Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe.

4 posters

Go down

MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe. Empty MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe.

Post  Snowcat Thu Jul 05 2012, 17:56

Just read this and though I'd share it with you. It sparked quite a debate and a lot of comments where I lifted off MAG's official FB feed.

A number of concerned MAG Members have been in touch with us after the following story emerged:

'A CAMBRIDGESHIRE motorist has walked free from court after he was cleared of causing the death of a Lincolnshire motorcyclist.

Ian Duncan MacIntyre, 58, was driving his Jaguar XF sports car when he collided with a Ducati motorbike ridden by David Blackburn on the A155 at Hagnaby.

Mr Blackburn, 53, from West Keal, died as a result of the crash which occured shortly after 5.30pm on April 9 last year.

The prosecution alleged Mr MacIntyre was driving carelessly when he pulled out of a staggered junction into the path of Mr Blackburn’s motorcycle.

But a jury at Lincoln Crown Court cleared Mr MacIntyre of causing Mr Blackburn’s death by careless driving after hearing he simply did not see the motorbike coming because of the sun which he described as “low and blinding.” Steam Ears

Mr MacIntyre was discharged from the dock after the jury took just minutes to return its not guilty verdict at the end of a three-day trial.' - Taken from Horncastle News.

On the information that has been reported regarding this case, this could be seen as a miscarriage of justice towards the motorcyclist, David Blackburn. We are currently investigating this further to see how and why the jury came to their 'not guilty' verdict.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe. Empty Re: MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe.

Post  MrNutt Thu Jul 05 2012, 18:39

I have been following this in the bike press, don't really understand how they got their verdict.....

There was another recent case where a biker lost his right leg, after being hit by a polish lorry driver, who was driving over the white line into the bikers lane and then hitting him.
from what I understand the lorry driver's company appealed the guilty decision and won! they argued that it was unfair to expect such a high level of driving competency from their drivers on the road.

So this was given to the court and they agreed saying that the lorry driver should be able to basically drive where he/she wants in which ever lane he/she wants as lane discipline isnt needed and that the biker was at fault for being in his own lane but closer to the centre line. (again from what I understand ) the biker was moving out to the right to take a left hand bend.

Is this country's law system made up of complete fecless imbeciles??
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe. Empty Re: MAG Story, be extra careful out there guys, be safe.

Post  Snowcat Thu Jul 05 2012, 18:58

Yeah I was watching an episode of that Emergency Bikers the other day and a pissed up Lithuanian lorry driver reversed into a van parked behind it, got out and started trying to fight the drivers, when to police came he wanted to fight them, said Britain was shite and threatened to shoot the police and everyone else!!

I think he got banned from driving, should have been deported if he thinks so little of Britain and its laws!!!

Things need to change

Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Jul 05 2012, 19:46

There's often two sides to these stories but sadly it depends on who's in court and what their feeling on bikes are, I have a friend who is a magistrate and she echoes them sentiments.

It's really wrong that personal prejudice gets in the way of lots of things it shouldn't, like GP's that refuse to see patients asking for terminations or emergency contraception because it's 'against their religion' or the coroner that has a particular dislike to Nurse Practitioners. What happened to the hipocratic oath?

Don't get me started lol
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Jul 05 2012, 22:51

i think its to late for that ellie
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Jul 06 2012, 00:34

I asked the doctor for an abortion and he said it was too late once the kids had started school! green smile
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Jul 06 2012, 08:31

ellie wrote:I asked the doctor for an abortion and he said it was too late once the kids had started school! green smile
I shouldn't but LMAO
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down