Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decent off -Just back from hospital

+5
Panzerbuilder
andyb
ellie
Toni
kevin10529
9 posters

Go down

Decent off -Just back from hospital Empty Decent off -Just back from hospital

Post  kevin10529 Tue Jul 06 2010, 01:49

Just had a off and back from the hosiptal. Am ok my knee is a bit fooked and my jeans and lid are finished. My jacket dont have a mark on it but my arm is brused and cut - dont understand this!!

Going down a country road near my house enjoying the ride took a slight right hand bend aound 40mph and hit a lots of gravel on on the exit. Down i go bike rh fairing is done so in the indicator and the rh engine cover case oil all over the road.

Took a walk back and realised how much gravel was on the road... loads. On further inspection i saw a big pile on the road side that had just been left from road works that had spilled on the road. Is it the councils fault? If so who do make a complaint to? My friend who picked me up Dads a councilor and he said to take photos but its on a bend on a rather fast road also i cant walk properly at the mo so i dont fancy doing that. Can i make someone from the council go out and inspect it properly?

Cheers Kev
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Number of posts : 50
Hobbies : Football Coach
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Decent off -Just back from hospital Empty Re: Decent off -Just back from hospital

Post  Toni Tue Jul 06 2010, 05:58

Sorry to hear that - but the main thing is that your are ok Exclamation
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Decent off -Just back from hospital Empty Re: Decent off -Just back from hospital

Post  ellie Tue Jul 06 2010, 06:47

Buggar!! Pleased your relatively OK...

Hope you get some joy with the council.

Ellie nurse
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Tue Jul 06 2010, 07:17

At least your ok great

I hope you manage to get it sorted ok ponder
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06 2010, 07:24

blimey glad you're alright - you definately need to get someone to go back and take photos of the gravel both at the side of the road and the road surface if possible - doesn't matter if they're not particularly good but if the gravel gets moved its only your word as to how bad it was - take it the police attended? In which case get the incident number - did they get the highways out to clear up debris from the accident? First point of call get the photos/any incident number then get on to highways/county council - also try and find out who did the work - assuming it was a contractor but they have a duty of care to clear up and leave the road safe - in that event it may be worth ringing the seeing if anyone had reported it if there was that amount of gravel on the road (if its the police you're ringing think you'd have to go through the data protection officer and even then they may not be able to tell you but if they can't its info that your insurance company would probably be able to get if you land up going through them)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Tue Jul 06 2010, 12:44

First things first. Get well soon.

2nd: Hope the bike is fixable and done quickly.

3rd: Sue the rats ass of whoever is responsible!
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Tue Jul 06 2010, 13:00

Sorry to hear of your off & glad you are ok. Definately take pics of the gravel & pursue it.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 07 2010, 05:15

Really sorry to hear about your gravel incident Kev.
Hope you managed to get evidence / got it reported etc.
Please let us know how things go. Hope your knee mends quickly and properly.

I guess a lesson we should all learn from this is to report gravel spills or any other spill, hole, debris on the road that could cause risk to 'life or property'.

Personally I have phoned the local roads dept (if I have their number), local plod or even 999 when I've seen something dangerous on the road. Obviously only using 999 if it was a serious risk to life or property.
I've also found myself stopping to move exhausts and bricks off the road (when safe to do so)
I must admit I haven't phoned in gravel spills as much as I probably should but will try to do more so now.
TBH I probably would'nt have been off the phone during the last Wee Mac with all the winter road-holes and gravel.

Hope you don't mind my rant Kev. I guess if someone had ranted about the road and it was fixed before you got there it would be a different story.

Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin10529 Sat Jul 10 2010, 21:23

some pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10 2010, 22:10

Ouch what sort of trousers were you wearing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin10529 Sat Jul 10 2010, 23:09

wranglers

wear ur leathers kids
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sat Jul 10 2010, 23:51

Panzerbuilder wrote:First things first. Get well soon.

2nd: Hope the bike is fixable and done quickly.

3rd: Sue the rats ass of whoever is responsible!

+1
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Jul 11 2010, 11:51

Ouch!

Sorry to hear about your off. Thanks for making some pics available - that road looks awash with gravel!

Doesn't look too bad, the injury, but it's not my leg and I'm sure it's hurts. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

kevin10529 wrote:wear ur leathers kids

That goes for the adults too!

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down