Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac 2010 - sign in

+7
Panzerbuilder
furball
Rosco
Wild-Kat-Wolf
MevsyD
Dirt Bike Dave
greencat
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Mac 2010 - sign in - Page 2 Empty Big Mac 2010 - sign in

Post  greencat Mon Aug 23 2010, 10:57

First topic message reminder :

Back home safe and sound at around 9pm on Sunday night. Had a great run down. The weather was fantastic and amazingly the roads were virtually empty.

Had a small wildlife related incident on the way. The UK's population of pigeons is down by one when it found out it couldn't out fly a Ninja! Fortunately it hit my shoulder and not the bike or my visor. Why don't they just fly up! Am expecting to be a little bruised. That will balance out the bruising on the left shoulder from some heavy weight Scottish insect that also failed the Ninja test this weekend

I think it was about 1050miles in total! I've yet to make the final checks, but the bike performed flawlessly. Although a longer tank range would be better - God bless the Thundercat.

A huge thank you to Rosco and DBD for arranging and leading/tail ending the group. Another brilliant Scottish rideout and superb social. As was said to me 'it's been worth every minute'. Thanks to all who arranged/cooked/cleaned up the breakfasts, prepared food/drink extras and generally help make the weekend work.

Great to meet up with everyone. Pencilling in BM 2011 already.

Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2010 - sign in - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Mac 2010 - sign in

Post  SteveCat Mon Sep 06 2010, 19:13

Thank you all very much, don't think I really appreciate what I have done, a short while back did Norfolk and then Devon and Cornwall - so pretty much covered the lot in a few months, top to bottom and across possibly the widest bit.

furball wrote:
How's the cat? sounding any better?

I'm not actually sure, been on it everyday kinda got used to the noise. There is definitely more noise now than when I left (according to Pam and what I can hear on the video). You'd never have guessed anything had happened to it, went purrfectly the rest of the trip.

Rosco wrote:
I guess both are due some TLC and a full service.......I'm sure Pam knows a good mechanic who can sort you out

Service was booked en route home, appears quite a bit of work was required Embarassed will most likely book the bike in later in the week Very Happy doubt I'll be smiling when it does go in, dreading what may have happened to that plug

SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 5108
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2010 - sign in - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Mac 2010 - sign in

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 06 2010, 19:18

Fantastic Steve.....welcome back!
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2