Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover

2 posters

Go down

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover Empty WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover

Post  Radar Tue May 21 2019, 22:27

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover

Sadly I was on four wheels again for the annual gathering of the Thundercat Clan at the always impressive Broadmeadows House in delightful border country near Selkirk. Well I say Thundercat Clan, but this year we hit a new low....only one Thundercat owner actually rocked up on example of this fine mid range motorcycle. For this was the year of the Ducati takeover with no less than four Multistradas rocking up. Two were being ridden by members of  the 'Manchester Massive' whilst the other was from 'Team Lincolnshire' whose numbers were sadly depleted due to unforseen circumstances at the last moment. Yamaha did still hold 'Overall Control' as they say in local election results as the Tracers, FZs and R1 along with Rosco's battered Thundercat managed to hold a bit of a majority. We did let a lone BMW rider in too as he wasn't on a GS....were are nice like that. Steve did at least used to own a Thundercat at one time in the past!

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover Bikepics-2814546-full
Yamati Multithunders?

Well the weekend went brilliantly as per usual, the ride outs on both days passed off with nobody making unplanned visits to hedgerows or getting free flights in a big red helicopter (BC4 anybody??) and Big Euan once again braved the pillion spot on Rosco's Thundercat. He should get the George medal.

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover Bikepics-2814548-full
The real Scottish Braveheart...

The ride outs themselves I will leave others to describe but involved a big railway bridge that always needs painting, Scotland's highest village (in the geographical sense I presume...). two huge horses heads and a pair of aircraft carriers so you can't say fairer than that! I even got to play with one of the Multistradas for a few miles as I had the foresight to pack a crash helmet and some rohypnol in order to prise the keys from DB Dave! 

The social side of Weemac is always as big as the riding side luckily for me and Mrs R . All the nights were excellent as usual. The beer flowed and despite Rosco ordering enough to fill an Olympic size swimming pool we were grateful of extra supplies drafted including some 8.5% Old Tom..at one point DB Dave commented 'You can taste the hangover'... Some evil spirits were also drafted in all the way from Transylvania too. We had to drink that as if we had spilt on anything we would have lost the deposit.

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover Bikepics-2814547-full
The full crew...

All the usual memorable shenanigans went on...

Pizza on the first night and Rick's amazing chuckney
We opened the kitchen window and couldn't shut it...an annual tradition now
We played 'Arsehole' into the night (it's a card game...)
We boosted local recycling rates (see above)
We took the mick out of Rosco's poor bike
Ate three big full Scottish breakfast with square sausages (Cheers to DBD and Rosco)
Ate far too well - Cheers Steve, stepping in when Chris couldn't make it....the immortal quote when seeing his recipe for chicken breasts with pistachio nuts...'we are not having tits with bits' and then knocking up fabulous stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon. The Veggie lady from the other party there was most impressed when you showed her fridge full of those!
Chris and Steve will have to have a 'cook-off' next year!
We celebrated little Euan's birthday
We had a critical shortage - not sugar this time, but Strongbow as Snowcat Steve launched into a one man bid to drink Scotland out or cider...I had to do top up runs twice!
The amazing three meat roast dinner on Sunday
The poor couple who rocked up in brand new Range Rover looking somewhat startled at the sight of 11 bikes parked up and people milling about laughing and joking. Their relief when they realised that they were not going to murdered or raped! I directed them to the B&B they should be at and thanked them for driving JLR....

A particular highlight was the characterture artist that Ross had drafted in for the first night, we had real fun as he drew each of us in turn...he even managed to make MrsR look quite jolly...that just shows the level of the man's talent!  The second night was epic too and I wound staying up until 4am..some people are bad influence on me. I think it involved Whiskey again....

On personal level it was good to catch up with everybody I had not seen for a while, Rob, Lindsay and little Euan, Ross, DB Dave, Snowcat Steve (now head of the Manchester Massive), Rich, Stevecat, Ian, Gill and Nathan who I first met at Tol in 2017. Also good to welcome some new faces Rick and Wayne who seems to enjoy the whole thing to the full. Mandy and I enjoyed checking out some local places and visiting family while the lads played on the bikes and we had a great time despite being confined to the car.

So the usual stonking WeeMac....thanks Ross and DBD for setting it all up and see you in 2020, hopefully on two wheels this time!

PS: Pictures to follow I have having trouble with picture storage at the moment - now added a few for flavour!

Review of DBD Yamati Multithunder:
http://bikemeet.net/index.php?topic=8404.0

Edd Travers - The Characterture man

www.eddtravers.co.uk
Facebook.com/EddTravers

Last edited by Radar on Mon May 27 2019, 07:00; edited 3 times in total
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover Empty Re: WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover

Post  Rosco Wed May 22 2019, 19:45

Great write up Tony.

I can almost remember tidying up the kitchen (well maybe just the fridge) with you at 4am on Sunday night/morning.

Looking forward to the next one already .... and your pictures too.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover Empty Re: WeeMac19: You Can Taste the Hangover

Post  Radar Wed May 22 2019, 20:38

Rosco wrote:Great write up Tony.

I can almost remember tidying up the kitchen (well maybe just the fridge) with you at 4am on Sunday night/morning.

Looking forward to the next one already .... and your pictures too.

Cheers
Rosco

We picked the the place clean!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down