Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helmet Review

2 posters

Go down

Helmet Review Empty Helmet Review

Post  westy Fri Feb 17 2012, 15:11

Recently bought an AGV K4 and thought i would give everyone a quick review of it.

Inital impression, very good indeed!

The helmet itself has 2 off-centre vents above the visor and one in the centre below, all of them open/closable. The vent mechanisms feel very positive and feel like they will last a long time. A quick release strap with a big release tab makes getting it on and off with thick gloves on a piece of p***.

With the two top vents shut the helmet is very quiet, 70mph with nothing more than a (very) faint whistle. Open up the top vents though and it starts to get very windy in there (Although this does help with fogging when you get it).

The field of view is also excellent on this helmet; there is almost no restriction of normal sight.

I suppose everyones head is different but mine is a lovely fit! Padding is really soft as well compared to some shark helmets i tried on.

Price-wise I picked mine up for £180.00 off a seller on Amazon. (wasnt the cheapest K4 out there, but i had vouchers to use). Think its a very good helmet for the price.

westy
westy
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Helmet Review Empty Re: Helmet Review

Post  SteveCat Fri Feb 17 2012, 15:26

Thanks Ben, good to know what they are like - have sort of cast an eye that way.

Do you wear ear plugs?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Helmet Review Empty Re: Helmet Review

Post  westy Fri Feb 17 2012, 15:27