Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BT rider to rider intercom

5 posters

Go down

BT rider to rider intercom Empty BT rider to rider intercom

Post  billyw Fri Sep 05 2014, 19:28

Bought a BT rider to rider intercom from Amazon recently so Karen and I could have wee chats now that she is hooked on pillion riding, and for £50 it really is a great bit of kit.
Works up to about 60 mph - well I can hear her, my lid is too noisy so she cant hear me at that speed - great around town though.
On my own the music player blue-toothed from my ipod works all the way up to as fast as I dare go and other reviewers say that it works well with their phone. I don't think I will be trying that aspect of it to be honest!
Only downside so far is that the adhesive on the pad for the speaker attached to the boom microphone isn't all that great so a couple of stitches required to keep it in.

Best conversational exchange with it we have had so far was coming down the slip road onto the M6 and Karen tucked her lid in against my back for shelter just as I was looking back to see how clear the road was.

Me "Can you please take your helmet out of my back?"

Karen "I am just getting you back for having your helmet in my back every bloody morning!" Boom, boom.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

BT rider to rider intercom Empty Re: BT rider to rider intercom

Post  The White One Sat Sep 06 2014, 18:15

They are great bits of kit. I had the Rider Q2 headset and was fantastic. Even when people called they didnt know i was on the bike. They would say where are you and id be like do 70ish on the M4 and they would go yea right your sat at home in your armchair lol.

Music, sat nav the lot.

Unfortunatly wasnt as waterproof as they made out and water got onto the board inside and corroded it.

Got new set now and off the top of my head cant remember the make/model but they are defo worth the money and if she gets too chatty you always have options to either speed up or just turn the thing off lol.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 467
Hobbies : Riding, Fixing, Riding Fixing
Humour : Dry, witty, Known as the child.
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Sep 06 2014, 18:33

I tried similar kit, but there can be an issue about when you cross the threshold between convenience and permanent hearing damage.
Unfortunately I crossed it and lost some of my hearing one one side, and a lot more on the other. Oh My God

These days I just sing to myself in the pleasant baritone you get when wearing earplugs. tongue
If anyone calls, they can wait. Wink
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Sep 06 2014, 20:05

I had the autocom set up (which now resides with another forum member).
It was a great set up, clear as a bell at a wide range of speeds Wink naughty Then one day, we had been going for quite some distance and I'd heard nothing from my pillion. So thinking PTT may have a fault I switched it to VOX. A short time later 'er on the back let out an almighty sneeze ! . . . . I was like wile e coyote I jumped that high, scared the living crap outta me she did and nigh on took me ear drums with it !!!

Now I sit up front in blissful silence, waiting for the tap on the shoulder and sign language for a cuppa . . . which we all know is girlie speak for the powder room Twisted Evil
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Mon Sep 08 2014, 09:35

We've got the BT intercom things. Originally picked them up thinking "only time we'll ever need them is to say need to stop" but now we have them on all the time chatting away Smile

Works brilliantly as bike to bike but can get a bit crackly when out of line of sight.
Works brilliantly with the phone for Satnag.
Can't quite cope with the change from one to t'other. Satnag will cut in over our intercom but there's a fair chance the instructions to the phone will then get confused and it'll start playing the phone's music. When it's done this it then doesn't know when satnag wants to talk to me and I won't get any more instructions. If I end the intercom the music will cut back in. Stop the music and the satnag will come through again fine until it starts playing music again next time. Now I know this it's easy to sort out but was frustrating until I realised what was going on
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down