Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any other really short riders on here ?

+10
Little Ninja
Radar
kwakkat
mechy69
ellie
Panzerbuilder
OHLINS
Rosco
0ldcat
littlecat
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

any other really short riders on here ? Empty any other really short riders on here ?

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 09:34

hiya, im new here , names Cath and im 5 foot tall lol. Have a 97 thundercat coming home very soon, and the guys fitting a lowering kit, got a sneaky feeling i may have to customise the seat too lol,was just wondering if there are any other ( very) shortasses on here , lol, and have you had yours adapted ??? also wondering how other girlys get on with the weight , as thats the only thing i'm a little worried about , being the build of your average 11 year old . pmsl
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

any other really short riders on here ? Empty Re: any other really short riders on here ?

Post  0ldcat Fri May 06 2011, 10:09

Ezzy's Mum (Suzi) is a short lass and has had her cat lowered too. I'm sure suzi would be only to pleased to pass on any hints and tips great
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

any other really short riders on here ? Empty Re: any other really short riders on here ?

Post  Rosco Fri May 06 2011, 10:48

The weight it is is the weight it is unfortunately. It isn't the lightest.
Other than not putting fuel in it (not a real suggestion) get it as low as you can (dropping it through the front forks a bit too perhaps)
Go to the gym, try not to stop in areas that aint flat, get R&G crash bungs and maybe carbon clutch and alternator covers.

As Tel said Ezzy's mum has been to the cat lowering school and will be along shortly (no pun intended) no doubt.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 11:32

lol thnx Smile.It already has crash bungs, the fronts being lowered too, and on the move more weights actually an advantage for me , as i dont exactly help lighter bikes to stick to the road , its turning/pushing the bike which usually gets a little difficult ( understatement of the year), im already fit as hell and a gym bunny, ( qualified aerobics instructor and ex gymnast) , so i guess its gonna be down to handling practise and grim determination lmao.
although i have a very personalised method for minimising the risk of dropping the bike while pushing it, which involves a very large , and becoming permanent bruise on my right hip pmsl
If any of you ever see a red white and black 'cat lying down with a helmet sticking out from under it, feel free to come lend a han d rofl2
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  OHLINS Fri May 06 2011, 13:47

Hello missus, I have a lowered seat (scooped out) that came with my 'cat, being 6ft I don't need it!

You're welcome to have it if you like? It's in good nick... think there are some pics in the items for sale section, give me a shout if you'd like it, it's just sitting in the house.

Lins Very Happy
OHLINS
OHLINS
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 78
Hobbies : Web Designer/Artist/Product Designer... bikes/racing tart/RX8s
Humour : Gutter level
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 14:06

ooh , that might save me a job...ive already ordered a spare, but it seems a shame to demolish it myself if you have one already done
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  OHLINS Fri May 06 2011, 14:10

Well, I can check with the PO how much it would be to post to you and you're welcome to it! green smile
OHLINS
OHLINS
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 78
Hobbies : Web Designer/Artist/Product Designer... bikes/racing tart/RX8s
Humour : Gutter level
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 14:15

brilliant, let me know how mch for the postage, and i will sort it,and message you my address , thank you Very Happy
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Fri May 06 2011, 14:33

Hi and welcome LC.

As Tel & Ross said, Suzie will be the best one to advise but with Linz passing on the seat you'll be off to a good start.

Take a good look around the site. There's many a good idea or suggestion in every nook and cranny. :idea:

TTFN,
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri May 06 2011, 15:39

Not saying a word about shortarses coz I'd be outnumbered pipit

I don't really have any problems manoevering my 'Cat, I do tend to sit my arse on the seat when pushing it backwards, and Im soooooo gonna tempt fate now by saying Ive never dropped him, but I did drop my 125 fuming

Hiya Cath BTW, your not a miilion miles from us here in Chezzy-Vegas!!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 16:10

hiya Ellie, not far at all, might have to meet up sometime so you can have a giggle at me gently lying the bike down ( apparently i dont drop em , i just put em down nicely lol), only ever do it when the bikes standing still hehehe
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri May 06 2011, 16:24

Crying or Very sad Thats not good, takes all the skin off from the inside of your thigh !! shit happens

Be great to meet up, we're relatively new to the area, so we're still learning the roads! Some superb roads around the Peaks if you go off the beaten track.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 18:49

be good to learn the roads myself, was limited on the 125, and till i get my DAS out the way im stuck on 4 wheels, roll on wednesday for mod 1
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri May 06 2011, 20:36

I can think of one other 'shorty' ,, you know who im thinking of , he he ,, black kawasaki anyone!!!!!!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri May 06 2011, 22:02

oh you mean the 1 who thought his rad was leaking again after err some 1 had poured a bottle of water under neath it pmsl begins with a C don,t it
pete & hi cath im in notts to so is tel
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Fri May 06 2011, 22:09

great , would be good to meet up with some of you guys for rides , long as you dont mind babysitting a newbie lol
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09 2011, 15:34

Hi there , I'm probably the shortest bloke in here at 5'4 . The height and weight problem (not my height and weight -the bike's Very Happy ) was something I was really worried about when I bought the Cat .There are a few factors with the Cat first of all the seat is really wide , which means if you have an inside leg in 29" - you'll lose some of that once you've sat on the cat ! There's not a lot you can do about that , the more modern bikes have narrower seats .
The weight , what I found about the Cat is that the centre of gravity seems a little high , so for us shorties it can be a bit tricky when manouvering the bike around especially when it's full of petrol wall
Ross mentioned uneven ground , this is so true , I've been caught out twice when I first bought the bike - coming to a stop and then placing a foot down only to find that bit of road was slightly deeper than expected and then -over I go !!! So that's one are to keep any eye out for. But your confidence will grow with experience .I'm glad you've got crash bungs - most useful Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon May 09 2011, 17:33

lol, crash bungs were a must.
bikes now home , and the guy ended up putting the bigger lowering kit on ( he thinks its 55mm). and ive scooped the seat out cos im an impatient cow and couldnt wait lol, and ive got the balls of both feet down, if i lean the bike slightly i can get left foot flat and right footon brake without feeling too dodgy,and i think this is as good as its going to get. Then again, i cant get both feet down flat on the riding schools lowered er5 , so as long as i believe i can ride my 'Cat, im pretty sure i will be fine( everything crossed lol). and yes, if theres a camber or pothole im in big trouble lol, but im no better off on either the zxr4, or the cbr400 which were the 2 bikes people kept reccomending for a shortie, personally i'd rather have the thundercat, and being a stubborn determined sort i will give it a damn good go
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09 2011, 17:41

That's ok you don't have to have both feet flat ,I can't and don't think I ever will unless I get leg extentions ! when you are coming to a stop just choose where you stop carefully - that's what I have to do Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon May 09 2011, 23:31

I am 6ft4. I am 6ft 4, I am 6ft 4.....

Its no good, I am a fellow stumpy (5ft 5) and have enjoyed my Cat as standard for 11 years years.

Thank God for cuban heels...
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Tue May 10 2011, 00:41

lol , funny you should mention heels , as i think thats the only avenue left to me if i want to touchdown better.shes had the 50mm kit on and ive taken everything possible out of the seat height, so i might have to resort to my wicked new rock malicia boots with the 3" steel heels , but im a little nervous of getting them stuck on the pegs hehehe.
seriously tho, in view of the weight of the bike compared to my measly less than 8 stone, if anyone knows of a way i can get even another half inch off the height it will help my confidence loads.otherwise im just gonna have to say to hell with it and risk it anyway, and i will probably be fine, but if there is a way id prefer to make that a certainty lol
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 10 2011, 09:39

Little Ninja (Linz) ~ who is also verticaly challenged ❤ ~ has had her biking boots professionaly altered to have platform type soles and heels (not quite as bad as the glam rock days of Sweet, Elton John et al Smile ).

Might be worth dropping her a PM and asking for more info and details Question

Just a thought great
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Tue May 10 2011, 10:02

thanks for that, i did think that was a good option , but wouldnt know where to look to get them done, so will pick her brains on that one thanks
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Tue May 10 2011, 12:42

LOL at Oldcat!

Hello again, as Oldcat says I am extremely vertically challenged pmsl and although I could reach the floor I decided to have an extra layer of sole added to my boots. This made a big difference to my confidence and only cost me £8 from my local shoe repair shop who was very helpful. I don't even notice that they have been done now. If you would like to know anything else, please give me a shout.

Linz girlpower
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Tue May 10 2011, 13:14

lol thnx Linz, how tall are you if you dont mind me asking, and is your bike lowered? i can touch the floor with both toes, but as a newish rider just want the extra confidence of more stability
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next