Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO ... How did...

+2
thunderstruck
0ldcat
6 posters

Go down

SO ... How did... Empty SO ... How did...

Post  0ldcat Thu Dec 25 2008, 22:24

Your 25th go ?

Bounced on @ 5am by the chilblanes for their prezzies ? Gas go out mid-way through cooking the Turkey ? oR ???? Did it run smoooooth as silk, beer run like water from a tap, so much Bailey's sunk it makes the Titanic look like a minor boating accident on the local park pond ??? etc etc ...

Ours started at 6am with the doggies pouncing on the bed, bright as buttons, WALKIES !!
Home again, straight to the cupboard, c'mon then giz us the goody bags you've got stashed in there.

Then on to the serious stuff get started on days festivities, prep, cook, relations tip up, eat, bloat out, eat more,(surprisingly no arguments), ritual annual phoning of absent relatives. Waive bye bye to visiting relatives.
Cleaning up of debris, AND ........... Relax aaaahhhhhh. Oh yeah, and the "Never again" syndrome. Still, ... Only 364 days to go to the next one, hey. Laughing
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

SO ... How did... Empty Re: SO ... How did...

Post  thunderstruck Fri Dec 26 2008, 20:07

best bit of yesterday was going for a ride 2 up with my son as pillion, great weather quiet roads.
even let him have his first ride of a big bike, the smile filled his lid. Very Happy
thunderstruck
thunderstruck
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : cctv/intruder alarms, you know big brother stuff
Humour : wots that?
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sat Dec 27 2008, 20:40

thunderstruck wrote:best bit of yesterday was going for a ride 2 up with my son as pillion, great weather quiet roads.
even let him have his first ride of a big bike, the smile filled his lid. Very Happy

Maybe it's the time of year, but that pushed my feel good button! How old is your son?

Now I'm a miserable ol' git who tried once again to cancel Christmas due to lack of interest. Seeing the fat fella with the white beard wouldn't have any of that, I was drawn into it yet again :sleep: Very Happy. To teach me a lesson, he comes by with the reindeer and they help themselves to a liter or so of the thundercat's finest spirit, that'll teach me for not leaving any milk and cookies. I only find this out today when I go out for a ride and the light comes on 30km's earlier than it should have!

The 25th went off better than anticipated. Did Christmas lunch at Pam's flat, (her two adult son's and ex were there) went around the evening before and got it all sorted, leaving instructions on when to put the turkey on etc. I had done the Midnight mass stuff last year, so should be good for another 9 years! I am still on Florida time, so hit the hay at 3am, opened the pressies before going to sleep. Had a bit of a lay in (that's probably when the reindeer took advantage of me!!) and then went out for a ride :bounce: . Now that's what I call Christmas!

Back to the catering, well at least the turkey had been put in the oven ( yip and the oven had been lit!), oh and the tree had been put up. The veggies had been moved away from near the kettle (they got in the way when wanting to make a cuppa!) and even further from the pot they were supposed have been put into Shocked - but hey it's Christmas this is what is supposed to happen!

The Royal Mail didn't get any business from me this year, neither did BT or Virgin - Skype made a few pence!

Gawd aren't I a sunny. Now we got to get used to writing 9 at the end of the year!!
('spose you'd expect me to say - I don't believe it, but I won't!)

- Victor

Naah, not bad actually!!

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat Dec 27 2008, 21:55

Mine was fabbier than a fabby thing... that's all I'm saying Very Happy
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstruck Sun Dec 28 2008, 13:04

SteveCat wrote:
thunderstruck wrote:best bit of yesterday was going for a ride 2 up with my son as pillion, great weather quiet roads.

Maybe it's the time of year, but that pushed my feel good button! How old is your son?

Now I'm a miserable ol' git who tried once again to cancel Christmas due to lack of interest. Seeing the fat fella with the white beard wouldn't have any of that, I was drawn into it yet again :sleep: Very Happy. To teach me a lesson, he comes by with the reindeer and they help themselves to a liter or so of the thundercat's finest spirit, that'll teach me for not leaving any milk and cookies. I only find this out today when I go out for a ride and the light comes on 30km's earlier than it should have!

The 25th went off better than anticipated. Did Christmas lunch at Pam's flat, (her two adult son's and ex were there) went around the evening before and got it all sorted, leaving instructions on when to put the turkey on etc. I had done the Midnight mass stuff last year, so should be good for another 9 years! I am still on Florida time, so hit the hay at 3am, opened the pressies before going to sleep. Had a bit of a lay in (that's probably when the reindeer took advantage of me!!) and then went out for a ride :bounce: . Now that's what I call Christmas!

Back to the catering, well at least the turkey had been put in the oven ( yip and the oven had been lit!), oh and the tree had been put up. The veggies had been moved away from near the kettle (they got in the way when wanting to make a cuppa!) and even further from the pot they were supposed have been put into Shocked - but hey it's Christmas this is what is supposed to happen!

The Royal Mail didn't get any business from me this year, neither did BT or Virgin - Skype made a few pence!

Gawd aren't I a sunny. Now we got to get used to writing 9 at the end of the year!!
('spose you'd expect me to say - I don't believe it, but I won't!)

- Victor

Naah, not bad actually!!

-Steve

16 year old who has a aprillia rs50..........
went out on a 170 mile ride out yesterday, bloody cold, still suffering from cold knees and shoulders, but still smiling
thunderstruck
thunderstruck
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : cctv/intruder alarms, you know big brother stuff
Humour : wots that?
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Fri Jan 09 2009, 20:35

Just got back from the French Pyrenees. If the picture link works, it should show me on Christmas Eve - though actually I'm invisible in that kit.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Schnorbitz Tue Jan 13 2009, 01:00

Christmas was great in Casa Schnorbitz. Getting back into work after New Years is proving tough. As is leaving my house with a foot and a half of snow on the ground. Still, doing do-nuts on the quad bike in the snow was fun! Happy 2009 all!
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 17 2009, 13:04

Better late than never!

Yeah mine was good -Xmas eve at the pub with a few from the bike club then xmas day up at the parents where i get spoiled rotten - daddy's little girl and the daughter of a woman who takes it a personal insult if you ask for a drink that's not in her drinks trolley (one xmas for a laugh i asked for a Sheridans knowing she didn't have it - she landed up driving 15 miles to skegness to the only open spar shop to buy a bottle of the stuff that i had to drink - never touched it since .... in fact the only time i've felt as bad is when i stayed up all night drinking scotch with my ex-s best mates dad - also an ex-argyll i believe - we drank 3 bottles of grouse between the 2 of us and by the time we'd driven from Kinlochleven to Glencoe next morning i had a carrier bag out which i filled going through Rannoch Moor but thats a different story! suffice to say next time anyone says to me 'don't you go drinking with those Highlanders' i'll know why. Even my ex and his mate went off to their beds!)

Anyway... ate too much, drank too much and back at work boxing day before the arguments began Very Happy although all i did was collect the car, let everyone know where i was then went back up 'home' til i'd had enough of the festive spirit - which happened to coincide with my 4 and 7 yr old niece and nephew falling out - then back to the office for the last 2 or 3 hours.

All over for another year!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum