Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

topbox

3 posters

Go down

topbox Empty topbox

Post  kevin10529 Wed Jan 27 2010, 14:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What else will i need to get this to fix on my cat??

Thanks, Kev
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Number of posts : 50
Hobbies : Football Coach
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

topbox Empty Re: topbox

Post  SteveCat Wed Jan 27 2010, 15:14

You'll need some mounting rails, these are made by Givi.
Best ask Busters if the universal plate supplied with the box will fit the rails.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 27 2010, 15:19

It says

Mounting Plate & Fitting Kit Included on the advert. Might want to give em a call.

It would nice to know how much you had to bastardise your bike first though to fit it.

I've got the Givi system where you replace some existing bolts with longer ones and brackets and eventually fit top rack which accepts the removable Givi Box's.
If you search for Givi I'm sure Stevecat or myself have posted up about it before.
Givi is normally a bit more expensive though :(

ps. Do you fancy Wee Mac III Kev? It is virtually on your doorstep this year.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin10529 Thu Jan 28 2010, 13:10

Never been on a ridout in my life. Not sure what its all about. All my mates are into cars.....knobs!!!!.

Whats the location of the wee mac III anyhow?
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Jan 28 2010, 14:06

kevin10529 wrote:Never been on a ridout in my life. Not sure what its all about. All my mates are into cars.....knobs!!!!.

What's the location of the wee mac III anyhow?

click on FORUM and scroll down to the RideOut bit and click Wee Mac something or other.

Our Base will be St. Johns Town of Dalry.......near you????

Our rideouts are just a group of us (typically 10 - 20 odd bikes going by previous ones)
My 1st group rideout was BigMac I and I've been hooked ever since.

It is normally fairly well organised affair (even with me involved!)

The rideout goal is for everyone to enjoy themselves without feeling under pressure to do anything they don't want to do. It certainly isn't a race.
We try not to loose anyone by relying on a marker system (whomever happens to be the bike after the lead bike will mark junction/roundabout etc. and if everyone understands it and marks accordingly (and is observant enough to see the markers) then all will be well)

The lead bike always leads and and back marker always stays at the back. Any problems and the back marker should be their to help.
We stop fairly regularly to ensure we don't spread too far apart but if half the group gets past a caravan just before a long tight twisty bit with lots of vehicles coming the other way then depending on overtaking opportunities the group can get split up by several miles. This can be very boring for people marking but if they leave their post before the back marker comes then it all goes Pete Tong.

I normally get to lead or be the back marker on the MAC's since I'm rotten at marking (just ask anyone who saw me mark at Taste of Lincolnshire or Surf and Turf.

Everyone has to know their own abilities and not get carried away. You'll probably learn a lot about by following certain people (not too close) and talking to them and the people who have been following you.

I hope to try it out in late March or early April (weather permitting) to check the route / fuel stops etc if you fancy.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin10529 Fri Jan 29 2010, 11:46

Sounds like fun. Its only about 45min from my door. I know the road well - i have to drive it every thursday night on the :t-cat: no matter what the weather!!

keep me posted with dates/route will need to take time aff work.

We will be stoping for food??
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jan 29 2010, 12:22

Hi Kev