Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK administrators - what's going on here?????

5 posters

Go down

OK administrators - what's going on here????? Empty OK administrators - what's going on here?????

Post  redrob600 Thu Dec 18 2008, 10:22

Hi,

Can you explain how come I have received this email addressed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], when I am registered at your site with my email address as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
Has this been sent to me in error? If so, how has this happened?
I recently re-registered on the new site from the old site, but have not yet posted anything, but it can only be a couple of weeks since then. After how long do you consider a user to be inactive? I would hope that your site has room for those who wish to spend all day posting to the site, those who wish visit every now and again, and anyone in between. If this is not the case, then fair enough - I'll go back to the sites where I'm welcome.

Puzzled & annoyed
grumpy
Robin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 17 December 2008 21:21
To: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Subject: Inactive account on yamahathundercatsrus.aforumfree.com

Hello,
Preferences for the Yamaha-Thundercats forum has been set up by the forum administrator to monitor member usage.
As such if members become inactive they will be sent a reminder if a certain number of posts are not achieved, or a number of days passed without posting elapses.
You are receiving this reminder from a forum administrator because since registering you have posted less than 1 message(s) in any of the forums.
If you wish to stay in our community, and to avoid de-activation please connect yourself to the forum - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - and play an occasional active roll.
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

OK administrators - what's going on here????? Empty Re: OK administrators - what's going on here?????

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Dec 18 2008, 11:02

Look on the bright side...
you posted up so you should be ok for a couple of weeks now!!!

clappy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

OK administrators - what's going on here????? Empty Re: OK administrators - what's going on here?????

Post  Schnorbitz Thu Dec 18 2008, 14:17

redrob600 wrote:Hi,

Can you explain how come I have received this email addressed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], when I am registered at your site with my email address as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
I recently re-registered on the new site from the old site, but have not yet posted anything, but it can only be a couple of weeks since then. After how long do you consider a user to be inactive? I would hope that your site has room for those who wish to spend all day posting to the site, those who wish visit every now and again, and anyone in between. If this is not the case, then fair enough - I'll go back to the sites where I'm welcome.

Puzzled & annoyed
grumpy
Robin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 17 December 2008 21:21
To: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Subject: Inactive account on yamahathundercatsrus.aforumfree.com

Hello,
Preferences for the Yamaha-Thundercats forum has been set up by the forum administrator to monitor member usage.
As such if members become inactive they will be sent a reminder if a certain number of posts are not achieved, or a number of days passed without posting elapses.
You are receiving this reminder from a forum administrator because since registering you have posted less than 1 message(s) in any of the forums.
If you wish to stay in our community, and to avoid de-activation please connect yourself to the forum - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - and play an occasional active roll.

Having frequented the old MSN site a number of years ago and now reappeared on this site I can safely say that everyone is welcome!

I don't know the admins policy on posting before an account becomes inactive but I think I can address your email query. I would imagine that Tel sent a blanket email using the 'bcc' option so that the recipients email addresses weren't advertised to all that received the email. This is a good thing as I wouldn't want my email address going out to all and sundry.

Anyways, good to have you on the board!
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Dec 18 2008, 22:01

redrob600 wrote:Hi,

Puzzled & annoyed
grumpy
Robin

Hi Robin,

First off m8, please calm down. Everyone is welcome here, virginal Thundercat newbies, members from the old cat site at msn, infrequent users, occasional users, daily posters and old sweats alike.
If you look at this thread , it may go some way to explain or answer why you received that mail (not in error), in the first place. Though it should have been to individual mail addresses and not 0ldcat at yahoo. I shall look into that.
In short you (along with 53 others) received the mail simply because you have registered but not as yet posted (the preference was set at less than 1 message as you saw in the e-mail). May I venture that a simple hello in debutant or the senate would suffice.

As to how long before a members account looks inactive is set at 90 days as default, even then a member will only receive a REMINDER that they have not posted in that time. I would suggest that is not an unreasonable amount of time to at least post something somewhere in one of the topics, if for no other reason than to show willing.
If the account remains inactive after the reminder, and then after emailing and or PM's to the member with no reply,... would possible deactivation of that account be considered (please note de-activated not deleted).

You may not have noticed at MSN but there were over 1300 members in the members list. Over half (if not many more) of those were inactive, making management and admin at times problematic. The above preferences and parameters are an attempt to better manage this situation and prevent it from happening again here, rather than wait until it becomes almost un-manageable.

I'd like to point out at this stage that you and the others received this reminder as a private e-mail, and not as a public notice. As an Administrator I would have appreciated the chance deal with this matter in the same manner, or by PM.
Please rest assured NO ill will, offence or mallice is or was ever intended by the reminder mail or this reply.

In closing, if I have not addressed your concerns fully or to your satisfaction please feel free to e-mail or to PM me.

Ride Safe
Cheers & all the best
Tel Neutral
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Fri Dec 19 2008, 07:16

Thanks for the responses.

And for the explanantion Tel - but you're right, I should have given you the chance to sort it before posting here. I'd had a bad day and guess I bit when I should have barked - apologies for that. The settings seem reasonable for you to keep things going smoothly - I guess it's longer than I'd realised since I registered.
Anyway thanks again
Robin
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Dec 19 2008, 16:28

No probs m8y,

Hope all's cleared up. Sent a pm yesterday (guess you got that one) and another one just.

atb
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Thecatlass Thu Dec 25 2008, 23:07

Awww, I love a happy ending :whoop:

Good to see it's not only women that suffer with PMT (post membership tension) too rulez

Merry Christmas guys

Gail xxx
Thecatlass
Thecatlass
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Bikes of course! oh and training manager as a job
Humour : Wicked ;)
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down