Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

long'ish topic?????????

Go down

long'ish topic????????? Empty long'ish topic?????????

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 20:05

I finally got to used my cat for the 1st time today.
did 47 miles, the 1st 20 miles was OK but the remaining ....
she coughs and splutters a few times on the way home and a couple of times she back fired!!
wouldn't start up on a warm engine with out a choke on ..
that's a clear sign of a weak mixture.
the steering is slightly out of line .no sign of damage etc.
probably just twisted forks. that can be remedied but undoing the top and bottom yoke.the previous owner dropped the fork a bit, probably for a quicker steering ,only by about 5 or 8 mm from the ring mark.
I do not like that race can way to noisy for me. it sound like I was racing in every gear and sounded like I was going like a clappers at 30mph.
anyway fitted a new one on today.
did more cosmetic work today she coming along nicely.
just have to get use to the riding position ...been sitting more or less upright for the last 8 or nine years.sold the cat to buy a new Fazer(the last of the carb models)then sold that for my current new bike ER6F, bought it new in 09 and only done 3,000 miles, granted the 1st I wasn't to well (cancer) all OK .still have to go for a yearly check.getting back to the ER I cannot ride more than 150/200 without getting a numb bumby the time I get home. the last time I did 212 miles and I could've cried with the pain.
it certainly put me off riding for a month or two.
I've had the seat redone still no better the only other alternative is to try and put lower bars??
this the reason why I bought the cat to see if its the riding position etc.
on my last cat I used to get pins and needles in my shoulder but not all the time. I had that cat for 4.5 years and I paid £4500 for it and sold it in part ex for £3000 against the Fazer 600.
so we'll see how things go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum