Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought new bike and sold old cat

3 posters

Go down

shock Bought new bike and sold old cat

Post  davie150 Tue Mar 12 2013, 15:26

I went to my local bike shop about a month ago to buy a pinlock for my helmet, saw a Kawasaki Versys, took it for a test ride and within 2 minutes of riding felt that I had to buy it.

Went in to shop for a £26 pinlock and came out with a £3200 motorbike Smile , Went home and wife saw receipt for deposit nonofinger , when asked why I responded Don\'t Know

I added versys to my insurance and after I picked up new bike I was a multibike owner wink thumb up but was struggling for space in my garage for 2 bikes thumb down , so one had to go.

I put Cat in Gumtree and after being offered 2 cars and a kids trial bike swaps, I got a call from someone wanting to view.

As cat had hardly been used I decided to take out for a quick blast and almost changed my mind about selling it, I tell you the Versys is such a great bike to ride due to the high riding position, but the cat is still a quality bike and the engine seems to purr puss compared to the versys thump thump sound :albino:

Anyways guy came to view, took for a spin , came back in 2 minutes and bought it deal

So its goodbye cat Crying or Very sad I wont forget you , but I wont be leaving this site and will pop in now and again to view.

ps I was looking at cats for sale on classified section here and saw the cadburys boost cat that sold in Nov last year, what a stunner and only £1600, jesus that was too cheap, as I got £1200 for my one, with aftermarket fairings on and his were original.

davie150
davie150
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : golf
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

shock Re: Bought new bike and sold old cat

Post  Rosco Tue Mar 12 2013, 16:23

Glad to hear your still here even although your cat isn't ..... Trust you pointed the new owner in this general direction. Smile

Cheers
Rosco.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:03

I also jumped ship and bought a Versys left thumb up, best of luck with your new purchase.

Davie: PS: have you registered here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  davie150 Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:31

furball wrote: I also jumped ship and bought a Versys left thumb up, best of luck with your new purchase.

Davie: PS: have you registered here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No not yet, did you buy the 650 or 1000
davie150
davie150
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : golf
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:21

davie150 wrote:No not yet, did you buy the 650 or 1000

The 650 AF7 Model for me... good fun and a bit tamer than the cat.. saying that i sold my cat about six years ago and had a few other bikes inbetween.......

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down