Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swerve manouevre .......

2 posters

Go down

Swerve manouevre ....... Empty Swerve manouevre .......

Post  Guest Wed May 27 2009, 08:01

bit of food for thought - what's everyone think then

[swerve

Regardless of what i think i don't see the logic in that woman suing - if she'd left the test centre having just passed and had to swerve then i suppose the same thing would've happened the only difference being that she wouldn't have been halfway through a test at the time. .......... Hmm does that mean i could've sued for my replacement Arai when i chucked my instructors bike halfway across the car park in p'borough?

Last edited by Ezzy's Mum! on Wed May 27 2009, 08:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link didn't work!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Swerve manouevre ....... Empty Re: Swerve manouevre .......

Post  SteveCat Wed May 27 2009, 09:00

Was thinking the same thing!

The 50kph in wet test did seem a bit harsh, but again no worse than the real world. At least it's not a fig 8!

What I do find very disturbing is today's revelation (on BBC) that many people don't know the roadsigns.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27 2009, 11:33

SteveCat wrote:

What I do find very disturbing is today's revelation (on BBC) that many people don't know the roadsigns.

Unfortunately Steve that doesn't surprise me one little bit. Just wondering if there was any figures on whether or not the majority that don't know them are new or 'old' drivers and whether they were testing the less used signs or not bearing in mind that now you have to do the theory test before you learn to drive. When i did my das i had to take it even though i'd been driving for ahem amount of years and i'm assuming if you have an older bike licence and no car and decided to take your car test the same applies? Going back to the swerve thing on the new test ......... is there any point teaching something that you've probably got to be in deep doodoo to do as chances are .... if you're lucky ... it may be years before you have to do and if you're really lucky you may never have to .... discuss lol! I know my instructors were against it for that reason the majority of them saying that was why the 'controlled stop' was taught/used and you swerve to avoid when the stop isn't going to work. Tricky one
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed May 27 2009, 11:34

I don't think it's a realistic test of any real world "skill" or situation that is common in every day biking, .. .. rather a panic manoeuvre.
And as for missy in the DSA justifiying the maoeuvre Shocked Yeah right ! Like she really had an idea !!! Bet she's never in her life thrown a leg over a bike Mad .

If you have to swerve like that then chances are you wern't paying attention in the first place or best prepared for the "Ped" that steps out from between parked cars or "Myopic Git" who pulls out on you.

As for the rider suing for loss of earnings and personal injury ? Well that's just a sign of the times we live in these days Evil or Very Mad .
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27 2009, 17:39

Agreed on all points Tel
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum