Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change

+12
kwakkat
0ldcat
Panzerbuilder
SteveCat
yamahamad
weasley
Dirt Bike Dave
ellie
robertcains
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Rosco
greencat
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change - Page 2 Empty ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change

Post  greencat Sun Mar 21 2010, 23:23

First topic message reminder :

Hi Folks,

Spring is here, warmer weekends herald the start of my biking season and so thoughts have turned to the Taste of Lincolnshire 2010.

This year it will be the Taste of Lincolnshire 7 and I think it's time to widen our horizons this year, as we did for Tol 4 2007, and include some of the best bits of East Yorkshire and the North York Moors. A first draft of the route has been made and this will be refined between now and September. Whitby will be our goal! Pray God this time it doesn't all fall apart at the seams. wall
So yes it will be the mearest smidgen of Lincolnshire, but that will be but a fine appetiser to the main course. deal
I hope you'll want to join us. Very Happy

Now, shamed into action by the ever increasing standard of organisation by the other esteemed ride-outs, I've been looking for a location that can accommodate us all together over-night and for dinner. I've been aware that in previous years obtaining accommodation nearby has not be easy, especially with one of the local pubs with rooms closing down. There is only one B&B next to the pub we've used and competition to book the rooms has been fierce. Twisted Evil So I've trawled the local area for alternatives and think I might have found one, but I need some feed back from you before changing the venue. great

I've found a hotel that has the facilities we need and, currently, has the rooms we may need. However I'm concerned about the cost. They can do bed and breakfast for £34 per person per night. Is this unreasonable? This is a special weekend leisure rate that requires two consecutive nights to be booked and double occupancy of a room. They have twin and double rooms. What do you think?

You would need to book and pay for your room as soon as you can, but these can be cancelled up to 48hrs before without penalty. The hotel is in a fantastic location with views over the Humber to the Humber Bridge, plenty of parking, a good restaurant that can accommodate us all for dinner, the bar and nice lounge. There's even a Spa attached if you need to de-stress after, or before, the rideout. girlpower It is a popular wedding venue so this dictates the date of the ToL. They are currently un-booked for the 3rd and 4th September so I propose that weekend. Room choice may be severely limited on other weekends.

Here's a link to the venue. Check out the rooms and the food!

Please post up whether you will be attending the ToL this year and whether you would be happy to book this venue.

I have no relationship with this hotel. I'm simply seeking out a better base for the ToL weekend that keeps everyone together, removes the need for late night taxi journeys and can provide good quality accommodation and food. I hope you agree.The weekend leisure rate is £136 per room for two nights with breakfast and needs to be paid in advance. It will mean we will need to co-ordinate bookings via this site so that rooms are shared to take advantage of this rate. I think we can do it?

Summary:
  • Fri 3rd - Sat 4th September
  • £34pppn B&B

Please give me your feed back asap. I'll review responses in a weeks time. salute

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by greencat on Mon Mar 22 2010, 15:48; edited 3 times in total
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change - Page 2 Empty Re: ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change

Post  Toni Thu Mar 25 2010, 20:51

greencat wrote:Hope to see you then?

I hope so too great clink

Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change - Page 2 Empty Re: ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change

Post  andyb Thu Mar 25 2010, 21:20

Possibly be there, I'll let you know Monday coz I've heard a rumour I'm going on a 6 month holiday somewhere not very nice wall

Hopefully it's a case of somebody getting there wires crossed ponder
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

ToL 7 2010 - proposed venue change - Page 2 Empty ToL

Post  terry lees Fri Mar 26 2010, 09:46

Hi Chris, could you book me in as a strong provisional, do'nt mind sharing a twin, Chris E expressed interest, I can discuss with you further when we meet up for the WM in a few weeks. Terry
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sat Mar 27 2010, 19:19

holidays booked we are coming let us know when to pay
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Sun Mar 28 2010, 18:26

Put me down as another strong provisional Chris. The Friday is my wedding anniversary so would have to be an early start on Saturday for me (as I've done the last two years). Will there be a problem booking a room for the Sat night only?
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 28 2010, 18:50

take it then this year instead of Taste of Lincolnshire it'll be a Yorkshire Pudding weekend pmsl (humour me it's been a hard week) well i'll be there anyways.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Mar 28 2010, 21:48

I'm coming too...just have to work out the room sharing arrangements depending on who's also coming Twisted Evil

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Tue Mar 30 2010, 14:51

I shall be there with bells on, quite looking forward to it to great
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Mar 30 2010, 15:14

Andy - I guess from your post your 'holiday abroad' is not happening now?
Glad you can join us.

Quick up date
I'm waiting to hear from the hotel about room availability. Looks like there's a wedding on (I'll arrange to have Ross added to the Guest List if he wears his kilt?) and possibly another event so if I think this is still a goer then it will be 'first come first served' for the rooms. We will need to act quickly to secure our rooms, but I'm sure you're all up for the challenge!

Details to follow shortly. great

I'm assuming no one has booked a room yet?

Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 16:12

nope waiting for the confirmation its this weekend and happening here!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Tue Mar 30 2010, 16:29

greencat wrote:Andy - I guess from your post your 'holiday abroad' is not happening now?
Glad you can join us.

Chris

Nope, it ain't happening great

I'm glad I can join you too clink
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :