Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social networking.

4 posters

Go down

Social networking. Empty Social networking.

Post  andyb Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:08

Does anyone use the famous social network sites that are facebook and twitter?

I have been on facebook for about 3/4 yrs now and find it a handy tool to keep hold of my friends all around the country/world Smile

However this twitter thing i found a bit wierd to start with ponder i set up a twitter account to see what all the fuss was about and it took me a while to get used to it be fair, you don't have friend as such you have followers and people that you follow Neutral (read that as stalking in my opinion :lol3: )

However, i've been on twitter a week and because i'm sport mad i've decided to stalk oops follow lots of footballers and lots of riders from the BSB, WSB and Moto GP Very Happy

I find it quite entertaining and also informative to follow the people i watch on the TV plus it gives me something to do at work whilst i'm bored too Laughing
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Social networking. Empty Re: Social networking.

Post  SteveCat Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:31

I'm on bookface and like you find it very useful - been good to see some biking buddies from 30 odd years back still riding Very Happy .

Likewise I have created a twit account just to find out what the fuss is about - not done a thing with it but have a few followers I don't know, enough to put me off. Tried joining something that was of interest, but what a lot of 'noise'. Safe to say I haven't got the hang of it, nor worked out its use - but then I'm an old 'art.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Feb 23 2011, 16:25

Me too - I use Farcebook, I like FB coz I get to keep up with my Daughter who's useless at texting her mother, and I can keep in touch with other family members now Im 70 miles away.

I have a twitter account too but not quite sure how it works ponder
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Wed Feb 23 2011, 16:52

I use facebook too to keep in touch with my boys at Uni (read spy). Most of the time it appears that they are at or having parties and having a much, much wilder and better time than I ever did when it was my turn!
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down