Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

home safe

+9
Radar
Catapulted
greencat
Rosco
OHLINS
bignige
MevsyD
0ldcat
kwakkat
13 posters

Go down

home    safe  Empty home safe

Post  kwakkat Sat Sep 04 2010, 19:35

arriv home safe & sound thanks for a great day out & the weather have fun tonight guys & gal,s
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

home    safe  Empty Re: home safe

Post  0ldcat Sun Sep 05 2010, 12:37

Home Safe & Sound too Smile

Big thanks to GreenCat (Chris) for a very well planned and executed weekends meeting.

Accommodation spot on, the weather was ideal, the route exellent (even with the speed run diversion Shocked ) along with the scenery and some stunning views . . . even the traffic played in our favour.

Of course it all goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, the company was as always exellent too. Good to meet up with you all again, regulars and new comers alike.

Hope you all got home safe sound and dry too.

Untill the next one
Stay safe & well.

Cheers
Tel

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Sep 05 2010, 13:46

Just got back home safe, dry and with a bagfull of memories from a fantastic weekend. Massive thanks to Greencat Chris for all the hard work planning this event. It was one of the best days riding I have ever had, next years ToL will have a lot to live up to!

I echo Tel in the fact that the company was great, a real decent bunch of people on this one again and it's a pleasure to ride with you all. The craic was as good as the rides.

As ever there is a few stories from the weekend! You know who you are! I'm thinking that a few will come out in the fullness of time....

Hope everyone gets home safe, I know Ross, Gary and John have massive miles to do so enjoy and hope to see you on the surf and turf.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Sun Sep 05 2010, 14:22

Bignige & Jill signing In.

Thanks as always to you all for the excellent company clink Nice to see Mecky back on two wheels again & he did & sterling job at the back.
I note no one fell off after he took over naughty
Chris excelled once again with a great route & planning & finding a great venue. great Well done mate, these things dont just happen they take much time & effort.

Take care all, here's to the next one pinkelly

Home safe & sound.

Although Jill made it home in the car 2 hours before me. wall
This was due to a blat to fetch new rear pads from Peterborough (now fitted). Very Happy
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 15:36

Gary and I are home safe - well actually , Gary has to swap my Cat for his Aprillia and has another 60miles to complete (this doesn't allow for any ditches that he may decide to visit !
Can I just say what a fantastic weekend it was , we both thoroughly enjoyes ourselves - and a BIG thanks you to Chris for all the effort put into planning it pmsl It was great to finally put faces to names. We will deffo be coming to more Very Happy By the way I will be putting the photos on my face book so feel free to get intouch John Calutas (I'm the only one on facebook funnily enough with that name)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  OHLINS Sun Sep 05 2010, 17:36

I'm home too... managed to squeeze another 300 miler out of rexy's tank great Promise I'll be on two wheels next time... Thanks for letting me come down and for cheering me up, yer a fab bunch and I fair enjoyed myself!

Lins clink
OHLINS
OHLINS
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 78
Hobbies : Web Designer/Artist/Product Designer... bikes/racing tart/RX8s
Humour : Gutter level
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Sep 05 2010, 21:17

The kilty cold bum is home.

FANTASTIC weekend yet again.
Epic, eventful, enjoyable, energetic, elongated (thanks Rob & Linz) and very entertaining...........my face still hurts from laughing.

I'll get some photos of this and Big Mac Embarassed posted up very soon.

Chris - Fantastic organisation, rideout, venue. Everything went very smoothly after Martin was relieved of back marking duty. He doesn't need to go the gym for a week. Heave!
Mechy - Sterling job at back marking too. I too remember the chase down the motorway after Rob & Linz. Hand signals at speed don't work very well. You're caped crusader impression was fab!

Everyone else and the those already mentioned - Thoroughly enjoyed your company. Great laughs in the pub.

And now for this years eventful 'wildlife' story of my return leg from ToL......Unfortunately the animals involved just keep getting bigger.

I'm glad I took my bunny home as I'm claiming the wildlife award for ToL (on the homeward journey anyway).

Check this on google maps HERE

I'm heading towards where this google picture was taken. Come round a right hander, over the crest of the hill.
See lots of cows in the field to my left behind a wall. And then one on the grass verge munching away.
Continued past it and then pulled over. Two cars who were travelling behind me just continued. censored

I turned round and stop and since no-one else is about I phone 999 and give the details.

When some cars eventually appear I wave to slow them down.
Some plonkers just carry on by but eventually someone with a bit of social responsibilty stop and finds the gate. (I would have seen it on my way past the first time had I not been distracted by the moo.
She shouted to me to chase it towards her. Since I've experience in chasing cows I managed to do that and it was safefully returned to the field.

Oh what could have been!!!!!! Shocked

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Sep 05 2010, 21:23

So that's two damsels in distress you've saved this weekend!

Will this one be signing up on the site? pmsl
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:01

Good to hear folk are back safe and sound. Thanks to all who made the weekend, to those who wished us well and to the venue for making us especially welcome and feeding and watering us so well. The weather sunny was stunning (a glass was raised to The Sun Queen) and the group was well matched to the route - which was a relief! It was a bit more ambitious than previous years, but it seemed to work well. Thanks for the appreciative comments, trusting the organiser and the craic in the bar afterwards - another memorable, memorable weekend.

The owner was having a minor mental breakdown resolving the bill on Sunday morning, but I'm pleased to report all dues were paid. Thanks for that. It meant I could have a worry free, short, spirited ride home on the same route we took on the Saturday morning. Looked for the ruts in the ditch but couldn't figure out where all the fun happened. The only way to upstage the start of ToL 7 will be if someone rides straight out of the venue across the road and into the ditch. Embarassed It could yet happen!

I'll post up my few pics soon.

To those who couldn't make it this year I hope you'll consider ToL 8. It would be great to have you along.
Watch this site for details.

Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:11

Back safe and sound too after a somewhat uneventful but pleasant ride home.

Really enjoyed the whole weekend with a good bunch of people and an interesting range of bikes. You did well once again Chris, looking forward to TOL 8 already. That venue was a nice find, the route was good and the weather was kind as usual.

I was particularly impressed by the printed route information available this year. The scale and quality was much better than previous efforts. However, perhaps if consideration could be given to spiral binding the material within hardback covers for next year, both durability and stowability could be improved.
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Sep 05 2010, 23:27

Sory I missed a good weekend and glad you all had a good time. Hope to see some of you on BC3!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Sep 05 2010, 23:47

Radar wrote: Hope to see some of you on BC3!
You should . . . Your organising/running it . . . . remember . . . you volunteered Shocked
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 06 2010, 00:39

Catapulted wrote:I was particularly impressed by the printed route information available this year. The scale and quality was much better than previous efforts. However, perhaps if consideration could be given to spiral binding the material within hardback covers for next year, both durability and stowability could be improved.

Oh boy.....you are living dangerously there Mark. You've already had your bike shrink wrapped because of your laminating comment.
I wonder what is going to happen to you / your bike next ponder

I'll have my camera ready for sure. haloangel

Please post more often........I could watch your bouncing boobies all day! shit happens

Cheers
Rosco

ps. I forgot to say earlier that less than 2 corners after leaving the digs my oil light came on and stayed on for a minute or two. We were bimbling through town at the time. When I stopped the light went out. We (MevsyD and I) checked and could only see oil in the little oil window if we tipped the bike over quite a bit.
Hopefully that was your 3rd and last ever back-marking issue you need do deal with Martin.

A bit of exercise with some energetic ladies (pictures to follow) and one full bottle of oil (engine not baby oil Cool ) later and I was back on the road.

I think my bike does go through a little bit of oil now and from time to time the oil light will come on if accelerating quite hard up a hill.

On this occassion I believe it is the fact that my oil filler cap is a little bit broken and the seal doesn't quite seal properly.

Another thing to add to my shopping list. Rolling Eyes
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 08:05

[quote="Rosco"]
Catapulted wrote:

Please post more often........I could watch your bouncing boobies all day! shit happens

Hmm we had a language post should there be one for avatars too - if Martin had a pair like that he'd never be out the house pmsl

Thought i'd already posted but i must've missed the 'someone has posted do you still want to add yours' box - i got home just after one yesterday having dropped Fi at Barneys and stayed for a coffee and a chat. I must be improving i did the airport back to my house in 50 mins and the Caistor high street in 20 (see Gary i DO ride faster on my own!).

Had a jolly good weekend and whilst my confidence wasn't enough to stretch to the 270 odd miles you all did (but as i said to Mark - when he's the tail end charlie i have to try to p!ss off i will do the whole ride!) we did a respectable 170plus on saturday AND got an ice cream AND managed to miss any ditches green smile

Thanks Chris for organising it thought the accommodation was fab - thanks fi for the banana loaf (never did find a section on gluttony in the Gideon's bible) and for rescuing me from that hoooooooooooge spider above my bed and thanks Martin for the chocklit - we love you, roll on the 16th green smile

Oh and Fi got home too!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Mon Sep 06 2010, 08:44

nice one Chris. good to see everyone.
cheers,
Steve...............
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Sep 06 2010, 21:00

0ldcat wrote:
You should . . . Your organising/running it . . . . remember . . . you volunteered Shocked

All in hand!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Sep 06 2010, 22:06

Radar wrote:
0ldcat wrote:

All in hand!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Sep 07 2010, 20:25

so where,s the camp site
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Bravepill6 Thu Sep 09 2010, 23:40

Ross was telling me the stories from his weekend south of the border.

The Ditches of Lincolnshire would be a more apt name.
Bravepill6
Bravepill6
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50
Hobbies : Alloy Wheel Technician
Humour : The more the merrier

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sun Sep 12 2010, 14:21

"Taste the Ditches of Lincolnshire" more like.

It was all a good weekend.

You would of liked it Bravepill.

Ross behaved!

Rob. Very Happy
[u]
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes