Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decals

3 posters

Go down

Decals Empty Decals

Post  Storm Tue May 18 2010, 14:01

We were out at the weekend on the bikes and got chatting to a lovely guy at a petrol station but he didn't recognise my poor incognito Cat due to it's strange colouring and lack of decals!! I have had a look on e-bay and found someone who is selling sheets of decals for £9.99 - all in one collour but wide choice of colours. Will these be OK or should I go elsewhere - does anyone have any recommendations? Also, could some kind soul please pop a couple of piccies on, to show me where I should stick the various bits!! I assume it won't matter too much what colour I go for as there aren't too many silver cats around to compare against Very Happy
Storm
Storm
6Bronze
6Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : Secretary, skiing, biking, walking
Humour : Varied - love Michael McIntyre!
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Decals Empty Re: Decals

Post  yamahamad Tue May 18 2010, 16:55

Hope this helps storm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Decals Empty Decals

Post  Storm Tue May 18 2010, 21:55

Thanks for that! I think that helps - my YZF bits are smaller than yours!! I had a scan through the Gallery (doh, why didn't I think of that in the first place!) and of course the Ride article... but there is quite a variety of artwork, presumably dependent upon year, so I will use my imagination! The sheet of YZF decals I found on ebay didn't have Aerosupersport so I'll have to dig a little deeper for that one!
Storm
Storm
6Bronze
6Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19 2010, 08:22

Storm,

You can also order them from yamaha dealers = if its any help i know from someone who has same colours as mine and needed to get some earlier in the year that the big YZF sticker with thundercat under it is £14.95 - if you do get from a yamaha dealer you will need the year of the bike and possibly the frame number too
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Decals Empty Decals

Post  Storm Wed May 19 2010, 09:30

Thanks Suzi! I found another website that does stickers for all makes of bikes and their prices looked quite good. I chuckled at one sticker I found there which was in the proper red font saying Thundergoat!!! Wonder if anyone would actually ever notice!! Think i'll stick with the Thundercat! I know I'm a sad soul but I actually like the name Thundercat but I think from a previous discussion I am probably in the minority here!

Ooh, ooh I was quite excited to see that Neil's bike on the gallery is the same as mine with the unusual (but very beautiful colouring) Very Happy
Storm
Storm
6Bronze
6Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19 2010, 10:25

Hey Storm - well that makes 2 of us in the minority then lol - not sure i would ever have thundergoat on mine tho Shocked I have 2 friends that have always referred to mine as Suzies Thunderpussy - i was going to have that on it but unfortunately by the time i found where to get the decals done someone else had beat me to it so thats out Laughing (obviously they just have Thunderpussy not the suzie bit on theirs green smile )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  londonchris Wed May 19 2010, 21:53

I have a 02 model and does not have aerosupersport decal
"YZF" on main fairing, "deltabox" near engine mounting bolt, "yamaha" on bottom fairing, "thundercat" on tail piece under seat
chris
londonchris
londonchris
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20 2010, 08:48

and to confuse the matter, the US-spec imported bikes (like mine; a fair few were imported from America when they were discontinued here but still available over the pond) don't have any mention of "Thundercat" at all - they were just sold as YZF600Rs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Decals Empty Decals

Post  Storm Thu May 20 2010, 12:17

Thanks for the comments and piccies! At least there isn't a "right or wrong" - I think it's a good thing that our bikes can all look a bit different! Will pop a photo on once I've stuck the relevant bits on the bike (got to buy them first!)
Storm
Storm
6Bronze
6Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down