Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love my Cat!

5 posters

Go down

I love my Cat! Empty I love my Cat!

Post  Storm Tue Apr 06 2010, 13:54

Hope everyone had a good Easter break (except for those poor souls who had to work :( )

I managed to get out for a ride with a friend, down into Cheshire and it was a great chance to have a bit of a blast and get to know my new bike! I'm definitely in love! Had a good mix of A roads and motorway so had some good corners and also a chance to open her up a bit! I didn't want to get off her when I got back home!

She's still a bit lumpy up to about 30mph but that is better when I keep the revs up so I think I should probably do as Suzie suggested and "not be so kind!!".

I got some photos too, but have to admit that I haven't worked out how to post them on here! I managed to upload one into the Members Bikes section but that was about it! Any help gratefully received!!!
Storm
Storm
6Bronze
6Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : Secretary, skiing, biking, walking
Humour : Varied - love Michael McIntyre!
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

I love my Cat! Empty Re: I love my Cat!

Post  yamahamad Tue Apr 06 2010, 14:04

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cat. I use photobucket as a host site for pictures which is pretty good.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Apr 06 2010, 14:32

Glad to hear you managed to get out great and that you and the bike are getting along Very Happy

Had every intention of getting out myself. Not working, just lots of DIY which the rain messed up Mad
Ahh well, might go for a wee blast tonight. Certainly I shall get home a lot faster than going out - the way the wind's blowing today.

Ride safely

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Apr 06 2010, 18:51

Managed to get out everyday over the weekend, even though it rained.

Wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been, dunno just something wrong with me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love biking, had the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] three years today and done over 55 000 kms in that time, have really enjoyed it. I did my IAM assessment on Sunday and was harder on myself than the observer, did not enjoy it one bit.

Sorry putting a damper on your happy thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Tue Apr 06 2010, 20:04

Nice hear you are enjoying the cat great

I was working all weekend but did manage to get out for a couple of hrs today Very Happy

Note to self, I need to book some time off work so I can get the bike out more naughty
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

I love my Cat! Empty I love my Cat!

Post  Storm Tue Apr 06 2010, 21:44

Thanks for the advice Stevecat - I had just discovered the section where you'd posted the "idiots guide to posting photos" and it worked as this idiot can now do it!! Have posted a couple of pics in the right place! Hope you enjoy your next ride more - you need a lovely sunny evening for a leisurely ride without any observing/scrutinising !!

Yamahamad: I have signed up to photobucket which works a treat (and also has an iPhone app!)
Storm
Storm
6Bronze
6Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : Secretary, skiing, biking, walking
Humour : Varied - love Michael McIntyre!
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06 2010, 22:13

SteveCat wrote:. I did my IAM assessment on Sunday and was harder on myself than the observer, did not enjoy it one bit.

steve don't worry about it - my observer was always of the opinion that he and me were on different runs whenever we went out together - he'd say how was that i'd say well it was crap because ........ and then 5 minutes later he'd say - well i don't know where you went but the woman in front of me was on a thundercat just like yours and she was fine - in the end he banned me for talking until i could give a reason ..... that was very difficult for me lol

I got on Ezzy yesterday - had a run over to East Kirkby Aviation museum on her - will be going to work on her this week as the bloody car is poorly - new cam belt required amongst other things
Anonymous

Back to top Go down