Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of all the bikes you've owned.....

4 posters

Go down

Of all the bikes you've owned..... Empty Of all the bikes you've owned.....

Post  Schnorbitz Thu Dec 18 2008, 14:24

....what is your favorite? And why?

I've had:

TZR125
Thundercat
Daytona 600
R6
VFR800 (rental on vacation)
R1 - current

Out of all of them, the Daytona 600 was my absolute favorite. I loved the look of it and the chassis was amazing. I came of it on a track day and lovingly restored it and had a Valmoto paint job done. My trusty steed took me to France, Italy, Switzerland, Spain and Andorra touring the Alps and the Pyrenees. 2500 miles each time in a week or less and the Trumpet was a legend! That's my 2 cents. Who's next?
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Of all the bikes you've owned..... Empty Re: Of all the bikes you've owned.....

Post  westie Fri Dec 19 2008, 16:04

Weeell, let me think.

50cc Honda cub
250cc Royal Enfield Crusader Super 5
350cc BSA Gold Star.
500cc Triumph Tiger 100
640cc Triumph Bonneville
Bond Bug, not a bike but driven on a bike license

Long gap

250cc Honda CBX250RSE
Yamaha Thundercat
929 Fireblade
Triumph Tiger (2007 model)
954 Fireblade

Not sure which one was/is my favorite, it's a bit like asking who was the best F1 driver.

My least favorite was the Triumph Tiger 2007, not enough ground clearance two up, nearly had us off a couple of times.

Crashed the Cub loads of times trying too hard.
The Enfield was the the first bike that I rebuilt, completely stripping the engine down to the last nut & bolt & putting back together, succesfully.
The Goldie was another rebuild job as it was an ex race bike, it finished in 5 Manx GP's & 1 TT plus loads of other races with the previous owner.
The Tiger 100 needed a few repairs after a high speed prang on spilt diesel, before it being written off when I was 'T' boned by a car driver.
I did my first wheely on the Bonny, although accidentally, before being taken out by another car driver.
I'd love another Bond Bug, so much fun.
The 250 Honda got me restarted into biking & got me to & fro work for a couple of years before the,,,
Thundercat, had a lot of fun & good times on that up & down the UK & the first time I took a bike abroad. Lynn liked it for personal reasons Wink
The 929 was probably my favorite, although I think the 954 has a better engine.

Well, you did ask, Schnorbitz Laughing
westie
westie
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 164
Hobbies : Retired into DIY & house renovation.
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Thecatlass Thu Dec 25 2008, 23:13

Well as most of you know, i've only ever owned the cat and the gixer.

Of course, the cat has to be my fav cos it was my first bike but to substantiate that, if it wasn't for the cat, I wouldn't have learned how to REALLY ride a bike. That bike gave me the experience to handle a more sporty bike and although she kept up with the best of em, it took some effort and skill to do that and enabled me to actually handle a bike rather than the bike handling itself. I can say the cat was very forgiving though (a good job too) and I really don't think I could have had a better first bike.
So much so, that my other half is currently learning and i'm encouraging him to get a cat and restrict it whilst he's learning so he can learn the handling and feel. Plus I can take her out for a reminscent blast when he passes and takes the restrictor off Wink

Gail x
Thecatlass
Thecatlass
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Bikes of course! oh and training manager as a job
Humour : Wicked ;)
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Fri Dec 26 2008, 11:08

1953 BSA 125 Bantam
Suzuki 125 Stinger
Triumph 350 T90
Triumph 500 T90 (barrel conversion)
Honda CB750

Big gap

Yamaha 600 Diversion
Thundercat

Have to say it's a close thing, with the Thundercat just being pipped by the Bantam. First got it (in original trim) when I was 14 for riding round the local fields, woods and colliery slag heaps. When I was 16 I stripped it down and turned it into a cafe racer - racing seat, rearsets, clip-ons, alloy mudguards, huge fibreglass tank off an old Norton, close ratio gearbox, tuned ports and race exhaust, high compression head, stuffed crankcase - the lot. It was a beautiful bike and sounded the proverbial dog's. Two months later I stuffed it into a car on the way to take my first GCE. Ah well!
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Of all the bikes you've owned..... Empty Re Bikes I have owned

Post  Guest Fri Dec 26 2008, 11:51

Hiya All

Bikes Ive had arn't so impresive

Yamaha Passola (50 cc Moped
Suzuki GS100
Honda CG 125
Honda 250 superdream (old 1978 jobby)
Yamaha YZF 600 Thundercat

Cat has to be my favorite, first proper bike, though did love the gs100 as it was my first ever geared bike.

:O)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down