Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road of a 1000 Bends

4 posters

Go down

Road of a 1000 Bends Empty Road of a 1000 Bends

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22 2009, 18:15

For anyone on the Thundercats Spanish trip in 2003 - I'm sure you'll remember this. I certainly did.

Road of a 1000 Bends

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Road of a 1000 Bends Empty Re: Road of a 1000 Bends

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22 2009, 18:26

Three heart stopping moments.

2mins 35 secs

8 mins 40 secs and

9 mins 30 secs

Good run though. Pity it ends at 10 mins, there is still a way to go.

Ahhhh, the memories.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Feb 22 2009, 18:36

In deed Master T, I remember it well. The Breakfast Run. Though I prefered going the other way.

For those that might not know, it's the coastal road between two towns (Tossa De Mar & St Filloux), that are 5 Km apart (as the crow flies). The God of biking saw fit to put that 15 Km puppy in between them though.
If you weren't sweating when you started it, you were by the end of it. Very Happy

Thanks for the memory.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22 2009, 20:04

You always did prefer going the other way!!!!! lol whistle

Ahh yes, the breakfast run. Get up nice and early, before it got too hot and there wasn't much traffic on the road.

What a great road though. Got me one of my nicknames. Master Tosser (Tossa) - get it??? eh????

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Feb 22 2009, 20:51

2m 35 & 8m 40 slap'ed

Blud E Hel.......9m 30s.Shocked

If you lean the bike a bit more it will go round the corner.....it will.....it will......that is how they work or so I've heard.

I guess the trick is to scan well ahead and ensure your speed is appropriate for the corner B4you get there.
IMO he could have made all those corners without the panic braking and especially without standing it up and veering onto the wrong side of the road(well in that country anyway).

Lucky Guy!

Rosco[u]
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Feb 22 2009, 21:14

He did stuff a couple of the corners well and truely, but if you look it's where he's catching his m8, or I suspect, when he's looking at him each time. Loss of concentration on that road was scarey, trust me, I had a star shape on me saddle more than a couple of times when me and the co-pilot got to the other end.

Just to quantify the road was better to ride in the other direction, IMHO tongue So yeah the other way is better Wink Very Happy great

You couldn't plan more than the corner at hand ahead, sometimes lucky if you had three you could see through as the vid shows. You were only upright and straight for one 800m stretch (which would have shown if the film was a few minutes longer) the rest of the time you were tilted left or right. And tony still didn't GHKD What a Face

Rather bizarly the slower you rode the road the quicker you seemed to do it and get to the other end. Slower and smooth = quicker, rather than point and squirt - panic brake.

I too would go back tomorrow. That road alone, never mind the weather, is worth the journey. Ask The Master T naughty
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22 2009, 22:09

It really is the most awesome of roads. I have to be honest and admit that I did overshoot one bend on the road and on more than on bend I had to do some emergency braking.

I'll never forget following Tim (Vanguard) on the road one day, he was going a little slower than I would have liked so when he put his arm out and waved his hand I went to overtake. He didn't make it easy for me though and I only just got past him and just made it around the next bend.

When we had finished the ride I asked him what he was doing. Turned out, he was getting a bit tensed up with all the bends that he was trying to relax his arm and his hand, not waving me through at all. Scary or what.

Another day, we were doing an early morning run, I was leading and Tel and some others were behind. I'd gone on ahead and Tel saw me in the distance, across what looked like a little bay. Tel was impressed thinking he wasn't that far behind me. Turned out the Bay was a lot further around than he had thought and he was a couple of miles behind.

It's just one of those roads that you have to do at least once in your life. I have every intention of going back there again sometime.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Mar 19 2010, 13:19

May 2009 - on the mighty Thundercat. Great Road and not too busy!

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 13:48

niiiiiiice... well, you wouldn't want to square the tyres off would you? pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Mar 19 2010, 13:50

Think I'd rather follow the Thundercat rider! Very Happy

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Sun Mar 28 2010, 18:44

Brought back a few memories Ross. Pity about the Megane though.
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down