Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts.

+14
kwakkat
Eddie990
Radar
Robcat
terry lees
The White One
FatCat
billyw
Gillybaby
Panzerbuilder
0ldcat
Little Ninja
Dirt Bike Dave
Rosco
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts. - Page 3 Empty Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts.

Post  Rosco Mon Jun 06 2016, 07:50

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

In a bizarre moment of organisation I've provisionally booked Broadmeadows House in Yarrrowford just outside Selkirk again since Wee Mac 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 were brilliant and the digs were great value, stunning and gave us a great base.
Selkirk isn't too far away if you want to book your own accommodation - most of dad's army Wink stay here every year.

CHECK IT OUT - HERE

In April 2012 most of us stayed in Broadmeadows and a few stayed at the other local accommodation which was just down the road (unless you follow Cath back - sorry Cath).  If there is over-spill from Broadmeadows then we can certainly use this again.

In April 2013 most of us stayed in Broadmeadows and a few stayed at other accommodation in Selkirk.

Read up on WeeMac 2012 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2013 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2014 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2015 HERE

Some rooms are doubles only, some are SuperKing with the option to split into singles (twin room) and some are dedicated twin rooms so the singles will need to share.

So what do I need to know - I NEED people to commit on this page to get your name on the priority list if you want to stay at Broadmeadows.  The first 22 will (unless I hear otherwise) have their space guaranteed when they pay their initial £15 deposit to hold the accommodation. Everyone else will be on the reserve list for Broadmeadows in the order they signed up.

By 17th June 2016 - £15
By 10th October 2016 - a further £15 deposit
By 3rd March 2017 - a further £90

Total = £120

At the end of the stay - whatever the final bill add up to divided as fairly as possible between everyone (hopefully no more than an extra £30)

Once we hit 22 people I'll confirm with the venue.  We've had drop-outs every year so those places will be filled in order of the sign-up list.

Costs - I've worked out approximate costs as follows

Big Hoose (3 night stay) will be a cost of approx £120 - we NEED to fill this  (10 spaces)
Rest of Broadmeadows (3 night stay) will be a cost of approx £120 (4 + 4 + 2 = 10 spaces)
There are two additional beds that they can supply for our use and this will be same cost. I've been in them twice and they are well comfy.

This cost will pay for your accommodation and supplies for breakfast.
We then buy supplies for evening meals and drinks add on any shortfall or subtract any overpayment and then split this between everyone.

Cost vary but in 2015 the grand total (initial total £100) was about £147 (we had some empty spaces though)
I'm hoping the grand total will be not more than £150 for a three night stay - that includes all food and drink Smile- Dinner, bed and breakfast and costs for 2016 were very similar.

It really is a 5 star stay for a 3 star cost Wink

I NEED the first 22 people on the list to confirm and pay a initial deposit £15 PP by Friday 17th June so I'll be looking for people to get their deposits to me before then to REALLY book your place.
You can't please all the people all the time but we'll do our best.

If you have to cancel you will only lose your deposit if we can't find a replacement.
If lots of people cancel then we've got a problem that will have to be shared - but hopefully that won't happen.

Hopefully everyone will get the right room but there might need to be a bit of jiggery-pokery in the sleeping arrangements if you know what I mean.

The RIDEOUT is a TWO day event with one on Saturday 29th April 2017 and one on Sunday 30th April 2017.
Please note that folks who wish to attend the event are welcome to organise their own accommodation.

Will also be looking for volunteer chefs, assistant chefs nearer the time.  Everyone needs to muck in though.

SIGNUP

e.g.
Rosco (Ross) + 1
require a double or two singles depending on who I can talk into attending.

Bravepill6 (Euan) - Might be my +1 or he might be looking for a ride.
require a single whether he's beeacthing for Rosco or not.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Mon Jun 06 2016, 10:51; edited 2 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts.

Post  terry lees Wed Apr 26 2017, 09:02

Well spotted Steve, yes it should have read am. The post code is DL8 5PD but there are about 20 houses with the same post code. My house sits on the corner of the main A684 road and the corner to the village of Harmby, which your sat nav will direct you to turn. Its called Hill House, and sits on the opposite corner to a pub called the Pheasant. Its quite distinctive as its covered in whitewash. You cant miss it.
PM me if you need my phone number.

terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts.

Post  terry lees Wed Apr 26 2017, 09:09

PS There's a fuel station 1/2 a mile down the road, but we'll be going out that way, so no probs.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Apr 27 2017, 09:47

Think I asked this question last year, are towels and toiletries provided?
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Apr 27 2017, 10:36

Yes those things are provided Terry.

I'll not be kicking off till 10'ish tomorrow for a scenic run up and will be going directly past your house Terry. Eta at Broadmeadows is around 5:30 - 6.
I'll be on the Fazer as I've acquired a proper textile outfit to make life better in the Scottish weather. Only taken a couple of years to figure out that leathers are not always the right outfit for across the border.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Thu Apr 27 2017, 11:26

Robcat wrote:Yes those things are provided Terry.

I'll not be kicking off till 10'ish tomorrow for a scenic run up and will be going directly past your house Terry. Eta at Broadmeadows is around 5:30 - 6.
I'll be on the Fazer as I've acquired a proper textile outfit to make life better in the Scottish weather. Only taken a couple of years to figure out that leathers are not always the right outfit for across the border.

Thanks Rob, it'll probably be dry and sunny now. Smile
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Apr 27 2017, 13:44

Rob, Why not start out a touch earlier and join us for the run up, I've planned a nice little route.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Apr 27 2017, 13:58

terry lees wrote:Rob, Why not start out a touch earlier and join us for the run up, I've planned a nice little route.

I'll try and get my mate to hurry up as I'll be waiting on him. Will find out this eve if we are ok to leave roughly 9:15 in the morning.

You doing Brough, Alton and following the B-road along M6 to Moffat?
We was just adding Hawes, Ingleton, Sedbergh before Brough as our route.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Apr 27 2017, 14:45

No, we're doing Reeth, Stang forrest, Barnard castle, and B roads till we hit the A 68 just before Carter Bar. With a lunch beak should get us to Yarrowford between 4 and 5
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Fri Apr 28 2017, 15:12

Have a good weekend all, I hope the weather is kind to yaz... wink thumb up

And not to much of this Guinness

Davie...
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Fri Apr 28 2017, 17:57

Thanks Davie.

Most of us here safe and sound. Mr Tesco had even been and left some food and a couple of lagers. Shame you aren't with us this time. clink

Cheers Ian
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Apr 28 2017, 20:05

Have a great weekend & stay safe left thumb up
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac SIGN UP 2017 - April 28th -> May 1st - Yarrowford, Selkirk SAT & SUN Rideouts. - Page 3 Empty Back Home.

Post  Panzerbuilder Mon May 01 2017, 15:33

Back home safe and sound, if a little tired at 12:30. Thanks to all who made it a great weekend again, and sorry for not saying goodbye to all but I wanted to have as much time at home with Lesley.

Good roads, good weather, good food, a great place and great people, new and old.

Hopefully back next year, if Ross books it again. May see some of you later in the year, if I can wangle a day out by myself.

Safe riding to all. And thanks for making it a fantasic experience.

Rich.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3