Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

isle of man TT

4 posters

Go down

isle of man TT Empty isle of man TT

Post  sdtc Fri Apr 23 2010, 18:39

hi guys

i have been trying for months to find somewhere to stay and cannot find anywhere is anyone going who as room for 2 more people we are willing pay our way
i have got the ferry there and back but no fixed aboard
please let me know asap

regards
sean and andy
sdtc
sdtc
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6
Hobbies : bmw dealer cheshire uk
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

isle of man TT Empty Re: isle of man TT

Post  0ldcat Fri Apr 23 2010, 19:10

Not much help, but how about IoM tourist info peeps pointing you in the direction of where you could pitch a tent ?

Even if it's roughing it in a farmers field or barn . . . . . .

Sorry I'll get me coat
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  sdtc Fri Apr 23 2010, 21:22

yeah cheers for that but i have spoke to them and been told that no room at the inn

will rough it in a farmer field or barn or cave park bench if you see me on a park bench just say hello lol

just gonna go over and hope for best i think
sdtc
sdtc
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6
Hobbies : bmw dealer cheshire uk
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

isle of man TT Empty TT

Post  ratty666 Tue May 04 2010, 14:48

TRY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] FOR CAMPSITES &INFO FOR HOMESTAY , B+B, HOTELS / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] GOOD LUCK
ratty666
ratty666
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 13
Hobbies : car park attendant
Humour : sick
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicJoey Thu May 06 2010, 10:38

Best bet is to do a good bit of phoning round. There are loads of B&Bs over there that don't have websites / email and just rely on phone bookings.

Some of these places will be listed by the Manx Tourist Board but I know from experience that some aren't, which makes it difficult to find them. Try phoning the ones that ARE listed and then ask them if they know of any others that do have vacancies. They're usually pretty helpful like that.

Another tip would be to try UK local press. I'm in Liverpool and the Liverpool Echo regularly has small ads for accommodation on the Island. I don't know if there'd be ads all around the UK but it could be worth trying the local rags from the North West Coast...Southport, Blackpool, Lancaster, Preston, Fylde, The Lakes etc??????

If you do end up going over without accommodation you'll easily find space in a campsite. Then you might be able to find something better when you're there. If not a B&B or Hotel there are loads of people who rent out rooms and I always see signs in people's windows saying "Room available".

Good luck... maybe I'll see you over there. We're there from 5th to 9th June (lucky enough to know some people over there who we can stay with).

Magicjoey
MagicJoey
MagicJoey
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 32
Humour : Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by?
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down