Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what was your best Christmas Pressie?

+9
Radar
kwakkat
andyb
Panzerbuilder
ellie
yamahamad
mechy69
SteveCat
Rosco
13 posters

Go down

So what was your best Christmas Pressie? Empty So what was your best Christmas Pressie?

Post  Rosco Wed Dec 29 2010, 01:23

Tell us your best pressie(s) that Santa brought you.
Anything Bike related?
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

So what was your best Christmas Pressie? Empty Re: So what was your best Christmas Pressie?

Post  SteveCat Wed Dec 29 2010, 14:00

We went for a pressie free Christmas, might sound odd (and for many impossible) but it worked out very well.

However I did 'spoil' myself a tad before time with a BluRay Player, been used mainly as a DLNA client for my netbook so I can listen to my music and look at my photos as well as watch the HD (hardly) bike videos I made this year; also being able to watch iPlayer HD amongst some of the things it is able to do. It's great, very happy.

The other purchase was a pre-owned Yamaha KX-580 (nope not a bike Laughing , a cassette deck) off fleabay. Was a strange feeling going through the 'few' surviving tapes I have. Some date back to my college days and some haven't been played for nearly 30 years, the 'newest' ones haven't turned in 10 years old Was amazed at the quality after all this time, some good stuff as well as OMG what on earth was that rubbish I used to listen to Very Happy
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

So what was your best Christmas Pressie? Empty Re: So what was your best Christmas Pressie?

Post  mechy69 Wed Dec 29 2010, 17:49

well most entertaining one has been the jamie whitam book, really funny
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Dec 29 2010, 17:54

mechy69 wrote: the jamie whitam book

Would you like to do a review on the book when you're through? Book review section has moved, but been gathering some cobwebs of late this looks like a good addition.

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Wed Dec 29 2010, 20:29

I read the jamie whitham book a couple of years ago & thoroughly enjoyed it, may read it again.
Best present, big bottle of jack daniels a few items of clothes & new bike boots which i have not got yet.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Dec 29 2010, 20:57

Best Pressie, a pair of Dainese Torque Pro....but my most favouritist pressie was this.... hehe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Wed Dec 29 2010, 21:22

Best Christmas prezzie for me and the kids, is seeing the wife, who has been suffering from depression since June 2008, enjoying Christmas with us and the rest of our family and not been fazed by it. great She is nearly there. :cheers:

Re the bike kit. I've purchased a back protector but its not arrived yet. Crying or Very sad

Plus, taking a leaf out of Paul's book, the 15 year old Johnny Walker Green Label malt whisky is a tad nice. :drunken:
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Wed Dec 29 2010, 21:28

Panzerbuilder wrote:Best Christmas prezzie for me and the kids, is seeing the wife, who has been suffering from depression since June 2008, enjoying Christmas with us and the rest of our family and not been fazed by it. great She is nearly there. :cheers:

Re the bike kit. I've purchased a back protector but its not arrived yet. Crying or Very sad

Plus, taking a leaf out of Paul's book, the 15 year old Johnny Walker Green Label malt whisky is a tad nice. :drunken:

That is great news rich, terrible thing depression hope the progress keeps up.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Thu Dec 30 2010, 08:07

I didn't get anything bike related this year, we decided to go easy, but I did get the pacific boxset which is a very good series Very Happy

Me and the wife have also bought ourselves a puppy, which we pick up in couple of weeks great Sadly our dog died about 6 weeks ago and our house is horrible without a dog Crying or Very sad So we hunted high and low and have found a dog we want, roll on the second week in January when we can get it green smile
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Dec 30 2010, 20:49

MY FAMILY NUFF SAID
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Fri Dec 31 2010, 13:59

No bike related pressies for me, but I did get a rather natty ipod. Just got to work out how to use it...

Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Dec 31 2010, 16:49

Has to be the handwritten voucher in a card that simply read 'Valid for a trackday of your choice'. Cadwell Park in April will be booked and details posted up for you all tou join if you fancy it.. Other than that the booze was appreciated too!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Wed Jan 12 2011, 22:41

A big red multi-drawer toolchest on wheels so now I can keep all my spanners in one place instead of having to search around multiple toolboxes for the right one.

I know, very sad.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

So what was your best Christmas Pressie? Empty My pressie

Post  NFB_THUNDER Thu Jan 13 2011, 21:52

Hi folks been a while, hope you all had a good christmas and happy new year to ya all Very Happy

I am now a laird! My wife bought me this gift as I have always wanted to be a laird ok so it's only a very tiny bit of scotland but hey roll on the stationary!

Bike related pressies: Muc off kit and new gloves as my others have now given up.

NFB_THUNDER
NFB_THUNDER
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 41
Hobbies : Calibration Technician/Bikes, Beer and Music
Humour : I think I have a sense of this.
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Thu Jan 20 2011, 16:47

MevsyD wrote:Has to be the handwritten voucher in a card that simply read 'Valid for a trackday of your choice'. Cadwell Park in April will be booked and details posted up for you all tou join if you fancy it.. Other than that the booze was appreciated too!

I got a voucher for a "Hottrax" track day, they do them all over.

Will decide where and when over the next few weeks
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:36

Just went onto the Hottrax website and it says that nearly all the tracks have a noise limit of betweem 102-105 dB.

I've got a Micron race can that's fairly noisy - How can I find out how noisy it is?
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:28

JAM wrote:Just went onto the Hottrax website and it says that nearly all the tracks have a noise limit of betweem 102-105 dB.

I've got a Micron race can that's fairly noisy - How can I find out how noisy it is?

I shouldn't worry too much to be fair.. Many tracks have a db limit but rarely do they get exceeded. I have a straight through scorpion can on mine and it registers at 98db even though I really thought I would be over. A pal of mine has a mille that makes a right racket when he guns it and even that was under Cadwell restrictions. Never heard of anyone being told they can't go on as the bike is too noisy.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Sat Jan 22 2011, 14:50

Great stuff, thanks for that Mevsy.

Just need to decide where to do it.

Cadwell, Oulton, Croft, mallory, Silverstone or even Anglesey?
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sat Jan 22 2011, 15:35

Myself, Ross and Krusty did Mallory in October and as much fun as it was it still doesn't compare to cadwell park. I'm doing cadwell on march 11th as it's cheap and I don't really mind if it's wet etc, just doing it to get a bit of focus back but I will be setting one up later in the year for all that want to attend when hopefully decent weather will be in attendance. Will keep you posted, hopefully you can join that one..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Jan 22 2011, 16:35

I agree Mallory was good but cadwell was better.

There was talk of having the option of a trackday immediately before or after taste of lincolnshire which makes it easier for the not so locals to do both.

No harm in having more than one, two or three though Wink

Cheers
Rosco

p.s. I got too much chocolate & things I won't wear.
Only thing I seem to have got for the bike was a flat rear tyre :(
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 15:16

Rather after the event as i'm still computer-less so only get access at my parents but.....

my best christmas present was my coveted leather Spidi jacket which had been hanging up in Julian's office for 6 months while i assembled the funds! Mum announced on christmas eve she was taking me to buy me a surprise christmas present (we'd decided we weren't buying presents this year) and it was my jacket Shocked Now all i need is the bike back!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down