Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre?

+11
reciprocity
0ldcat
HEHORE
bobh
billyw
joshhatton
Big sy
Dogbad
frazmcfraggle
Wooster
robertcains
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre? - Page 2 Empty Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre?

Post  robertcains Wed Sep 21 2011, 22:17

First topic message reminder :

If I remember correctly I think this is the 'cat front size, its obviously a typo but apparently the orders are being processed & taking payment online.
Got to be worth a shot imo ponder

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre?

Post  kenndo1 Thu May 10 2012, 16:11

Sorry to reopen a dead thread but I also ordered one of these a few months back when they were still up for grabs for 20 quid.

My back tyre is pretty worn down now so need to replace it asap.

I am not that knowledgable when it comes to tyres but people have previously told me its best to stick to two of the same tyres.

Based on that would you guys recommend get the rear dunlop d208 sportmax too? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also does anybody know where i could get hold of a rear one that fits a cat, tried google but havent had all that much luck.

kenndo1
7Bronze
7Bronze

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want a very cheap New Dunlop front tyre?

Post  Rosco Thu May 10 2012, 17:42

Not sure if this is marketing bs or not.
I recently rode the Dirt Bike Rosco hybrid bike - Dave's bike with my rear axle and wheel.
That was a Maxxis front and an Avon rear.
I can't say I noticed a huge difference and I did throw it about a bit on Wee Mac in rain and sun and managed to stay rubber side down in sleet, hail and snow.

They are what stops you crashing into things though. Shocked just thought I would share my experience.

I've got one of them cheap dunlops in my garage too waiting to be used.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu May 10 2012, 19:23

I need new tryes for BC and I would have given them a go had they still been £20!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu May 10 2012, 21:18

If mixing tyres is going to be an issue, and the one that's already worn out has given poor performance, then I'd be upgrading in the expectation that the other is going to get binned shortly...or jumping the gun and upgrading both.

I've had some shockingly bad tyres over the years based on bullshit recommendations (Battleax's on the rear with something soft on the front was de rigeur a while back...it was a shit combination)

Decent set of mid rangers or premiums is what I'd go for (you only have two of them sticking you on the road)
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Fri May 11 2012, 12:16

Waiting to be used Rosco? don't you mean ABUSED
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Fri May 11 2012, 16:24

QFT... green smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2