Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of Lincolnshire 2012 Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

+17
c0rps3
Panzerbuilder
Snowcat
mechy69
sir digby
JAM
Radar
MevsyD
Rosco
gazzaboy35
MrNutt
0ldcat
YZFJohn
weasley
Dirt Bike Dave
ellie
greencat
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2012      Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend) - Page 2 Empty Taste of Lincolnshire 2012 Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

Post  greencat Sat Apr 21 2012, 14:54

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taste of Lincolnshire 2012

Due to difficulties securing accommodation I have had to move the date from early September to late August.
Amazingly I have been able to find alternative accommodation for the August Bank Holiday weekend at a very reasonable rate.
The route is planned and the ToL flyer above gives you some idea of what you will see and where you will be going - if you decide to join us.
And I hope you will. Everyone is welcome - new members especially.

Details:

Saturday 25th August
  • Beverley East Yorkshire - meet and greet from 5pm onwards
  • Dinner and drinks in town
Sunday 26th August
  • ToL Rideout - 220 miles around the best bits of E Yorks and Lincolnshire (it's only a 'taste' of Lincolnshire!)
  • Dinner and drinks in town.
Monday 27th August
  • Head home OR ride down to Cadwell for Round 8 of the British Super Bikes!

Costs:

Accommodation: £20.00 pppn, in dormitories.
Breakfast: £5.00 pppn (optional) - now not an option grumpy, but will sort something out (est £5.00pp)

Est total cost: £88.00 assuming £18.00 pp dinner (x2), £7.00 pp lunch (x1), excludes fuel, drinks.

BSB entry £25.00 pp online, £30.00pp at gate

Places:

Accommodation has been reserved, and paid for, for those shown red in the sign-up page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If anyone else wishes to stay at the hostel (recently refurbished, see pictures below) then please contact the hostel to make your booking. The hostel is managed from York tel 01904653147. Speak to Chris Alder or Tim and ask to be added to the Thundercat group. Here's the link to the web-site for more details.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know the August Bank holiday may be good for some and not for others - I'm sorry I could not arrange this for the 8th Sept as originally proposed. The route will avoid the main tourist roads so I don't anticipate the Bank Holiday traffic causing us a problem. The rideout is on the Sunday, not the Saturday. This was done deliberately so that those who may be working on a Saturday might still join us and it ties in nicely with the BSB round at Cadwell on Monday. If you want to go to this then we're less than an hour away. There is plenty of alternative accommodation in Beverley if you perfer a B&B or hotel - bring the family!. Anyone who just wants to do the ride-out on the Sunday is also welcome; just let me know so you don't get left behind!

Please post up if you have any questions.

I look forward to welcoming you all to Lincolnshire East Yorkshire. green smile

Chris

Last edited by greencat on Tue Jun 26 2012, 22:03; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Details amended)

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2012      Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend) - Page 2 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2012 Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 19:29

might be going in the car if the mrs wants to come but its far too early to say, it i take it then anyone can throw some stuff in it. its only a fiesta but im sure it will hold a fair amount of bike luggage

c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2012      Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend) - Page 2 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2012 Sat 25 - Mon 27 August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

Post  MevsyD Wed Jun 27 2012, 21:58

There is also lockers and hangers etc at cadwell for a price, by memory these are about a tenner. They give you a cloakroom ticket that is always a bloody nightmare to find!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:05

Have sent an email to club msv to ask what exactly they have, will post up when they reply...
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed Jun 27 2012, 23:30

I thought they had a bus at the BSB meetings where you can leave your lid etc?
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Jun 28 2012, 10:58

There is Nick. Here's the response..

Hello Martin

Thank you for your email enquiring about storage facilities for "bike
gear" at our August Bank Holiday British Superbike meeting.

There will be a facility for leaving your helmets, bags etc run by
"Riders for Health".  It will be situated slightly to the right, just
past the pay huts at the Main Gate.

I hope you all enjoy your visit to the Meeting.

Kind regards

Carol Gowshall

Administrator

MotorSport Vision

Cadwell Park Circuit, Cadwell, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 9SE
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:58

Bah! grumpy

Can't make it this year, Chris. Unfortunately it's clashing with Waxstock, a Detailing show I will be going to down in Pete-Bog-Horror on the Sunday.

Gutted..... Crying or Very sad
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Jul 17 2012, 22:03

Thanks for the post Matt! Great to hear from you, but sorry you can't make it this year. Any plans to make Surf n Turf? Been out much this year? I know you're one of our 'high mileage' riders!

I hope your trip goes well. It would be good to catch up sometime.

All the best,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Wed Jul 25 2012, 23:41

Sorry guys, we are out of this one.. We have just booked a week in Spain as it is the only week we can get to take the kids without infringing on school time... Much apologies, hope to see you all at the surf and turf..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Aug 01 2012, 16:38

I have just found out I may be able to make the ride out only, will mean a long day, travel over, rideout, then home, a good 400 miles in a day but am keen enough to give it a go.

What are the arrangements regarding meeting time, place and what time is go time, then I'll work it back to what time I have to get up.

Cheers
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:06

Hi Snowcat,

Good to hear you might be able to join us. Set off will be 9am approx from the market place, Beverley, E Yorkshire. I'll PM you a copy of the route over the weekend (when I've got it sorted) and you can see where you might want to join/leave us.

Hope to see you on the day.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Aug 08 2012, 11:41

Just occured to me that there is only just over 2 weeks to TOL and my bike is in bits in the garage, covered in primer and awaiting a foot peg hanger which Triumph are struggling to source. So unless Nick fancies a pillion (difficult without pillion footpegs!) Im not going to make it.

He's in the garage most nights and Im cracking the whip (50 Shades style green smile ) but bless him, he's doing his best!!

I'll keep you informed.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Wed Aug 08 2012, 12:43

Chris, Can you let me have a copy of the route, when done, as well please. There may be some interest from a couple of friends from work.

Cheers Rich.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Aug 08 2012, 16:08

ellie wrote:Just occured to me that there is only just over 2 weeks to TOL and my bike is in bits in the garage, covered in primer and awaiting a foot peg hanger which Triumph are struggling to source. So unless Nick fancies a pillion (difficult without pillion footpegs!) Im not going to make it.

He's in the garage most nights and Im cracking the whip (50 Shades style green smile ) but bless him, he's doing his best!!

I'll keep you informed.

Not too informed please Shocked
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Aug 13 2012, 12:50

Only 12 days to go to ToL!

If anyone has any questions please post up and I'll answer as best I can.

On the Monday morning a couple of us (at least) will be heading over to Cadwell for the BSB race day. If you want to join us that would be great. Tickets are available from here link. Book online to save £5 on the entry ticket price.

Unfortunately there have been some cancellations, so there are now accommodation spaces available at £20 pppn if anyone now finds they can join us or want to enjoy the evening and stay over after the rideout. I've inspected the accommodation and I think you'll be impressed. Just drop me a message or post up.

I'll be at the hostel from 5pm on Saturday 25th. Access is down a little lane (Friars Lane) opposite the East end of Beverley Minster (that you can's miss!). Go right to the end of the lane and the entrance is on the left. Parking may be on grass so bring a stand puck if you have one.

Looking forward to catching up with folks. Safe trip.
Remember to bring a towel! Duvets and pillows are provided.
If anyone doesn't have my mobile number then send me a PM with yours and I'll text it back.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:22

Hi Chris,
I am still hoping to come up on the Sunday for the rideout and possibly stop so I can come BSB on Monday.

The brother-in-law won't be on rideout but him and his wife will be at BSB.

As soon as I can confirm accommo. I willcantact you.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Mon Aug 13 2012, 15:08

Chris,

Put me down for the Sunday night please, still not sure about the Saturday yet.

Chris.

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Aug 13 2012, 17:02

John, I'll wait to hear from you. Hope you can make it.

Chris, you're down for the Sunday night! Just text or message me if you can make the Sat too.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Sat Aug 25 2012, 20:03

Sorry guys and gals gonna have to cancel something has come up at work and I've been called in, gutted was really looking forward to it, Kev

Have fun and be safe
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2