Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!)

3 posters

Go down

Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!) Empty Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!)

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 10:57

I was reliably informed that the racks and rails for Ventura kit were universal and it was just the L brackets that were bike specific, sadly this is not the case and as a result have had to buy new rack and rail for my blade. I therefore have said pack rack and grab rail for sale if anyone wants them.

They will fit other bikes and full details of this and the system as a whole can be found on the Ventura website.

Open to offers, just looking to get something back to go toward the cost of new kit :(

They are in excellent condition having only been used a handful of times.

First refusal on here before they go on eBay.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!) Empty Re: Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!)

Post  Cheshirecat Tue Feb 26 2013, 13:01

can u post pics steve and give me first refusal on em?
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!) Empty Re: Ventura pack rack & grab rail for sale (make me an offer!!)

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 13:22

Cheshirecat wrote:can u post pics steve and give me first refusal on em?

This is the best picture I've got of the rack Kev
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That rack slips off and the rail slips on.

I'll take some pics later when I get home pal

And they're all yours if you want them mate.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Tue Feb 26 2013, 13:26

How much you looking for Steve? Don't say make me an offer I tend to take the piss mate, I could collect etc
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 13:39

I think the rack is £52 and the rail is £21 new, how's £35 for the pair?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Feb 26 2013, 14:32

The pack racks have different widths depending on the bike.
I'm ordering a set for the Panigale. The L brackets alone are £125.. Oucha!!
Did pick up a suitable pack rack that'll fit on eebay.
The pack is another £112 for the one I want. Not a cheap set up but about the only option available to me.
The Ducati luggage is over £500 for a tank bag and tailpack but has nowhere near the capacity Ventura kit offers. Shocked

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 14:47

I've got the aero delta pack but wish I'd bought the euro rally, it's bigger but more importantly the top opening is the full width of the bag.

Incidentally Dave do you know anyone with a 1098 or 848 as I've just bought the correct rack off eBay and its complete with a set of L brackets for a Ducati.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Tue Feb 26 2013, 14:51

Steve yeah I'll have it for £35, I am ok to pick it up next time I'm over your way (about 2 weeks) I can transfer money via paypal if you prefer..r give u cash on the day!
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Feb 26 2013, 14:52

You could try Greencat Chris. He has an 848. I'm going for the Aero spada VII pack as I wanna be able to fit a tent etc for camping in it as well.

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 15:16

Cheshirecat wrote:Steve yeah I'll have it for £35, I am ok to pick it up next time I'm over your way (about 2 weeks) I can transfer money via paypal if you prefer..r give u cash on the day!

Cash on the day fine pal. We can meet somewhere in the middle if that's better for you pal. They're yours anyway!!

Good thinking Dave, I'll pm Chris and see if he's interested.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 15:19

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:You could try Greencat Chris. He has an 848. I'm going for the Aero spada VII pack as I wanna be able to fit a tent etc for camping in it as well.
What am I talking about its the Aero spada I've got!! You'll struggle to get a tent in that Dave because of the opening at the top. You'd probably be better with the Euro Rally, miles more versatile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Tue Feb 26 2013, 15:21

Snowcat wrote:
Cheshirecat wrote:Steve yeah I'll have it for £35, I am ok to pick it up next time I'm over your way (about 2 weeks) I can transfer money via paypal if you prefer..r give u cash on the day!

Cash on the day fine pal. We can meet somewhere in the middle if that's better for you pal. They're yours anyway!!

Good thinking Dave, I'll pm Chris and see if he's interested.

I'll be on my way to stockport anyway mate so I can just jump on the m60 round to yours...
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 26 2013, 16:32

No worries pal give me a bell or text when you are in the area
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Feb 26 2013, 19:17

Snowcat wrote:
Dirt Bike Dave wrote:You could try Greencat Chris. He has an 848. I'm going for the Aero spada VII pack as I wanna be able to fit a tent etc for camping in it as well.
What am I talking about its the Aero spada I've got!! You'll struggle to get a tent in that Dave because of the opening at the top. You'd probably be better with the Euro Rally, miles more versatile

Good shout..i'll get one of the Euro Rally ones instead then.... left thumb up

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down