Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autumn days....... immaculate timing

+5
kwakkat
Radar
ellie
robertcains
greencat
9 posters

Go down

Autumn days.......  immaculate timing Empty Autumn days....... immaculate timing

Post  greencat Sun Oct 18 2009, 21:39

Well managed to get out on the bike this weekend. I'd not touched the bike since garaging her after getting back from the Surf and Turf. The forecast was dry, the temperature was crisp, the clouds had parted and the sun was out. A perfect autumn day - one of my favourite times of year. Wrap up warm, head out with no particular plan other than maybe to a cafe for a nice hot cuppa.

And so it began this afternoon. Perfect - once I'd remembered to close the still open vents on the crash helmet. Down to the filling station then out on some of my favourite Lincs roads. Market Rasen, Wragby, Bardney and then the Bardney Bends to Horncastle - not that quickly though it was taking some time to get back into the groove.

Then I pull up a the junction into Horncastle to see a red Thundercat pass on the main road - I recognise that bike! Fortunately the traffic lights stop and I pull up next to Nick - robertcains. Not exactly from around these parts, but out for an afternoon blast. A brief exchange of pleasantries and I have a riding partner for the next hour or so. Excellent clappy

We took the same route back - purely in the pursuit of cornering Nirvana and had a good old chin wag back at Market Rasen. Oh and that meant Nick had to take the Caistor High Street back home - what a chore. I think there's a furrow down that road with his name on it! 👅

So a perfect afternoon in my book. Five seconds earlier or later and our paths would not have crossed - like I said 'immaculate timing'. Thanks Nick. Very Happy See you at Bishops Castle II. great

Chris

PS Best wished to Ellie - not feeling too well at the moment. Speedy recovery!
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Autumn days.......  immaculate timing Empty Re: Autumn days....... immaculate timing

Post  robertcains Mon Oct 19 2009, 00:07

Yes, Thanks Nick and Chris, I was on my death bed, suffering from Swine Flu 🐷 Sick and your out having a blast!!

Pleased you enjoyed it

Ellie girl_crazy
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Autumn days.......  immaculate timing Empty Re: Autumn days....... immaculate timing

Post  ellie Mon Oct 19 2009, 00:12

Errrrrrrrrr...............................................

I feel a numpty point coming on........Didnt realise Nick was still logged on on my computer until after Id saved it - Sorry loony

Ellie girl_crazy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Oct 19 2009, 00:22

Did 90 miles on the Thundercat yesterday (Saturday) going to the Classic bike show at Stafford with a few mates. Crisp and sunny, great to be out there! Excellent show too, I will post some pics later in the week

Then today (Sunday) did 55 miles on my FZ1S with my younger daughter on the back. One of my regular loops, Bridgnorth, Clee Hill, Bewdley and then home. Special because it was her 14th birthday and because it was the first time she has been able to go on the bike since the injury to her eye in early June.

So all in a grand biking weekend great
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Oct 19 2009, 02:17

out today too
out to matlock via crompton on to chatsworth do the loop then back home for tea & bickie,s very nice
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Oct 19 2009, 02:31

Spot on Chris Wink

Thanks for showing me that route through Bardney as I loved the tight twisties, Great to catch up again cos last time we spoke we were the wrong side of that 'as we get it' 58% scotch at S&T naughty

Seriously though I enjoyed that chance meeting after spending the last two hours learning the high street & watching the numpties pulling wheelies away from Tesco's ponder I've just got back to Shropshire & chickened out & took the nice warm cage home Embarassed
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Mon Oct 19 2009, 19:00

robertcains wrote:watching the numpties pulling wheelies away from Tesco's ponder

Not guilty angel , been in the middle of the North Sea since Thursday. Laughing
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Autumn days.......  immaculate timing Empty jealous...what me?

Post  londonchris Mon Oct 19 2009, 20:21

very envious of you guys/girls with all these great roads to ride when the mood takes you
live in London so the challenge is somewhat different but just the number of vehicles....it's a nightmare and speed cameras!!
work is a 39 mile round trip and a total of 19 cameras
winter must be coming first dose of carb icing at 5.15 this morning..happy days!
chris
londonchris
londonchris
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  morgy Tue Oct 20 2009, 12:47

Londonchris, thought it as just me with the carb icing so didnt want to say anything,very similar journey for me also mate,so know what it is like!!!!!

Morgy clink
morgy
morgy
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Oct 22 2009, 09:08

I had a long journey to make on my bike yesterday, so had every intention of setting off early, but due to beef in red wine, slow cookers, kids forgetting violins, etc etc, I didnt set off till 9.30 ish.

All wrapped up with waterproofs etc, looking like the incredible bulk, I headed westwards, in the pouring rain and road muck all over my visor, couldnt see a bleeding thing, anyway, by the time Id stopped at the Friendly Farmer at Newark for the worlds best bacon butty, the weather had improved, so I ventured along the A617, down the A38, A5-Think I may have been 'flashed' along their wall -M54 and arrived. The twisty road from Shrewsbury to my destination was heaven with a capital H, my bike was a dream and I was in the zone!!
Thoroughly enjoyed my ride down, even tho it was 160 miles, and late October. I hope my eternally ungrateful daughter appreciates her mummy doing all that to fetch her car for her!!

Can I just add-Bush tyres checked my pressures on the way down and put in 36 front and 40 rear, best they've ever been Wink
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Thu Oct 22 2009, 23:36

Also had a realy good run last weekend with 4 mates, Turned out to be Dry as a bone with a liitle breeze but quite fresh.
A a route made up of several bits borrowed from roads I've riden recently & some of it unashamedly borrowed from Green cats TOL Sunday run (Crowle to Goole & the B1228 brilliant -thanks Mate !)

Adding in the 80 miles up to Horncastle & back made a good distance & got the Reevsby bends in as well Twice ! now if I can just sneek in the Bardney bends next time Very Happy

for any one in the area & interested I've stuck the route below great

HORNCASTLE
A158
WRAGBY
B1202
MARKET RASEN
A46 (SIGNED GRIMSBY)
CAISTER
A1084
BRIGG
A18
M180 ON AT JUNCTION FOUR
OFF AT JUNCTION TWO M180
A161 CROWLE
* COFFEE STOP - 55 MILES
A161
GOOLE
A614
TO HOWDEN
B1228
TO YORK
A166
* FUELSTOP AFTER APPROX 6 MILES – 95 MILES
A166
* FRIDAYTHORPE & LUNCH STOP - 110 MILES
A166
WETWANG
B1248
BEVERLY
A164
HUMBER BRIDGE
A15
* AT A15 / A18 ROUNDABOUT COFFEE STOP 150 MILES
A18
PAST AIRPORT TURN RIGHT
CAISTER
B1225 CAISTER HIGH ROAD
A158
HORNCASTLE 178 MILES
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down