Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToL Summary Information

Go down

ToL Summary Information Empty ToL Summary Information

Post  greencat Mon Apr 05 2010, 10:31

2010 Taste of Lincolnshire

Well only a few days to go so I thought I'd best post up a summary of who's attending and the arrangements.

Accommodation

Here's who's staying where as far as I know. Please post up if there are any errors.

At The Village Limits Country Pub Restaurant and Motel just outside Woodhall Spa. See map. Please note that the pub is approx 500m further north than the marker on Google Maps!

Room Fri Night Sat Night Sat Dinner
Greencat + MevsyDGreencat + MevsyD
Yes x2
Ezzy's Mum + FiEzzy's Mum + Fi
Yes x2
OhlinsOhlins
Yes x1
RoscoRosco + Oldcat
Yes x2
Catapulted + Mechy
Yes x2
Espaceman3 + GaryEspaceman3 + Gary
Yes x2
As you can see there are now 2 rooms free at the pub on Saturday night. I'm afraid the cancellation policy means we have lost the deposit on these rooms unless there are others who want to take them. I've advised the pub we no longer need them just in case they can re-book them. Let me know if anyone wants these rooms.

At The Claremont Guest House

Steve, Dave + Jim
Yes x3
Nige + Jill
Yes x2
In a caravan

Robcat + LinzRobcat + Linz
Day trippers

Ballio - joining at the start
Panzebuilder - joining at the morning coffee stop
Simmyoto - joining at the morning coffee stop
Neil - joining at the start - Dinner x1

So that's 20 bikes and 23 riders for the ride out! Excellent, thanks for the support.

Food

Dinner Friday Night

Suzie has booked tables for 8pm on Friday night at the Indian in Woodhall Spa (01526 354657). Looks like there will be enough cars around to provide transport. There are other options available in the town if you don't want an Indian.

Dinner Saturday Night

Due to the changees to attendees I've been back in touch with the venue and they can now all accommodate us for dinner on Saturday night. A table for 18 has been booked and we have been asked to pre-order from the menu to ensure any delays are kept to a minimum. Choices for dinner have now been sent to the pub. For a reminder of your choice see the list [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Arrival

I've told the pub that it's unlikely many of us will arrive before about 6pm on the Friday night. If you wish to arrive much earlier please call them and let them know. Otherwise we'll see you at the bar! Ride up safely.

The Bill

I'm still working through all the changes, but will have a final bill to present to all attendees over the weekend. Basically if you have paid 12.50 deposit then the remainder for 2 nights B&B is 57.50; for one nights B&B it's 22.50. If you don't mind can you settle up with me; it will keep things simple for the pub.

Ride-out Route

The route has been decided on and we will not be making Whitby :( , however it will still involve a trip to the seaside sunny and a few places of interest en-route.

Here is the basic plan. It's flexible so might change depending on progress:

9:00 Woodhall Spa - depart
Market Rasen - fuel stop(23 miles, please ensure you have enough fuel to do this distance) meet Panzerbuilder and Simmyoto here
10:30 Barton upon Humber (Humber Bridge) - coffee
13:00 Seaways, Fridaythorpe - lunch
15:30 Hornsea - tea
18:30 Woodhall Spa

If you've any questions at all please post them up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] please, or PM me. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday/Saturday. great

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by greencat on Thu Sep 02 2010, 10:38; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Alternative accommodation details added; Robcat & Linz no dinner; Terry Lees not attending; route finalised; Ohlins added; Neil added; Fri dinner details added)
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

ToL Summary Information Empty Re: ToL Summary Information

Post  greencat Wed Aug 25 2010, 13:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Accommodation will be at The Village Limits Country Pub Restaurant and Motel just outside Woodhall Spa. See map. Please note that the pub is approx 500m further north than the marker on Google Maps!

I have block booked all 8 rooms for the Saturday night. These are now all taken. Please see the list below.
The room rate is £70 per night for two people ie £35.00 pppn B&B.

There are still some spaces available on the Friday night on a first come, first served basis.
If you want a room on Friday night you need to book that yourself. Call 01526 353312 Speak to Diane if you can. Say you want to add your booking to the Saturday night booking in the name of MEAD.

Alternative Accommodation

There are several others considering joining us, so I have enquired at The Claremont Guest House and they have the following availability:
Twin room4 No
Double room2 No
Single room3 No
The rate is about £30 per night. Please contact Alan on 01526 352000 if you wish to book a room.
It's a bit cheaper than The Village Limits and they have off-road hardstanding for parking. :cheers:

Here are details of other local B&B's. They are arranged in order of distance from the main venue. I have not checked that all these are still in business! If you book one of these please let me know if you'll want dinner in the restaurant at The Village Limits.

The Claremont Guest House
The Pitch Away B&B
The Oglee Guest House
The Vale B&B
Lavender Cottage B&B
The Chaplin House B&B

Dinner Saturday Night

I propose having dinner at the pub on Saturday night. This is a popular place so we need to book as soon as we can. I have made a provisional booking for 16. If you want dinner on Saturday night let me know and I'll add you to the list. There are several other restaurants in Woodhall Spa if you want to eat elsewhere.

Accommodation Summary

GreencatGreencat + Mechy
Yes x2
Ezzy's Mum + FiEzzy's Mum + Fi
Yes x2
Cards + FredCards + Fred
Yes x2
Oldcat + PhoenixOldcat + Phoenix
Yes x2
Rosco + Terry LeesRosco + Terry Lees
Yes x2
MevsyDCatapulted + MevsyD
Yes x2
Espaceman3 + GaryEspaceman3 + Gary
Yes x2
Ellie + Nick
Yes x2

If you want to join us for dinner but won't be staying at the motel then that's fine. Let me know. I'll make the booking and add your name below:

andyb, Stevecat & Pam, supernaut & Dave, bignige & Jill

Total booked: 16
Places remaining: 0
Total for Sat dinner: 23

Arrival

I've told the pub that it's unlikely many of us will arrive before about 6pm on the Friday night. If you wish to arrive much earlier please call them and let them know. Otherwise we'll see you at the bar! Ride up safely.

Ride-out Route

The route is currently being revised following the change of venue. The intention is still to venture north of the Humber. Making Whitby ponder ..... I'm not sure yet. There will still be the opportunity of meeting up with others en-route. If you think you'll want to do this let me know so I can take it into account. Full details will be provided on the day. I anticipate a prompt start at 9am.

If you've any questions at all please post them up. Looking forward to seeing you all. great

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down