Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speedo problems

3 posters

Go down

Speedo problems Empty Speedo problems

Post  stephenbower42 Wed Aug 11 2010, 15:56

OK so My cat has now done about 17,000 miles and I'm loving every mile, done about 4,000 miles in 3 months.

But I'm encountering my first problems...

1: My speedo keeps randomly dropping down to 0mph then starts working again, sometime only for a couple of miles but for about 20 miles this morning and hasn't come back on yet. Took front wheel off and all the drive looks and works fine.and the wheel end of the cable all seems to be working fine.
What hould I try next? can the cable come out on the clocks? or is it fixed in there?confused

2: Neutral light not working and I know it is not the bulb as I changed them all for leds not long ago and it has been working fine since then but started flickering on and off before it would come on properly and now is not coming on at all. Broken neutral light switch??? now do I fix her?

Cheers
Steve B
stephenbower42
stephenbower42
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 18
Hobbies : Norton Motorcyles
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Speedo problems Empty Re: Speedo problems

Post  SteveCat Wed Aug 11 2010, 16:27

The cable could come loose on the clock end. Mine was doing that for a while, turned out it was the worm drive in the wheel. Most are made from nylon and do eventually wear, I now have a brass fitting in there and problem solved.
The cable OK?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Speedo problems Empty Re: Speedo problems

Post  Panzerbuilder Wed Aug 11 2010, 16:57

For the neutral light, you really need the haynes manual. Have you checked the fuse?
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down