Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self Nomination

+8
0ldcat
Rosco
kwakkat
greencat
Wooster
Snowcat
Bikerbrookes
YZFJohn
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Self Nomination - Page 2 Empty Self Nomination

Post  YZFJohn Sun Apr 21 2013, 11:05

First topic message reminder :

Let me start with - Had a really bad day yesterday so this could get long.

As some of you know I had problems with my chain up WeeMac in which (at the time) i thought was the cause of the knocking. I had to go in to Galashiels early in the morning before the rideout to have some slack taken out that the stiff links had caused, well I did the rideout and made it home so ordered a new chain which was fitted on Friday.

Knocking was still there and now there was a wiring noise. The garage took it back in and put on the rolling road. They traced it to the callipers, the pads had too much verticals movement and was banging against the callipers(not helped by slightly warped discs). It was near closing time so I took the bike home.

Saturday morning - supposed to be on a rideout so got in the shed at 6.30 and stripped both callipers down. Could see where the pads had been banging the callipers so cleaned up all pots and reassembled - thought it might be sticking pot anglin the pad.

Checked oil as I had topped up after WeeMac, now showing too high. Undid the filler cap and half undid the drain plug to remove enough oil. Did up drain plug.

Removed sprocket cover and found the front sprock that was like knew before WeeMac was now shagged! All teeth were now curled. Went for short ride and brake callipers still banging. Rang around for sprocket and no one had one in stock.

Toys going out pram.

Corby Kawasaki had an idea what the problem with callipers might be, could I get to them (nice lads there and very helpful) and they could have a sprocket in for Monday.

Ok, give up and decided to just give them it and get it sorted. Apologies sent to rideout and I gear up and leave. Hear comes the numpty point.

Get 3/4 of a mile out if Witting around a few twisties and on a left hander my foot flies up in the air and I nearly fly of the bike on the left hand side. I look down after recovering and the right side of the bike if covered in oil, so is my boot and footpeg!!!

3 guesses what I hadn't done????
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Self Nomination - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Nomination

Post  YZFJohn Wed Apr 24 2013, 13:13

Just picked her up and road back to work. The "Kwikasfookie" is back on form. Just need to balance the carbs. deal

YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Self Nomination - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Nomination

Post  Snowcat Wed Apr 24 2013, 14:32

Good to hear John, hope all is good from now on going forward Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2