Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viper rsv 121 bluetooth lid

4 posters

Go down

Viper rsv 121 bluetooth lid Empty Viper rsv 121 bluetooth lid

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Dec 27 2008, 17:39

I just ordered one of these as my ageing Arai has seen better days..
Quite fancy it as it has some good features for a very good price.
I dont expect it to be as comfy as my old arai, anyone on here got one???
i believe you can hook them up to other bluetooth helmets for rider to rider intercom as well as phone/sat nav.
I ordered it in matt black.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Viper rsv 121 bluetooth lid Empty Bluetooth Helmets

Post  SteveCat Sat Dec 27 2008, 18:58

Dave,

Sounds like a good lid, you may be suprised with the comfort, noise level etc. I have a pretty unknown make of 'bluetooth' enabled helmet. The manufacturer went to some length to reduce wind noise to help out the electronics.
Unfortunately mine is the first generation bluetooth helmet and it is incompatible with just about everything (it did work with my mobile though).

Would be interested to know ho you get on with it, maybe twist your arm to write a review 🐰

Black ey! sounds like you're keeping the 'blade Smile

- Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Viper rsv 121 bluetooth lid Empty Re: Viper rsv 121 bluetooth lid

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Dec 27 2008, 20:16

Hey Steve,

Yes i am keeping the 'blade...enjoy the comfort too much although its still not as comfy as me old 'cat...
Will do a little write up once the lid has been properly tested..
Hope to catch up in '09 on various excursions...work permitting!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Sat Dec 27 2008, 20:43

I've also got one in Matt Black - I think for the money it's ace but a bit heavy and noisy (compared to my Caberg). I've not had a good ride yet BUT plan to remedy that tomorrow (so will report back on battery life)

I only paid £25 for mine off Ebay (a supposed second that only speaker worked in) HOWEVER don't know if was a mistake, I got a brand new one that works perfectly with my Blackberry (phone and MP3)

I love the flip down (fighter pilot??) dark visor BUT may have bought it a bit big (XL) and don't feel fully comfortable with it yet - again I'll tell you more after tomorrow.......... Exclamation
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Dec 28 2008, 13:47

Cheers, I would be interested in how you find it. I looked at the Caberg one but they wanted over £150 just for the Bluetooth kit.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiz Mon Dec 29 2008, 10:02

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Cheers, I would be interested in how you find it. I looked at the Caberg one but they wanted over £150 just for the Bluetooth kit.

When i bought my Caberg i was kinda hoping the price would drop soon to a more realistic level. No
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Dec 30 2008, 22:18

Well my new lid arrived today..was straight on the phone as it's obviously been the shop floor one as it was dirty and scratched..Turns out they only have 3 in all of their uk shops in matt black and they are all display models...They are gonna try and source me a new one...Tried to pair my iphone to it via bluetooth but it keeps coming up "incorrect pin"..tried all the normal combinations - 0000 etc but will not pair so i wonder if it's pin has already been set..got no instructions with it either.. fuming
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Wed Dec 31 2008, 11:28

My mate bought one down at the NEC and they had plenty in stock (a Company from the North East?) He saw them, liked them and then bought one (after i explained I'd just got one exactly the same)

The instructions came with the battery a 4" x 3" booklet

On the phone enter the searching bluetooth device mode and with the headset turned OFF, press and hold the Call Handling Button for approx 5 seconds until the indicator light flashes blue & red alternately (don't let go until it does!) Operate the phone to discouver and connect the headset (Passkey is 0000) If pairing is successful the blue indicator flashes slowly and red light is off.

The key points are - press the button until BOTH lights flash and make sure all other bluetooth devices are turned off.

Hope this helps I did struggle 'til I read the instructions.................... What a Face
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiz Sat Jan 10 2009, 16:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have now got some flip front helmets tested, if you click on the helmet it also tells you the % of impacts that the flip front stayed locked, 80% for the caberg, with 4/5 stars, so i'm wondering if that's a good enough reason to get a shiney new one Very Happy. The RSV V121 was 90% and 4/5 stars as well, the shoei multitech 83% and 3/5 stars.
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down