Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie - Page 2 Empty Re: Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 11 2009, 23:06

First topic message reminder :

Nice Wheels.

Tell us now Ellie ...... were you going for the BRUM look?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's the other bike you've not us about........looks like a fast one to me 👅

New colour scheme is going to be ........ ?????

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie - Page 2 Empty Re: Nice Wheels in the Oooh Nice Bike Section Ellie

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17 2009, 22:23

Ah - must say i'd thought it was June - least he wasn't right! BTW - i asked a couple of people and they seemed to think your quote a bit on the heavy side if you were expected to strip the bike yourself. FYI you may want to check out this chap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he's the one at Gosberton - went over there with the guzzi wheels the other day as neil had heard about him from another forum. I did mention that i knew someone that was looking to have their cat resprayed and that you'd had a couple of quotes. He also seemed a bit surprised about the price. Said if you were passing to call in if you wanted. Also said that when he did them he generally included the whole lot in the quote and in addition he would have the bike hooked up to an optimate and all manner of other stuff (at which point i'm afraid i switched off - sorry! lol) but if you knew what you wanted he could give you a quote or if you didn't he'd be happy to discuss things or call in on the bike and they'd put the kettle on. I'm going to get my wheels done at some there.
He says he only does one thing at once so when he books his jobs in he works on one thing at once. Seems a nice bloke - let you know when the wheels come back!

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Feb 17 2009, 22:35

Thankyou, I'm not sure why I havent heard of him before...Let me know bout your wheels and I'll ride over and get a quote.....Been to Matlock today on the bike.....Its a great ride over there.
Nipped into Sneck Speed today, and they told me of a chap at Woodhall thats supposed to be good too....Spoilt for choice!!!!

Watch this space......!!! :whoop:
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Feb 17 2009, 22:49

As a paint sprayer myself I'm gonna have to say that any quote will be in proportion to the amount of labour involved in preparation & each & every job will work out different with that in mind.
Also paint materials need to be taken into consideration as you will definately be wanting a 2 pack base & laquer finish & cheap materials should be avoided like the plague.

In my humble opinion you usually get a job to match a price so dont fall for the cheapest quote.

Talking of wheels I sprayed mine up last year & fancied something a bit different without going OTT

The basecoat used here looks fairly standard in normal lighting

When the sunlight reflects the zirallic in the paint they come to life

A mates Suzuki wheels I did
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Feb 17 2009, 23:06

I likey your wheels!!!
My Daughters car has 5 times flake in her paintwork so 'glistens' at night..
Thanks for the tips.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2