Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surf & Turf Sign-in & Tales

+4
MevsyD
yamahamad
JAM
Rosco
8 posters

Go down

Surf & Turf Sign-in & Tales Empty Surf & Turf Sign-in & Tales

Post  Rosco Sun Sep 26 2010, 09:24

Not signing in at home just yet.
The full English has just squared us up for the day.

Great rideout yesterday. Thanks for organising and keeping us right terry, chris.
Martin managed to be tail end Charlie without anyone falling off.
Weather was perfect, roads were fairly quiet, scenery was stunning.
Took in some of the passes. Hardknot being one of them. A first for some Shocked and a first for others in the dry. Steepest road in England 1:3 at parts I believe.

Great food last night at the Indian and I managed to stay awake till the 2nd pub. Changing to girls drinks soon gave me a 2nd wind.

Whipped Martin at pool and then got groped by the barmaid. Martin got his own back later though and groped me too.

Got back to the digs/pub to find out they were having a lockin. No-one was around and the key we had didn't fit any of the doors.

Fortunately we had some 'cat' burglars amongst us and managed to get access. Incriminating evidence to follow.

Great weekend.

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Surf & Turf Sign-in & Tales Empty Re: Surf & Turf Sign-in & Tales

Post  JAM Sun Sep 26 2010, 12:24

Got home about 19:00 yesterday, I was knackered...and cold.

Anyway great day, really enjoyed it, first ride out with the guys for three years so it really good to see Chris and Ross again and meet all the other guys for the first time.

A few stand out bits, the road from Hawes to Ribblehead to Settle. A personal favourite of mine and one I do fairly regularly.

Ross doing his policeman impression by standing in a hedge, wearing a flourescent jacket whilst holding a camera. ..... Fooled me and several other motorists.

Not sure how often, or if, I'll get out again this year but already looking forward to a few runs next year.

Yes, the reason my bike is in such good nick, is because I don't use it enough!

Cheers
JAM
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Sep 26 2010, 13:27

Just got back home safe & sound, total distance 414 miles i have not done anywhere near that for years & my old tired body is reminding me, maybe climbing 2 floors up a drain pipe to get into the hotel also adds to this Very Happy pictures to follow i am sure. Great day & evening yesterday & very well organised, well done & thank you. Martin & i had a nice run to devils bridge this morning & made excellent progress on the way back. Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Sep 26 2010, 13:53

Back safe and sound after a detour as the A59 was closed.. Just what I needed with last nights curry and a full english gurgling away...

Big thanks the the Leyburn lads Tes and Chris for all the plans. It was a fantastic rideout, amazing scenery and the hardpass not hilly thing was terrifying at the time but such a thrill!

Oh so many tales to tell out of this one! The hotel break in had quality stamped all over it, how the hell me and Stevecat climbed through the tiniest of windows i'll never know..

Got beaten by Ross at pool only just, but in fairness he had just had a 20 min snooze so was fresher than me.!

Finished off the weekend with a great little blat to devils bridge and then a decent run back with Paul.. See comments above to understand why I picked up the pace mate!

Great to see new faces and old (some really old but I'll leave that there!) and look forward to doing them all again next year.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Sep 26 2010, 14:01

The pace was excellent martin i was almost wanting to go faster, why is it one day i cannot seem to ride fast confidently then the next day is totally different? I guess partly to do with knowing the roads well.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Sep 26 2010, 16:37

Got in just before 4. The rain cloud meet and greet was around Leicester and made sure I was kept cold and rained upon most of the way, till about 80 miles from home where the heavy guns took over. I'm pleased I gave extra lashing of waterproofing to boots and gloves before leaving.

Thanks to Tes and Chris for a super weekend. Good doing Hardknott in the dry, I know there was more scenery to take in, but I could only manage the briefest of glimpses. The previously sore part of the back feels fine, it's the rest now that is sore :o

Good to meet up with everyone, some for the first time. Thank you all for making it fantastic weekend.

When I mentioned gymnastics, I only meant the hoops and juggling at work as well as the many (hurdles), frustrating calls to the hotel. I did not imagine that we would all have to do some gymnastics to get into 'Faulty Towers'. I am sure there will be a compromising and totally unflattering pic of me for posterior -ity.

Ride home was uneventful, only fun was just before leaving Tes, Chris & Chris. Some gravel on a bend, I am sure everyone avoided it except me - thank goodness no one coming the other way. It took a while for my brain to warm up this morning.

Getting my pics organised, will publish on Flickr and let you know here.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Sep 26 2010, 17:23

Just finished my Volvo trackday experience.

One of the first people to speak to me after I arrived was a guy who asked if that was a thundercat I rode in on.

He then told me he had one.

Funnily enough my next question was 'Are on on the website?'

Big hello to Sooty007. Mike - Great event you organised.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was nice to be chased by a police car. And then be the chaser too.
The naughty time trial gave me a big smile too.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Sun Sep 26 2010, 18:37

Got back around 5 yesterday afternoon, would have loved to stay on for another night in Leyburn but had to get down to Manchester to see Sean Lock, followed up with a Rusholme Curry.

Thanks Tes and Chris for organising a fantastic day out, forgotten how good that coast road is Cool

Great to see the usual faces and some new Peters/Pauls.

Roll on Mallory Very Happy
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Sep 26 2010, 18:42

Funny that.. Mine was a rush home curry too! Shocked
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Sep 26 2010, 22:12

Hi All,

Got back safely around 1pm today. No incidents en-route and very little rain thank goodness.

Thanks to Terry and Chris for arranging the weekend and for a long and demanding but very rewarding ride-out on Saturday. Re-connected with the bike again and had a ball on some great roads. I need to go back and do them again sometime. Great to see JAM again. Hope you'll be out with us next year. Also good to see new faces. Paul, I hope the 'antics' will persuade you to join in again.

Thanks too to everyone who joined us for the weekend, the day or even just the meet and greet on Sat morning. Certainly the social on the Sat night was a great success. Superb curry, too many drinks and then the Krypton Factor to get back into the hotel.

No Martin I don't know how you got through that window either, but I was glad I was pulling and not pushing from behind! affraid

Thanks to Terry and Chris for guiding me part way back on Sunday morning. Sorry to hear about your gravel encounter Steve. I held back to wave you off onto the A1, but Terry had the lead and I needed to stay in visual at least Embarassed

Weather was the icing on the cake and it was a memorable end, for me, to the season. Some rumours of what next year may hold were muttered during the weekend. I hope next year will be as good as this one has been.

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Sep 30 2010, 07:59

Sorry it's a bit belated, work has been hectic this week.

Big thanks to everybody that made it, what a fantastic weekend. Really glad you all enjoyed it.

As usual, tales of the night out will keep me giggling to myself for weeks. Fancy having to break into your hotel! pmsl
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)

Back to top Go down