Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010)

+10
wambo
Daz11
Krusty
yamahamad
terry lees
Robcat
Dirt Bike Dave
SteveCat
ellie
Rosco
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010) - Page 3 Empty Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010)

Post  Rosco Tue Oct 13 2009, 23:59

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

Can you please show your interest in Wee Mac here please?
We are currently looking in to accommodation and may try and get a block booking if the price is right
It would be useful to gauge interest in the trip.

e.g.

Rosco (and my beeatch for the weekend "BravePill" )
Accommodation FRI - Yes please (The Not Quite Booked B&B etc)
Accommodation SAT - Yes please (The Not Quite Booked B&B etc)

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010)

Post  Rosco Thu Mar 11 2010, 00:17

...UPDATE.......13 bikes and 15 people (....and counting)

The Lochnivar

Family Room
Rosco staying Fri & Sat
Bravepill staying Fri & Sat
Malky staying Fri & Sat

Twin#1
TerryLees staying Fri & Sat
BMW John staying Fri & Sat

Twin#2
DirtBikeDave staying Fri & Sat
Daz11 staying Fri & Sat

Double
Rob n Linzi staying Fri & Sat

Twin#3
Greencat Chris staying Fri & Sat
MevsyD staying Fri & Sat

The Lochnivar Hotel - BigNige, Ian & Maurice

Porridge House - Supernaut Steve & Sharon

Come on peeps...........sign up if you wanna see some nice bits of Southern Scotland in April (It's only next month now !!!!!)
Still some space at the hotel if you wanna sign up and join us.
It was glorious weather in April 2009 Wee Mac and I'm 100% sure we'll get weather this time too.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010)

Post  Rosco Thu Mar 11 2010, 00:17

MevsyD wrote:Ross, put me in for a Friday night and Saturday night please. If you pm me your address i'll stick the brass in the post for you.

Chris, riding up from Harrogate whenever on Friday so if you have a route planned I'll meet up with you en route...

Martin

We can sort it out when you come up Martin.....Cheers Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010) - Page 3 Empty wee mac

Post  terry lees Thu Mar 11 2010, 09:02

Hi Chris, Martin, I'll probably be meeting up with John who is coming up from Cheltenham, we could meet in Leyburn Scotch Corner, Devils Bridge, anywhere really. I think I'm the furtherst north so whatever you think. Terry
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Mar 11 2010, 18:08

Spot on Terry, either is very easy for me. What time are we looking at do you think if your pal is riding from darn sarf?
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu Mar 11 2010, 22:12

Hi Martin/Terry,

Would be great to meet up and ride with you up to St John's Town of Dalry what a name!

I'll have all day Friday to do it so happy to meet up at a time that'll get us up there at a reasonable time at a reasonable pace.
For me it's 257 miles! But I might stay over in Thirsk on Thursday night - not decided that yet.

Can I suggest a meet at Scotch Corner. It's obvious and has good facilities. Smile
I remember crashing there at Costa Coffee after the ride back from one of the Big Macs. It was a much welcome stop and only 150+ miles to go!

After that the route up is our mollusc! But if there was a chance (weather permitting) Penrith to Alston with a stop at the cafe would be most welcome. :bounce: Terry - you know that area best. What do you suggest? Question

From Gretna you pretty much have to follow the A75 then the A712.

Here's a suggested route from Scotch Corner, but I'm not wild about the A66. I'd like to avoid the motorways if possible.

So what time do you want to meet? Question

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Fri Mar 12 2010, 10:13

Hi Chris/Martin, It might be better if we met at Leyburn Not for the selfish reason that I live about a mile away, but that we can avoid the A66, There are 2 options from here No.1 through Reeth, stang forrest,B/Castle Middleton in Teasedale, Alston, Brampton, Longton, Gretna etc. No.2 West to Kirby Lonsdale, Kendal. Keswick,[the rest is in my head] but quite a good route coming out at Carlisle. I could throw in a few variations on this theme depending on weather etc. I think a good time to meet would be lunchtimish this would give John enough time to come up from Cheltenham, Or where ever he lays his head that night. It should take us about 3 to 4 hours depending on route and weather. Hopefully John will pick up these posts when he gets back from his skiing holiday, my how the other half live! Anyway let me know your thoughts.
Tes.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Mar 12 2010, 12:51

Happy to meet at Leyburn or Scotch corner. I am closish to both so if Chris is coming up the night before why not grab a bed and breakfast in Leyburn or Hawes and I'll meet you up there at lunchtime? I would prefer to avoid motorways too so the route sounds good. Can hartside cafe be incorporated into either of those?

Martin
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Fri Mar 12 2010, 13:26

the first route yes second probably not.
Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Wed Mar 17 2010, 17:59

booked in at the lochinvar now with everyone else. cancelled the porridge house.
steve............
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Mar 17 2010, 18:12

Brilliant Steve.

It is quite a small place (the town(village)) but at least the Lochinvar has a pub......two actually great clink

I'll bring the cards, dice and trivial pursuit. Suzie said she is bringing a measuring tape for the line up but we'll just leave her with tripod chris lachen

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Mar 17 2010, 21:32

Hi Tes,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, happy to meet in Leyburn. Let's know where - the Market Place is quite big!
As to route, both sound interesting. Perhaps we can make a decision when we know what the weather might be like?

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you've been able to get in at the Lochinvar. It'll be great to see you and Sharon again. If we end up going via Devil's Bridge is there any chance of you joining us for the ride up?

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Thu Mar 18 2010, 12:42

hia Chris. It'll be good to catch up with you, long time no see. If the ride up went via devils bridge it would be great to meet up with everyone there. I shall keep an eye out to see whats decided.
Cheers mate, we look foreward to seeing you next month.
Steve..............
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Mar 18 2010, 15:40

Hi, Chris and all, Its market day on Friday in Leyburn, but no problem. If we meet outside Barclays Bank on the pavement about 1.30 that should do us.
Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Wed Mar 31 2010, 10:11

Right, I'm coming up on the Saturday morning and will just be staying the Saturday night. Should be there for 8.30am, assuming Ben's wop tractor can keep up Laughing
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III Sign Up (Rideout - Saturday April 17th 2010) - Page 3 Empty wee Mac

Post  terry lees Fri Apr 02 2010, 09:35

Hi Ross, Bad news for me, went to the hospital yesterday to have the pot removed from my ankle, and it was'nt a pretty sight, the've fitted me up with one of those air boots, and have to wear that for at least the next 4 weeks. I can hardly put any weight on it, so unfortunately will have to pull out. If you can't fill my space at the pub, and I owe money, just let me know. Even worse there's a very strong possibility I wont make the Spanish trip either, big BooHoo for me. Tes.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Apr 02 2010, 13:05

terry lees wrote:Hi Ross, Bad news for me, went to the hospital yesterday to have the pot removed from my ankle, and it was'nt a pretty sight, the've fitted me up with one of those air boots, and have to wear that for at least the next 4 weeks. I can hardly put any weight on it, so unfortunately will have to pull out. If you can't fill my space at the pub, and I owe money, just let me know. Even worse there's a very strong possibility I wont make the Spanish trip either, big BooHoo for me. Tes.

Hi Terry

As per telephone call I hope you get very well very soon.
Really hope you've recovered for the Spanish trip as I know how much you (and everyone else) enjoyed it last year.

Hopefully we can sort out your space at the pub.
Krusty and his mate Ben are are having accomodation troubles but hopefully we can sort it all out soon.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Apr 02 2010, 17:58

That's a bummer Terry... Tough luck on that one and get well soon. Chris, do you want to revise the meeting point? I am in Harrogate so wherever you want really..

Martin
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Apr 03 2010, 11:56

Bummer terry. Hope you're fighting fit for the Spain trip. I'm working on 'er indoors for next year!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Apr 08 2010, 21:43

Tick tock! Getting closer and really looking forward to it now... Chris or anyone riding from 'darn sarf'... Any ideas on confirmation of meeting point and times now that Terry can no longer do it?

Martin
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Apr 09 2010, 08:39

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've spoken to John, Terry's friend, who is still coming up to the Wee Mac about a revised meeting place. Since I hope we can also meet up with Supernaut (Steve) I think Devil's Bridge might be the best meeting place. How would that suit you? Here's the list of folk riding up:

MevsyD (Martin) Harrogate
Greencat (Chris) Thirsk
John (John) S Leeds
Supernaut (Steve) Bolton

How does 12 noon sound to meet? I think we can then go up via Hartshead and have a break at the cafe.

What do you think?

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Apr 09 2010, 18:04

Works for me Chris. See you there at 12. Might even clean me bike!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Thu Apr 15 2010, 12:36

yeah, thanks Chris. As per text message, we will be at Devils Bridge for 12 mid-day. Sorry I have'nt posted up sooner, had a lot on recently, this has crept up on us and all of a sudden we're going tomorrow. Really looking foreward to the weekend !
Thanks for the message, Ross, with the itinery. I've sent you a text so you have my number and I've saved yours.
See you all tomorrow, whoo hoo!
Steve........
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3