Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing how time flies when you're having fun

3 posters

Go down

Amazing how time flies when you're having fun Empty Amazing how time flies when you're having fun

Post  SteveCat Mon Apr 06 2009, 23:11

Couldn't work out why the Insurance company was all over me like a bad rash today, just had a look at my registration papers and there it is - had the 'Cat two years today!

Yesterday got back from three weeks working in Zimbabwe and Zambia, dropped the bags and went straight outside and took the cover off the bike. "umm looks nice and clean" and then remember nearly getting frost bite cleaning it before the trip. After relocating my 'luggage' to the washing machine it was time to make sure my leathers hadn't shrunk too much. Glad to find they hadn't - possibily thanks to a weight reducing bug I picked up in Lusaka.
It did not even dawn on me to make sure the :yzf: would start. All kitted up, I wake up the alarm -which had gone into a deep slumber - press the starter. The engine purrs into life even before I had fully pushed the button :whoop: and remained running - usually the bike starts and cuts out and will only run properly on the second start (lazy sod). Nope she was keen for 'walkies'.

It's been a month since I last rode (for me a lifetime),but as the saying goes 'Absence make the heart go Honda' (modified naturally for the 'correct brand'). Navigate the few speed bumps up my road, over the tram tracks and my first corner - 'oooh that's good', aah now I remember, have new rubber. There has to be some good from getting older and forgetful, this kid is in seventh heaven angel. I forget, too, the careful winter riding style, making good progress through the congestion.

The car drivers ranged from the super dozy (don't know you're there), through the (majority) considerate 'let you pass mate' and two green monkies ponder who moved over to block my overtaking Suspect ( 'spose gotto expect that from a 'small car syndrome' driver - both BMW Mini's).
It would seem that I was oblivious to the fact that Pam was on the back, normally when the 'pillion option' is installed, I ride slower :bball:- Think the Givi made sure she stayed on!

Got to Riyka's way too quickly (even though it's 30 km's plus ride - sorry will take a few weeks to get back to miles), onto the next Biker's cafe, quite a few fantastic bends away. Burger queue far too long, so decide to go back to Riyka's a different way alien Surley this much fun has to be illegal!
The bike spotted a 'mate' and wasn't that keen to leave before we got aquanited - hopefully have new recruit here soon.

The good weather brought out all the bikes - crowded everywhere Shocked Was really enjoying the 'extra' lean of the rubber and making a real 🐷 of myself, but had to get home and be an haloangel again Very Happy

Last edited by SteveCat on Tue Apr 07 2009, 06:49; edited 1 time in total
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Amazing how time flies when you're having fun Empty Re: Amazing how time flies when you're having fun

Post  Radar Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:10

Always good to get back in the saddle!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Amazing how time flies when you're having fun Empty Re: Amazing how time flies when you're having fun

Post  tcatcarson Tue Apr 07 2009, 08:04

Nice write up there great
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down