Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yamahamad chain adjustment

2 posters

Go down

yamahamad chain adjustment Empty yamahamad chain adjustment

Post  londonchris Sun May 16 2010, 21:46

I saw your response with reference to chain adjustment and wondered how you went about it?
Have seen different methods, on side stand or not, weight on bike or not, measure slack from bottom of chain when pushed down to top of chain when pushed up, measure from same point on chain etc. etc.
chris
londonchris
londonchris
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

yamahamad chain adjustment Empty Re: yamahamad chain adjustment

Post  yamahamad Sun May 16 2010, 22:02

Hey chris i know everyone has there own little way of adjusting chain slack. This is mine nothing technical about it. Loosen axle nut with bike on side stand then put it on paddock stand then undo & remove chain adjusters to squirt a little wd40 inside the swingarm & adjuster threads. Put back the adjuater covers & nuts then set chain slack & nip the axle nut. Take off paddock stand & rechack the slack with weight on & off the bike Then torque the axle nut to 117newton metres. Sometimes have to do it two or three times until i am happy with it, with weight off the bike i think it is perfect if you can push the bottom of the chain up to touch the swingarm with a bit of effort. Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

yamahamad chain adjustment Empty Re: yamahamad chain adjustment

Post  londonchris Mon May 17 2010, 22:33

thanks Paul will check against your method as always check slack with the bike on side stand
will do at the weekend and be very interested in the comparison
chris
londonchris
londonchris
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down