Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Test ....

2 posters

Go down

New Test .... Empty New Test ....

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04 2009, 21:40

.... so pleased i passed my test on the old one having just read this on another forumn.........

just got back from my 3rd module 1 test!!!

FAILED!!! Everything perfect, didnt even hit that blasted cone!! but failed on speed through the camera, only got 49kph and should be 50kph or above.

1 kph for gods sake.......................GUTTED.......................:-(

Not quite sure what bit of the test this is unless its the much debated swerve or stop one but i can't believe someone can fail a test because they are going 1kph too slow!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New Test .... Empty Re: New Test ....

Post  0ldcat Fri Dec 04 2009, 22:40

It is the swerve test. It's why that part of the test has to be done at a test centre. You have to reach a minimum of 50kph (31mph) to do that bit of the test, but to speed camera it is tight.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04 2009, 23:31

It's funny you should mention the new Module 1 test . I just passed this afternoon and I was so nervous.But the speed trap thing you mention is for the swerve test and controlled braking .On my first Swerve test today I only managed 49kph , but they do let you have a second go, and if you don't reach 50kph on your second go it's a fail .Luckily on my second go I managed 52kph.But the whole notion of driving really quickly in a confined area is really weird .The slow control excercises were easy but the fast ones , boy I'm so glad it's over - now for mod two ! wall
This is the official DSA Video on Youtube [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05 2009, 08:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] for passing .... that bit at least! i'll have a look at that link when i don't have to go to work ..... on a saturday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] when's your next and how many are there in total?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05 2009, 22:32

I don't know what it was like to pass the old motor bike test , but now you have to go through the following :1,CBT
2, Theory Test
3,Module 1 Test (off road )
4, Module 2 Test (examiner takes you on the road for test)
It's like they've gone out of there way to make it as difficult as possible, not to mention expensive. Also if you don't pass your full motorbike test (500 cc) within 2 years you have to do all the above all over again !So I've just got to do the Training and pass the test for module two and then that's it .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05 2009, 23:46

espaceman3 wrote:
It's like they've gone out of there way to make it as difficult as possible, not to mention expensive.

Wouldn/t disagree with you on that one! When do you take the next bit?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06 2009, 03:13

I haven't arranged a date yet , but the guy at the motobike school said there was nothing available until the first week of Jan .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06 2009, 21:32

must be same everywhere then - couple of the girls had said that too - keeping their fingers crossed for cancellations!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06 2009, 21:48

Well I suppose what with it being Christmas season , presumably the test centres close over christmas ?Dunno. I'm so itching to get on a decent bike - I so close that I can smell the exhast of a cat lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06 2009, 22:21

lmao - hope the garage door is open if you're that close!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06 2009, 22:35

On Tuesday - during my Lunch break - there is a Yamaha dealer down the road from where I work - although they don't have a Cat for sell I'm going to have a sit on a R6 to see how it "fits" I think the cat and R6 are roughly the same size -although the R6 is only 163kg as opposed to 187kg for the cat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sun Dec 06 2009, 22:43

The Cat is a little larger than the R6 and the ergonomics are different - seat height/width, reach to the bars, footpeg height etc. That extra weight does show too - the Cat is a bitch to hold up if you accidentally lean it too far when stationary (we've all been there!).
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06 2009, 22:56

Hi , I'm learning on a Honda CBF 500 which surprisingly is 184kg only a little lighter than the Cat's 187kg-considering the cat is a 600 and has all the faiting etc It's not a bad weight - but obviously a lot heavier than the R6's 163kg ! Do you live in Reading itself ? I live in Woodley.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07 2009, 07:19

weasley wrote:the Cat is a bitch to hold up if you accidentally lean it too far when stationary (we've all been there!).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] don't i know it - i think it was fi who was behind me in blairgowrie when i decided not to turn right after all at the junction but wait for the car - apparently i did a little dance with both feet but i DID hold her on that occasion. Sat on someones R6 the other week - my bum was higher than my head nearly (now that is an interesting sight i can tell you) - then i sat on an SV which was probably the closest seating position wise i've come to the cat but obviously the tank is a lot narrower. Nope - still not found anything i like as much despite the weight difference on some if anything apart from when i have to haul her round i actually find the solidity of her quite reassuring ........... but then it's not me that picks her up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon Dec 07 2009, 12:53

espaceman3 wrote:Do you live in Reading itself ? I live in Woodley.

I'm in Tilehurst - the inlaws are in Woodley though!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down