Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weird things occurring!

5 posters

Go down

weird things occurring! Empty weird things occurring!

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 07:51

Has anyone else got weird things going on when they look at posts? I'm finding over the last couple of days that when i scroll down through posts its giving me inches and inches of blank space in peoples post or moving the profile box from the right to the middle underneath posts while the page loads Shocked rights itself eventually but its a bit of a pain in fact on some of them it seems to be missing posts out i'm getting profiles and nothing else so i can't see what people have put!!!

Last edited by Ezzy's Mum! on Fri May 07 2010, 08:04; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

weird things occurring! Empty Re: weird things occurring!

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 07:58

lol , yes me too , and this morning everything was dark blue and the writing was white !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 08:00

you're about early, or up late! - take it that's down to the election?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 08:03

well I've been working over night (night 2 of 7) so I'm early and late ! Also if you look at your last post on my exhaust thread it's all Navy Blue pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 08:06

How very bizarre! There are some threads when i think i'm missing peoples posts - unless people have been posting the blank pages - the cadwell one being an example all the profiles shot over to the left and i only got half the threads unless there were a couple on there that had been on blank which i doubt!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri May 07 2010, 09:16

Ever heard of a PM ? . . . . .

I am aware of the problem since I too am on here daily. It is very annoying. I am trying to get to the bottom of it. I am awaiting an answer to what's up from the site providers, since none of the site settings have been changed.

If I'm made aware it's happening to other members, then they (our hosts) can not come back with the standard "It's your (my) personal settings". Something which they annoyingly have said in the past.

Please bear with me on this. I am on the case (have been for 'the past couple of days'), but I do have a life to lead too.

Just as an observation, it seems to be mostly linked to threads that have "Quotes" (ie - quoted another post in the thread), in them. If you notice, it doesn't seem to happen in threads with no quotes in them or at least it's not so bad.

As the site builder I am sorry this is causing you all some annoyances. I hope it does not detract to much from your continued membership of yamaha-thundercats.org and that you will stick with us through this hiccup.

Personally, it's driving me nuts too and I already felt quite embarassed that I don't seem to be able to find and "just" push a button in the "Administration Panel" (jokingly I call it the 'Engine Room') and fix this.

Regards
0ldcat (Tel)
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri May 07 2010, 10:09

Thanks for trying to sort it out for us Tel, I must just be used to putting up with stuff... I saw it was happening but never thought to PM you to say... my bad wall

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 12:12

Tel ,I didn't PM you because I didn't find it annoying enough to worth a mention and knew you were probably on the case, also I thought there was a slim chance it could have just been me and my PC/Internet ,tbh didn't really give it that much thought . Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri May 07 2010, 14:17

I knew you'd be on to it Tel, thats why I didnt mention it LOL girlpower :silent:
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri May 07 2010, 18:56

I noticed but didn't want to pressure you Tel, but the time has come...

One week to fix or the kitten gets it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri May 07 2010, 19:44

D'awwwwwwhhhh cute - but didn't you realise that was a Ninja Kitten.... Tel has a crack team of Ninja Kittens, out there keeping an eye on us all!! Eeeeck! Be careful Martin... it could all end up in a furry mess Shocked

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07 2010, 20:51

to be honest i didn't mention it because as you know my server seems to have previous for doing weird things on this site for some bizarre reason = usually it won't let recognise new posts - so i thought i'd see if anyone else had it before i pm'd you - i DIDN'T think you'd be on to it for the simple reason it hadn't been mentioned so i didn't know if you;d know
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri May 07 2010, 23:19

Right.

Got my answer from forumotion (our hosts).

The problem has been identified as being with the "quote" function. It is dependant on the format of which style, form, skin and version of the many types of site on offer and chosen by the end user (site builders/Admins).
Not all forumotion formats and sites have been 'hit' by this problem. So they have been collecting info/complaints/queeries and investigating.

They are on the case, and their techies are working on a patch to fix the fault.

Their advice in the interim is to switch off the "Quote" function. This will not stop those threads already affected from misbehaving, but will prevent further problems from happening. So that is what I will do.

So Martin, depending on how quick or good their techies are . . . . the kitty may just get it !

\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

As the site builder, I'm quite aware that from time to time things go wrong, don't look quite right or indeed may not be what you would like the site to look like or behave.

I am on here daily (unless on hols / very ill / or abducted by aliens). I do notice and see these things going astray. I get just as frustrated and annoyed when these things do go "tits up" as you do . . . . perhaps more so.
I do my best to head them off, repair them or address them with our hosts where and when I can.

Again though, as the site builder, I must expect PM's or emails when things are amiss (comes with the territory). So please do so. I will endevour to answer all of them timely and to the best of my ability . . . when and IF they ever do come.

I would appreciate the chance to address these things in the first instance that way (per PM / e-mail), and then make an announcement (where needed).

I take a great deal of joy and pride (comes before a fall) in this site. It is a success story running now since 2001 over four different formats, MCN, ThundercatsRus, MSN and now here.
I do it not for thanks but rather for the warm fuzzy glow I get from seeing the enjoyment YOU the members get from it. At this point it would be prudent of me to say that I'm not alone in this feeling. There is an admin team that assist me in all this, bouncing ideas back and fourth, and not to mention the volunteers that organise our "Something for the Weekend" meets. I am absolutely sure they get the same warm fuzzy glow too when it all goes (mostly) to plan . . . and equally as miffed or embarrassed when it doesn't.

So . . . I hope that brings you all up to speed.

We, the volunteers, the admin team and me DO very much appreciate your support and continued use and enjoyment of this ALL of our site.

Very best regards
0ldcat (Tel)
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Sat May 08 2010, 00:13

Tel your an absolute star, and must admit i love the site and appreciate (i think) being the opportunity to give you a fuzzy feeling inside by saying so! :cheers:

After joining a few sites after passing test this is always the first hit on favourites list think you all do wonderful job compared to others this one feels more like a wee family, and makes me want to sort getting to one of the meets even more so to put few names to faces and enjoy night out with you all, appreciate all the help and advice received!! clink

Keep it up my man!! clappy clappy clappy
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down