Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big thanks!

4 posters

Go down

Big thanks! Empty Big thanks!

Post  MevsyD Sat Sep 05 2009, 23:36

I had a great day! Set off early from Harrogate and got to Grasby with enough time to not be last. (mind you that was because of late breakfast service allegedly for two of the party......)

Never met any of you before, never ridden in a group before and never done the fantastic 'marker' system before so a little daunting at the start of the day but mile by mile it got better and better. Big thanks to Chris for organising it, and it was top class to put a few faces to names on here. Choice moments for me were realising that Ellies bike has 'Thunderpussy' on it TWICE, Suze having a cuddly toy pig attached to the handrail called Sgt Swine when she works for the police and the older guy that left The Plough pub when we arrived that had 4 different kinds of moss growing from the paint on his car...

There is so many more than that but as I say, big thanks to everyone. I had a great time and will do my level best to be there for the surf and turf.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks again!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Big thanks! Empty Re: Big thanks!

Post  ellie Sun Sep 06 2009, 16:23

Just got in, what a fantastic day yesterday-Thanks Chris for all your hardwork and organisation, kept us guessing all day, especially when you indicated right (as did 13 other bikes) and then turned left! shit happens Your a star! :whoop: Pity the cake shop was shut because all I cud think of from Holbeach to Belton was a giant meringue!! Thanks too for the ace rideout today, not been to Squires before, so really enjoyed it. Hope I didnt hold you all up too much!

Thanks to Nige for his input, showing me the way home, keeping me company at breakfast, and to Ian for the great food.

Quite a few laughs along the way...........Got them Numpty points polished and ready to present Tel?

Thanks for organising the Indian Chris-which we havent yet paid for!! Enjoyed it first time, second time wasnt so nice! Sick

Talking of which.....Hope your feeling better Suzie, crap to see you so unwell!!

Thanks everyone for your company, always great to put faces to names, hopefuly see y'all real soon!!

Cheers Guys!! What a great bunch you all are!!

Ellie xxx girlpower
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Sep 06 2009, 19:12

WELL .. .. .. .. .. ..

What a weekend.

Great route through some of Lincolnshires finest B roads.

As always it was good to see faces known and new. Abi made a mark with the Tractor over-take.

Massive Thanks go to Chris for the organisation and planning of the route (the recce was fun too).

250 miles of a ride out lead first by Chris, then in the mid by Nige and at the end again by Chris.

Big thanks to Ian for hosting lunch at the Plough, food was welcome and smashing.

On the whole the ride was quick and (mostly) incident free, and at times spirited. We had no offs .. .. .. .. but a near miss (Abi's tractor over-take).

Of course we have to mention the phantom rider that joined us (Neil), for the ride at the 1st fuel stop. Hung on to the lunch stop. Knew some of the peeps in our ride so blistered on. Wasn't til lunch he realised . . . 1. he was in the wrong group .. .. .. and 2. he was a week early for the ride out he'd tipped up for. Gotta be a NUMPTY POINT . He gets a T-Shirt (What a Plonker Rodney) for his efforts.

There was an element of people that had a dodgy papadom on Fri eve and Suzi was laid low (I've seen Ghost's with more colour), and there was an element of Bombay Bum going around from the "Take a Way" group.

Numpty Points ..... Well . . . .

Chris . . for adopting the Right Hand lane , indicating Right (the whole group did the same), then turning LEFT ???
Rosco . . Tail end charlie , and stopping for a photo shoot of some bushes that were cut to look like a T pot !!!
Abi . . . For the tractor overtake

I'm sure ther will be more, but of coures they have to be in the nomination thread and seconded Very Happy
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 07 2009, 09:53

0ldcat wrote:

Chris . . for adopting the Right Hand lane , indicating Right (the whole group did the same), then turning LEFT ???
Rosco . . Tail end charlie , and stopping for a photo shoot of some bushes that were cut to look like a T pot !!!
Very Happy

Yep the right hand lane one was certainly interesting - especially for an IAMS CAT!!!! Laughing

Rosco .... did you get a photo of the haystack made to look like an elephant or do i have to add that in with my photo of Hedgehog Bridge for you!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 07 2009, 12:04

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:Rosco .... did you get a photo of the haystack made to look like an elephant or do i have to add that in with my photo of Hedgehog Bridge for you!!!

Nope I didn't get an elephant.....only f^&%ing rabbits believe it or not. Please post them up when you can.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down