Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

+12
billyw
Stu
MrNutt
Dean-J
kwakkat
rmknight
TomCom
Eddie990
ellie
stevemcc
SteveCat
Snowcat
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale - Page 2 Empty Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

Post  Snowcat Tue Jul 31 2012, 12:16

First topic message reminder :

Apparently the German owned company are looking for a buyer for the UK arm of the business. Just another nail in the coffin of UK motorcycle business soon after George White called time.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale - Page 2 Empty Re: Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

Post  Snowcat Tue Aug 07 2012, 14:30

Called in at Manchester, the deals on are nothing less than you could haggle anyway and too be honest it looks like they've put some
Of the prices up just to discount them, it's a shame but the company never did themselves any favours in that respect.

Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Back to top Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale - Page 2 Empty Re: Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

Post  MrNutt Tue Aug 07 2012, 14:40

was going to visit the northampton shop today, as I would like some new boots. Think i'll leave it a bit longer yet
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Tue Aug 07 2012, 15:37

sale ..... yes but but to expensive for me tongue just back fro shop
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Aug 07 2012, 22:47

They've always been over priced and I found their stuff boring, but their base layers are spot on.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed Aug 08 2012, 07:32

I love my HG two-piece touring suit (PSX-TR) and summer gloves, but when I went in there looking for boots I was largely ignored and nothing really fitted so I rode 30 miles to an independent place and got great service and some perfectly-fitted Sidis. I'll go in HG for convenience and some stuff is ok, but I'm not surprised they're in trouble.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu Aug 09 2012, 00:35

Spotted the closing down signs in the Edinburgh shop the other day.

They always struck me a the bike equivalent of Halfords, mostly overpriced with the odd bargain if you happen to be there at the right time.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Aug 09 2012, 11:01

It appears they aren't honouring returns/warranty claims either, just tried to return something that had worn prematurely, is going to get back to me but he thinks their 2 year returns policy might be down the drain, this is barely 6 months old!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Aug 09 2012, 11:39

Couple of alternates to Hein Gericke : . . . .

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] <<< The Expensive One

Logo's #1 , 2 & 3 above are links Smile
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Aug 09 2012, 12:36

Do you think any of them will take my boots back Tel ?? ;-)
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Aug 09 2012, 14:40

You could try, but sadly I doubt it mate Crying or Very sad I suppose you could try Hein Gericke Germany ? It is only the UK arm of the franchises that have gone belly up after all Don\'t Know

However, there seem to be so many lamenting the passing of a german motorcycle kit supplier, I thought I'd give alternate ports of call.
Vorsprung durch technik Wink
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Aug 09 2012, 17:40

0ldcat wrote:Vorsprung durch technik Wink

The lack of that got them in this mess too, their point of sale, ordering and gift card system was extremely outdated, but that needed investment which they obviously didn't have.

Sure many have seen they have doubled the discounts now to 40%

SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:02

Called in at Manchester today to see if they'd exchange my boots, staff in there were arguing with a guy over a "faulty" indicator he had bought and were bitching about changing it.

As for my boots he said the fact that the sole had worn down was down to wear and tear, even blamed it on the foot pegs on my bike even though theyre rubber sleeved and showing no signs of wear, didn't entertain the fact I'd done barely a thousand miles in them and that I thought the wear was excessive, offered to send them back to be examined but said the factory would say the same plus I'd be without boots for god knows how long, if I got them back at all judging by the mess the company is in!!

Progress Through Technology..... I doubt it, stick to small indies from now on me thinks.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stevemcc Tue Aug 14 2012, 04:57

noticed they have updated their web page.
at least 20% of everything and 40% of some.
link

may be worth another visit
stevemcc
stevemcc
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 192
Hobbies : Aviation Engineer
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Tue Aug 14 2012, 09:27

cant buy online
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Mon Aug 20 2012, 22:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Aug 21 2012, 08:55

Suspect there will be further reductions.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Tue Aug 21 2012, 09:00

Shame they don't sell bikes Tom, could have got a real bargain. Very Happy
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Tue Aug 21 2012, 15:02

i am looking for one :p
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Thu Aug 23 2012, 22:46

Was in the oxford Hein Gericke shop today and one of the staff said that they had just recieved an e-mail that they have been bought (by another German company evidently). So hopefully the staff will keep there jobs.
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Aug 24 2012, 12:17

Stu wrote:Was in the oxford Hein Gericke shop today and one of the staff said that they had just recieved an e-mail that they have been bought (by another German company evidently). So hopefully the staff will keep there jobs.
Hmm ponder I wonder if that would be Held then ?

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2