000 miles yet I've seen them advertised for less. I intend to go dealer as I'll be looking to trade my current bike. Does £2k for a 13 yr old sound about right or is it top heavy, as I said it is in showroom condition.

Your thoughts please.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Hi to everyone & help - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi to everyone & help

Post  Panzerbuilder Thu Nov 03 2011, 20:39

Well done. It does it every time for me. Very Happy

Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanabanana Sat Nov 05 2011, 23:32

Congrats Very Happy
How's it going so far?
Nanabanana
Nanabanana
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Nurse
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Nov 06 2011, 00:04

Oh Nanabanana like you wouldn't believe, I feel like I've wasted 20 yrs of my life, went out just for a couple of hours today and had a blast, my friend, a twenty yr old veteran are going out tomorrow on the the cat and his Duc 916 for a proper ride and I can't wait.

It's all new and I know I can't ride this bike to save my life but I am going to have big fun learning.

My instructors have already told me to go and get some miles under my belt then go back and they'll teach me to ride MY bike.

Its an offer I can't refuse but for tomorrow it's time to have fun.

Thanks and how are things with you ?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanabanana Sun Nov 06 2011, 00:24

Things are great, it helps having a best friend who has been riding for longer than u and takes u out whenever... Smile and he comments on things I could improve on. But definately getting better, experience is the way to get confidence and become a better rider.
Glad ur enjoying it Very Happy
Nanabanana
Nanabanana
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Nov 06 2011, 19:57

Quick update Nana went out with my friend today (though he came out on the Triumph as he felt it was fast enough to keep with me!!) Very Happy 140 mile round trip to Devil's Bridge, a popular biker haunt in north Lancashire, did some motorway but main A & B roads. Had the absolute time of my life, I just followed my mates lines, overtook when he did (and of course when it was safe) and didn't really pay any attention to speed etc as he was actually diong the work for me.

Until we arrived and he inspected my tyres to show some nice wear on the edge, think I may have got it on with a few bends, he was really pleased with the way I rode and despite the fact that I'm no speed freak (quite the opposite dare I say) he said apart from some initial apprehension on overtaking my lines, cornering and handling were pretty good for a complete nube.

He even treated me to a token overtake on the motorway leg of our ride home (then blasted past me to rub it in)!!.

Again the same as you good to have someone you know you can trust to help you out and do this for you. A few pints on me tonight me thinks!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanabanana Mon Nov 07 2011, 09:37

Sounds good Smile
I find going out with friends always helps, I pretty much always go out with Dave, he always wants the excuse to ride his 'cat. We have been to devils bridge before, last time we were in that direction i recall....
but there were hardly any bikes there :(
Taking a while to get used to a bigger bike as I am only a girl and i swear that bike is heavier than me! but definately getting there....
Have fun and be safe
Nanabanana
Nanabanana
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: