Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some Advice Please

2 posters

Go down

Need some Advice Please  Empty Need some Advice Please

Post  NFB_THUNDER Mon Jan 02 2012, 16:48

Hi Folks

Firstly Happy New Year to you all.

Now to Business,

I have been looking to change the Thundercat as I have a knee problem and the T'cat puts my knee angle a bit tight. The thing is that the T'cat is in such good condition that I am struggling to let it go. :-(. What can I do to open the angle of my knee and make it more comfortable for me to ride. I know you can get foot peg adjusters but I am not sure how good they are and what ones are good for the T'cat. Or I might have to sell the T'cat and look for something else.

Many Thanks

NFB.
NFB_THUNDER
NFB_THUNDER
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 41
Hobbies : Calibration Technician/Bikes, Beer and Music
Humour : I think I have a sense of this.
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Need some Advice Please  Empty Re: Need some Advice Please

Post  Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 19:00

I'm thinking of doing the same altering the peg position.
looks easier enough to do.
the ones that you can buy others have claimed to make it better than standered.
being a welder/fabricator I can cut etc the gear lever shorter and lengthen the brake pedal etc.
then again may not need to.
now that crimbo is out of the way I'll have catch up on my other work.
before I can fanny around my cat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Wed Jan 04 2012, 21:13

I put some MFW Vario pegs from Busters (or M&P) on an RSV1000R for that very reason - the Thundercat is a tourer by comparison.

They worked, in that I could at least lift my feet up onto the pegs. But the soles of my boots ended up a bit too close to the exhaust, even though I only fitted the ones with minimum offset (35 mm if I recall). So after trying a few things I reluctantly had to sell the bike - boo-hoo.

It's not a cheap option, you need the specific adaptors for your bike which fit in the existing hangers, the offset bits and the pegs themselves. Nicely made and finished, though.

I'd think on the 'Cat there would be enough adjustment on the gear lever, but the brake lever would need modifying down to suit - mine's on its lowest adjustment even with the standard pegs. At least it's steel, so easy enough to do.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08 2012, 10:43

let me know if you manage anything - that's one of the reasons i landed up getting another bike - dodgy knees, wrist, and back! (not enough to get rid of her tho lol) - not that this site would be any good for ideas on the cat but it's quite handy for showing you the seating positions on other bikes - you put down your height etc and the bike in question and it shows you a pic of how your riding position would be feet on pegs and on the floor

bike ergonomics
Anonymous

Back to top Go down