Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tee Shirts

+8
Rosco
Wild-Kat-Wolf
tcat_unlucky_alf
weasley
redrob600
0ldcat
kwakkat
Admin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do You Want a Club Tee-Shirt as per the link

Tee Shirts Vote_lcap138%Tee Shirts Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 10 ]
Tee Shirts Vote_lcap115%Tee Shirts Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Tee Shirts Vote_lcap135%Tee Shirts Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 9 ]
Tee Shirts Vote_lcap112%Tee Shirts Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

Tee Shirts Empty Tee Shirts

Post  Admin Thu Jan 15 2009, 20:17

Hi Folks,

The subject of having a club / site Tee-Shirt has reared it's head before.
So ever the one for punishment, I have seen these
(LINK) on the web.

I ordered one ('cos I liked the design) and when it tipped up, it's great. Excellent print quallity & colours and a good quallity material tee-shirt.
Plus coming from the USA I took the cheapest form of shipping costs ($10) which gives a 1 week to 4 week delivery time. Mine arrived in 10 days. As you'll have seen from the ad, T-Shirt cost $20 + shipping @ $10 mine cost me $30 (about £16), I think it is well worth it when you look around some of the stuff on sale here.

I have been in contact with the company to see if we could get a club discount and the web address added (no names or screen names - cost is prohibative). As the shirt is, no added site address we could get a discount code / reference No. set up you order (quote No. / Ref) pay ya dosh an tee comes to you.
If we go the added bits ie; www dot yamaha-thundercats dot org (propper site address) = More cost & a bulk order. Need 50 shirts for a 25% discount - 80 shirts 30% discount - 100 shirts 35% discount - to achieve 40% discount we'd need to order 250 shirts.

Now I know we'll not get anywhere near the 250 mark, but if yer interested I believe 50 is realistic / possible.

However, all this is pie in the sky unless you are interested in a club/group type t-shirt. Hence the poll which will run for a month to give reasonable time for people to see this thread.

The Question is easy Club t-shirt Yes or No. and Extra Cost of web address Yes or No.
Please dont just vote, but also give an opinion in the form of a reply post at the same time.

Thanks
Tel
Admin
Admin
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 60
Humour : Be Mad - It Helps
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Tee Shirts Empty Re: Tee Shirts

Post  kwakkat Thu Jan 15 2009, 20:45

yes i would buy 1 & depends on the final cost 1 with the site addy if its not much more
with the discount
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Jan 15 2009, 22:51

I already have one - no web address logo tho - . I made the error of ordering a medium (which is my UK size - HONEST), but when it arrived it was a tad tight but fits Bea perfik.
UK sizes are different to US ones I'm told. There is a helpfull size guide on the page of the t-shirt, if you're on the "I would buy" side, I suggest you use this sizing guide ..... oh yeah, it's in inches (are they smaller in America too confused scratch Shocked )
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Fri Jan 16 2009, 19:00

I would probably buy 2 - always worth getting a spare for when I shrink it, or iron the printing Wink
wouldn't pay extra for the web address

btw, the poll let me tick all 4 options - didn't try submitting it like that though. would it let me do you know?
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:09

cards wrote:yes i would buy 1 & depends on the final cost 1 with the site addy if its not much more
with the discount
pete

ditto moi!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:14

It looks OK but for me it doesn't represent the bike or the forum, it represents an 80s cartoon show. It's kind of fun that our (former) bikes share a name with a nostalgic TV series but the joke does wear a bit thin quite quickly (be honest, how many of you have faced the "Thunder....Thunder.....Thundercats...Hooooo!" jibe when you say what you ride (or rode)?).

Don't get me wrong, I think it's kind of retro cool for what it is but I've never been a fan of applying that identity to the bikes.

That said, if there's a groundswell of opinion that formally adopts that logo as the forum identifier then I'd go with it.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:19

Good point well made - anyone seen any with the thundercat logo? That would be better surely.

Like this one maybe? link
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:29

weasley wrote:That said, if there's a groundswell of opinion that formally adopts that logo as the forum identifier then I'd go with it.

Actually, it is on the top of the web page, including the text.
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  tcat_unlucky_alf Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:52

weasley wrote:It looks OK but for me it doesn't represent the bike or the forum, it represents an 80s cartoon show. It's kind of fun that our (former) bikes share a name with a nostalgic TV series but the joke does wear a bit thin quite quickly (be honest, how many of you have faced the "Thunder....Thunder.....Thundercats...Hooooo!" jibe when you say what you ride (or rode)?).

I get it all the time as I decided to go the whole hog and get the logo done as a tattoo! Embarassed I suppose its an emblem that lots of people know and therefore easy to identify with and does exactly what it says on the tin. Can easily understand the reluctance of others to not go for it though.

No idea what I was trying to say there, but hey ho! I think the t-shirt is ace, and would wear it as long as I knew that I would be the only one wearing it, I like to be unique!! Very Happy
tcat_unlucky_alf
tcat_unlucky_alf
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 128
Hobbies : Computer programmer SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Humour : Like a coat hook... off the wall!
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16 2009, 20:59

well you wouldn't be the only one wearing it but I can guarantee you'd probably be the only one of us with it emblazoned on your left t!t ya loon!!!!!!! PMSL Very Happy

Just another thought - a mate of mine is in an internet group and they got a group Buff (ooer missus!) done which i don't think was too expensive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tcat_unlucky_alf Fri Jan 16 2009, 21:02

Ezzy's Mum! wrote: a mate of mine is in an internet group and they got a group Buff (ooer missus!) done which i don't think was too expensive.

What the hell is a group Buff Shocked Shocked Do you have to ring an 0908 number for that???
tcat_unlucky_alf
tcat_unlucky_alf
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 128
Hobbies : Computer programmer SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Humour : Like a coat hook... off the wall!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16 2009, 21:08

You sick little man. OK I didn't word that quite right - i don't know how quite to word it but they got buffs for their club ... there .. does that make sense? But if you want to waste money on weird phone calls then i can do weird Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Jan 16 2009, 21:52

Is there an 'I want a Buff' poll? affraid On second thoughts.... maybe not then eh?lol! Alfie... I'm shocked.... how did you know that number?? whistle pipit
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jan 16 2009, 22:20

tcat_unlucky_alf wrote:

What the hell is a group Buff Shocked Shocked ???

Ezzy's Mum said

"i don't know how quite to word it but they got buffs for their club"

Yeah well what is it ....... Describe clown

Oh and btw ........ having started this topic ...... I like the second shirt suggested in the link What a Face affraid

Still gonna order one of the others though so the wifey aint alone.

And for all you's as gets da jibe .... you should choose yer company better Twisted Evil I never had that problem , and I was in an organisation that if it were gonna happen then there was surely the place :evil2:
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jan 16 2009, 22:59

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:well you wouldn't be the only one wearing it but I can guarantee you'd probably be the only one of us with it emblazoned on your left t!t ya loon!!!!!!! PMSL Very Happy

PMSL

Anyways - I'm up for a t-shirt with an address on it.
Actually make that 2 - I'll have one for my missus too.

Admin wrote:
The Question is easy Club t-shirt Yes or No. and Extra Cost of web address Yes or No.
Please dont just vote, but also give an opinion in the form of a reply post at the same time.

Don't think everyone grasped the voting as were 7 votes for the 1st question and 5 for the 2nd question when I last looked
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Jan 16 2009, 23:20

ok i'm confused now....anyway put me down for a buff one???? or is it yellowy cream???
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 17 2009, 12:52

[quote="0ldcat"]
tcat_unlucky_alf wrote:

Yeah well what is it ....... Describe clown

Oh and btw ........ having started this topic ...... I like the second shirt suggested in the link What a Face affraid

Still gonna order one of the others though so the wifey aint alone.

And for all you's as gets da jibe .... you should choose yer company better Twisted Evil I never had that problem , and I was in an organisation that if it were gonna happen then there was surely the place :evil2:

You know - one of them neck things!!!!!! They got them done with their group logo on or something and i'm not so sure they weren't the proper ones - mind you - when he showed me i did say WTF you want one of them for!!! But then he's not a cool group like ours lol.

Sorry Tel - i mucked up your poll - i couldn't get the hang of it and only ticked one box but in my defence i seem to remember someone saying they ticked all of them but didn't post and obviously Dave is confused too although whether thats the thought of a buff or the poll is hard to tell Very Happy

I'm now going to recast my vote but as i can't remember which section i did last time i'm going to have to do it again so i'll have had 3 votes! Sorry for mucking it up.

And i never get jibes about the series for the simple reason no one i work with is into bikes at all the first time i turned up at our box on my bike the boss told me he'd assumed i meant a pushbike and on no account was i to ring in sick with any 'bike related symptoms such as falling off!!!' and then when i left the 4 of them came out to see me off because they couldn't believe i'd manage to get on it! - so it's completely lost on them because they're also either too old or young for the series!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jan 19 2009, 15:40

Admin wrote:

Tee-Shirt as per the link : No
Club t-shirt : Yes
Extra Cost of web address : Yes

A group shirt sounds a good idea, the one in the link is not for me though. Something with thundercat and the site address would be great - umm, I'll take two please

Admin wrote:

Sorry has taken some time, I didn't think my first response was overly helpful, so binned it!

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sooty521 Mon Jan 19 2009, 16:54

I have voted yes to the shirt and address, but did not know how to add comment!!

Look forward to hearing the result
Sooty521
Sooty521
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Insurance Loss Adjuster (boring, but can be useful!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Jan 19 2009, 16:59

Sooty521 wrote:I have voted yes to the shirt and address, but did not know how to add comment!!

Look forward to hearing the result

Add a comment in the same way you would answer a thread m8 bt clicking on 'post reply'. No matter m8y Wink you can go back and do it now if you wish.

cheers Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sooty521 Mon Jan 19 2009, 19:24

Cheers Tel but I am a complete thicko and now cannot get the poll post to give a reply options, it is just showing the results to date now!!

No worries, I have voted yes anyway!
Sooty521
Sooty521
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Insurance Loss Adjuster (boring, but can be useful!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Jan 19 2009, 21:37

Yes mate you can only vote once.

The thread as a whole though can be treated just like any other. Click on new reply or post reply at the bottom right of either your or the last persons post (like you did here, and say yer piece.

Yeah flamin t/cat shirt no to extra 4 web address
or
yeah flamin t/cat shirt plus web address (extra cost)
or
yeah but to the red/black Yamaha thundercat t shirt (with web addy) or (without web addy)
or
Stuff yer shirts where the sun don't shine (which could be anywhere in the UK at the moment ----- where did you think I meant ? Wink affraid )

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Mon Jan 19 2009, 21:56

Ok vote cast and despite being a Yorkshireman I've voted YES to paying extra for the website and thundercat logo

can i also say farao (I can't think of when i'd use that emoticon otherwise)
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19 2009, 23:09

This is quite funny - i bet you're regretting starting this poll Tel - i can't remember whether i revoted or not!!!!

Suzie haloangel x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jan 20 2009, 00:55

It's kind of academic really ........ to get any kind of discount we'd need to get a minimum of 50 shirts (of the same type from the same company).

As we only have 8 votes in favour (even @ 6 shirts a piece)we would still come up short.

It's nothing new to the thundercaters, this tee-shirt thingy.

We have visited it at least once on each site we've occupied. Starts off well, design, price, company the works. However, then it all starts to go tits up. The "can we have different coloured shirts" and "how about polo shirts" or "instead of screen print how's about embroidered".
Once we even had "I can get the same thing from my aunty on my dads side who just so happens to run a tee-shirt business, for cheaper" ........... so cheap infact the company went into receivership before we could make the order.

You know, I do believe there are companies out there that will actually print and sell you a tee-shirt of your own design :sarc: .

Bea has hers, mine is on it's way. No web address on either of them of course, but then I know where the site is.

In the mean time if someone mentions tee-shirts to me I'll be doing a bit of this ... :gocat:

You would think by now I'd have learned my lesson. Hey Ho clown jocolor
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next