Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/1/2013 ist ride

+10
SteveCat
ellie
mikeyzf600
MrNutt
stevemcc
Snowcat
alyr1481
HEHORE
owen.dyer146
thunderstu600
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

shock 1/1/2013 ist ride

Post  thunderstu600 Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:12

First topic message reminder :

I feel really bad

As you know I've been on this forum for just under a month but have had my bike for 6 weeks. I haven't been able to do the DAS course just yet as xmas was approaching and now gone.
I want to get on my bike ASAP and cannot wait any longer, it feels like i'm in the 'celeb' jungle with cockroaches all over me. Thats how bad im itching.

As I have nowhere dry to store her shes sat outside in all the cold wet weather and her heart had stopped, so on the 1st Jan (the driest and warmest day so far) I pushed her to the front of my house where my outside plug is and charged her up for a few hours. Once charged i rolled her back to the side of the house and noticed my rear brake felt like its sticking. There's only one way I know to get rid of sticking brakes and that's to use them.
I sat on my bike wishing i was on the road and wanted to free the brakes, i know i shouldnt do this but i took her down street and applied the rear brake to free the disk and pads. I then put her back into position with freed brakes.
The bug bit more so i took her out again, this time to the nearest roundabout and back. This was absolutely amazing, I had the biggest smile on my face, she rode awesomely she was very comfortable and it was nice to hear her singing. Everything you say about the cat is true, I didnt stop talking about the bike for the rest of the day.
I obviously regret taking her out afterwards and still do, please slag me out and criticise me all you want, ill totally agree with you, I shouldn't have done it. It was a stupid, non thought out idea and i let my feelings take over and never used my head. I promise this will never happen again until i get my licence.

I am now pushing for this and purchased all the theory test disks etc. that evening and now im just waiting to receive them in the post.
I've been watching MOD 1 on utube so i know what to expect and also reading all the tips on here.
Im bidding on boots on fleebay as i need these for the tests and for the future so may as well be pepared.

Today I went to my local Motorcycle school today for a quote of what the DAS is gonna cost. I've been quoted £750 for a 4 day course.

Admittedly they take care of everything, bike hire, insurance, CBT, lessons, booking of tests and travelling to and from mod 1 and 2. But I feel this is a lot of money considering that 2 years ago i was quoted £550.

Does anyone know what the DAS involves to equate to this amount of money and is it possible to make it cheaper for myself. This quote is for a 4 day course, is this necessary as i have previous riding experience.

I'm thinking of booking and completing the CBT and speaking the instructor to see if he thinks ill pass the Mod 1, then book all day lesson for mod 2 then fingers x i pass.

What do you guys think?

I really want to get on the bike asap but i also want to pass first time so any guidance is appreciated, also my apologies to everyone for not thinking straight,
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

shock Re: 1/1/2013 ist ride

Post  Snowcat Tue Jan 08 2013, 10:31

Echo Steve & Ellie, they do cater for any and all experience, I'd passed in the November then tootled about in varying conditions of crap weather before venturing to BC last year and I've got to say all the peeps on this forum and on that ride out we're brilliant. They have patience and always look after the noobs and there was a few of us last year. You get tips and pointers from them, you're never pushed but the experience of riding in a group like that will do wonders for your own riding and your confidence.

By the afternoon I felt I'd noticeably improved as a rider and others did comment on this following the ride out.

I'll be defo joining some rideouts this year, I'm just gutted I won't be able to make this one (I don't think) but never say never Wink

Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Tue Jan 08 2013, 10:47

Ditto, passed in June, track day in August and I think my first event was Taste of Lincolnshire (ToL).

Mmmm, memories, nice girls at them digs! Lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jan 08 2013, 14:59

Didn't one of our number get a 'lift' back to their digs by one of these young ladies after we bullied them into playing the dice game till late o'clock?
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Jan 09 2013, 16:56

I believe you're correct, although he did request 'no pictures'!

Don't suppose anyone took any notice.

Paul, when's your anniversary? If we can get some pics together we'll send them home for you! LMAO

I'm joking BTW Embarassed pale
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2