Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hid away for winter?!

+6
Panzerbuilder
SteveCat
Rosco
andyb
yamahamad
JDM
10 posters

Go down

Hid away for winter?! Empty Hid away for winter?!

Post  JDM Wed Nov 03 2010, 21:02

Well, after first 12 months on the Cat insurance has now finished, and its all games getting actual quote for this year so with the moving and winter i've decided to leave it now until the new year! No 'man up' comments please it's not that i wouldnt ride in bad conditions just thought would leave as all sorts going on and probably won't get to enjoy her much for wee while.

Thinkin if we get some nice dry days i'll strip the plastics off and give her good clean, change the oil and generally give her a wee pamper to make up for pending period of ignoring her, sadly no garage so she will have cold, lonely few months
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Hid away for winter?! Empty Re: Hid away for winter?!

Post  yamahamad Thu Nov 04 2010, 12:44

Mine is still in a rideable state at the moment until the roads are salted then it is strip down time. Have you got a good water/snow proof cover for her?
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Thu Nov 04 2010, 17:08

Mine is in the garage, and has been for a couple of weeks now Crying or Very sad

I'm still considering a total random respray, but I'll get Xmas outta the way first great
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Thu Nov 04 2010, 17:50

Would say winter sucks, but summers aren't normally much better!! Not the greatest cover, got me old wee picnic blanket over her (fluffy side down, plastic side up, then a silver cover that got from Halfrauds last year, lets in little moisture but generally not bad, did i read somewhere its worth stickin cloth in end of the exhaust??

Hopefully should be ok, i'll un-cover her every now and then for wee stroke and pamper
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Nov 04 2010, 18:50

JDM wrote:Hopefully should be ok, i'll un-cover her every now and then for wee stroke and pamper

Do you mean her or him?
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Nov 04 2010, 19:35

I don't think there's anything wrong with 'pausing' for winter. You've got a new battery, would put the Optimate on from time to time especially when the temp drops.

The past few winters I've ridden throughout, mainly because I lived in a 13 person house share and spending my weekends in my tiny purple box (room) would have driven me insane. The upside was the bike was parked close to a power point so the Optimate was hooked up and also I had access to a hose pipe. I don't have either 'luxury' in my flat.
It broke my heart to see the bike deteriorate last winter, so am going to have to be more creative with salt/crud reduction this year.

If you get 'withdrawal symptoms' and yours is clean and happy, you could always pop down and pamper mine Shocked or are you strictly a one bike bloke ? Very Happy
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Thu Nov 04 2010, 21:19

What you tryin to say Rosco?? Haha, definately the bike!!! SHE!! Laughing

And sadly i'm a 1 bike man Steve, mainly because it's bloody hard work as is, i'm not good enough to do 2, and if you read this Rosco - still talkin bikes!! Of the 2 wheeled variety just incase!! Haha
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Sat Nov 06 2010, 21:56

Well I was hoping to get out on Yoda today but Simon's (my lad) cancelled train from Edinburgh cancelled that idea, bummer. wall

So it was just a quick tootle up and down the ten foot after he started FIRST time after not been run in over two weeks. Result. clink

I've cleared away the clematis from over the proper parking spot so next on the agenda is a good clean, polish and protective spray before he's bagged up.

Hopefully I'll manage some ride out, even to work, before Christmas. Fingers crossed. santa

Otherwise its just a quick debag and fire up for the next couple of months. Unless anyone else has some better proposals. scratch
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Sat Nov 06 2010, 22:09

It's seriously gettin to me now, don't think last year was to bad as just passed test month or so so hadn't really got teeth in so winter months passed ok, but this time round it is not good, keep looking every morning thinking just insure it again and get out, god only knows what state i'll be in by time weather brighten up, but sure it wil make me appreciate her more!!!!
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Nov 07 2010, 19:21

JDM wrote: but sure it wil make me appreciate her more!!!!

There's an old saying 'Absence makes the heart go Honda', never really taken to that for some reason Very Happy
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Sat Nov 20 2010, 16:06

That's it now, mine wont see light of day until March.

JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 07:38

Mine is now at the garage - the plod insurers came out to assess it the other day having received my claim which was just under £1000 - for 3 bits of plastic Shocked (and the ventura rack and bracket which amount to £150 of it) - tbh didn't think they'd agree but the man from BM assessors said yes so she's having a wee break having her rear end looked at. Still not decided if i'm keeping it tho.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu Nov 25 2010, 18:37

And mine are now tucked up warm in the garage, on trickle charge on the optimate.... and won't be coming out to play again until it's time for MOT's in Jan and March next year..... plus Lucifer (the Ace) is getting some additional pampering and getting a full akra system fitted mwhahhah.... roll on next year!!! Twisted Evil

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Nov 26 2010, 06:57

Ours are tucked up under blankets in the garage and will probably not be out 'till we recce BC III in the spring.

freezing round here at the moment and I still pass a red/white/black 'Cat on my way to work every morning, he's just gradually appeared in more and more layers LOL
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sat Nov 27 2010, 00:37

Both my bikes are ready to roll and kept legal, but I doubt i will ride very much between now and the spring tbh
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 01:33

I used mine as recently as Wednesday , just waiting for the snow and Ice to pass and I'll be out at any opportunity -but I am lucky to have a garage to keep them in when I'm not out and about Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down