Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat

4 posters

Go down

Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat Empty Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat

Post  Jeeves86 Mon May 16 2016, 10:31

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Saturday afternoon while shopping with the family I received call from the police telling me my T-Cat had been dumped not far from my house and asked me to recover it (the police are so helpful!!)

This came as a shock to me as I walked past it at my front door just 2 hours before!

After viewing the damage and waiting over 24 hrs for the csi expert *cough* to get a couple of smudged finger prints from it I've decided it's not worth getting the insurance to fix it or to do it myself.

So If I decide to sell it for parts I'm wondering how much it would be worth.

It's a black, de-stickered '97 T-Cat with 33k on the clock

It's had a full engine rebuild to replace the 2nd gear (in another thread) and done 600 miles since

Stainless down pipe

New rear tyre and sprocket with about 50 miles on both

Aside from this it's standard

Bad things:
Snapped steering lock
Shredded ignition wiring
Few scratches on R/H side where it been dropped (while the scum were trying to bump it off I'm guessing)
Couple cracks on screen
Scratched clock surround
Paint chipped/peeled on tank
Age related scratches and cracks on bodywork

I can send pics through email as I can't post them on here since I'm using my phone.

Thanks, Dan :-)
Jeeves86
Jeeves86
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat Empty Re: Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat

Post  0ldcat Mon May 16 2016, 10:50

Jeeves86 wrote:

I can send pics through email as I can't post them on here since I'm using my phone.

Thanks, Dan :-)
Not in the wrong section if your selling left thumb up

So sorry to hear of the theft and damage --- Thieving Scum Steam Ears

If you have an account with an image sharing bunch such as photobucket or serveimg etc. etc. . .  you should be able to send your pictures there and share them on here via a link using your phone, . . .it's what others do I'm lead to believe  green smile .

Good luck with the sale buddy, and when you get your replacement bike (whatever marque it may be), remember we're here great
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat Empty Re: Gauging interest in parting my T-Cat

Post  weasley Mon May 16 2016, 12:41

If you have the space, time and patience you might make more from it selling parts than selling the carcass. That does mean you will no doubt be left with stuff that won't shift which will need scrapping.

Spares or repair.... at a guess, £5-600? Probably worth around £1k-£1,200 before the incident.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Mon May 16 2016, 19:58

If your going to sell in one piece I think you'll be lucky to see £500 for it. In parts? Engine £250-£300, wheels £50-£70, Fairings depending on condition £50-£150, tank £30-£50, forks £100-£150, steering stem and top and bottom yokes £20-£30, seat £20-£40, screen £10-£20, clip-ons £15-£30, swing arm £15-£30 other pieces maybe £100-£150. Then there is the frame sometimes they sell sometimes they don't. If it doesn't and you scrap it you need to fill in the V5 and send back to DVLA.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 467
Hobbies : Riding, Fixing, Riding Fixing
Humour : Dry, witty, Known as the child.
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeeves86 Wed May 18 2016, 12:35

Thanks for the help guys, I'm contemplating a new build possibly utilising the engine and forks. But that's just a daydream at the moment :-)

Either way I'll be posting some parts on here within the next week or so

If anyone's interested in parts please message me
Jeeves86
Jeeves86
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down